Layoffs in December

My friend....I'm a long time sales rep for this company. Of course I hope to retire with AZ but I seriously doubt it. It was years ago when I realized one can be laid off for no apparent reason. Over the years I've seen great reps laid off while lazy stay at home cheaters survive year after year. As to your comment about a plan....you're wrong I do have one. I started a side business years ago and it's doing very well. NOBODY at AZ knows about this as there are too many back stabbers in this company. If you can't figure out how to run a business during the day on AZ's time you're not too bright. The saddest thing I see is laid off reps trying to get back into this business finally ending up with some contract company at half the salary. Nothing is sadder. So I'll say it again...put in a Plan...yes it takes hard work..it takes some money and most important it takes balls and brains. Are you up for it or are you going to spend your life hoping you never have to sit by the phone to get to the laid off call?
Do you make jewelry and sell them at weekend craft shows?

Read the email statement. Like someone mentioned earlier….lather, rinse, repeat.
Pretty much the same damn form memo as last year when PCx got hit. Just change the TA. I especially find the difficult decision, blah, blah, blah part comical.

does anyone think RD gives a rats ass about anyone in this org? Maybe PS but that is only because he is his boss.

Hey team, challenging couple of days ahead so in the meantime get out there and put our patients first and sell sell sell. Always a hard decision but we value our people so much we are letting go 400 of you, so you’re welcome. The important thing to remember is that no matter what happens to all of you I will be fine.

sincerely,
Ruud

Hey team, challenging couple of days ahead so in the meantime get out there and put our patients first and sell sell sell. Always a hard decision but we value our people so much we are letting go 400 of you, so you’re welcome. The important thing to remember is that no matter what happens to all of you I will be fine.

sincerely,
Ruud

I’d like to echo Rudd’s thoughts with one addendum. Make sure you consider the Backdoor if your offices are closed due to COVID concerns. You might try to hit your HCPs in the parking lot as well since they obviously have to get from their vehicles to the offices so they can treat patients. Remember, just imagine a bucket of money…wait, never mind about that one, but make sure to hit the backdoor and the parking lot. Good selling.

bob

I’d like to echo Rudd’s thoughts with one addendum. Make sure you consider the Backdoor if your offices are closed due to COVID concerns. You might try to hit your HCPs in the parking lot as well since they obviously have to get from their vehicles to the offices so they can treat patients. Remember, just imagine a bucket of money…wait, never mind about that one, but make sure to hit the backdoor and the parking lot. Good selling.

bob

oh, forgot to mention, I’ll be fine too, so that’s good. In fact, I’ll likely get a bigger title with fewer reports, just like last year.

ah yes, the annual az bloodbath. couldnt make it a whole year without saying "happy holidays thanks for your efforts were letting go of 400 of you".
I was LET GO in 2020 And STILL DONT HAVE A JOB. This market is like No Other I have ever experienced. My severance is about to run out and I’m a great candidate. FOOLISH to WAIT! Easier to Get a Job when You Have One! HIT THE STREETS NOW…I am starting my own business so that’s one less rep you have to compete with. Screw AZ, they WILL screw YOU! BTY I won CON in 2018 and was just promoted before the AX.

I was LET GO in 2020 And STILL DONT HAVE A JOB. This market is like No Other I have ever experienced. My severance is about to run out and I’m a great candidate. FOOLISH to WAIT! Easier to Get a Job when You Have One! HIT THE STREETS NOW…I am starting my own business so that’s one less rep you have to compete with. Screw AZ, they WILL screw YOU! BTY I won CON in 2018 and was just promoted before the AX.

I was in the same boat, it took months to land on my feet but I finally did. It is best to get out of AZ sooner than later and always be looking. Pay is low, culture isn't great and when they do layoffs you are competing against your counterparts that just got let go as well. Definitely use AZ as a landing spot for a paycheck but not a long term place.

I also found, other employers don't like to hire reps that worked in giant pods and that have no self accountability. Working with "A" partner is ok but not how this organization has done it. Good luck to everyone, the market is very hard these days and if you can find your way out of pharma that's what I would do, especially if you are under 35. Give yourself a chance to learn and excel in a different field.

First calls were this morning (11/2). So far individuals from EBD-CV (Larry gone) down to DSM have been notified. Reps will learn tomorrow. CVMD will be Brilinta/Farxiga/Lokelma/Alexion reversal med. "Displacements" seem weighted towards CV at the moment, obviously tomorrow will reveal more. Yes, one can blame the Covid-19 pandemic, but when management (Brand Team) forecast Brilinta sales that are currently $170M off target and the Renal anchor product (Roxa) was rejected by FDA, much of the decision was in motion.

Ahh yes the brand team. Maybe the biggest morons I have ever seen at any company. They have yet to get anything right since I started at AZ. I wonder why brilinta was off? Could it be the huge managed care losses, a global pandemic, inept management..I guess it was just the reps fault.

First calls were this morning (11/2). So far individuals from EBD-CV (Larry gone) down to DSM have been notified. Reps will learn tomorrow. CVMD will be Brilinta/Farxiga/Lokelma/Alexion reversal med. "Displacements" seem weighted towards CV at the moment, obviously tomorrow will reveal more. Yes, one can blame the Covid-19 pandemic, but when management (Brand Team) forecast Brilinta sales that are currently $170M off target and the Renal anchor product (Roxa) was rejected by FDA, much of the decision was in motion.

Brilinta is not doing good because of leaders like Larry. He has been finally let go by AZ. I worked with him for many years. no leadership no motivation only talks. he never did anything by himself toomuch dependency on his pets.........you know who i mean. I heard that guy too has been laid off!!! I am not surprised. but it's too late for AZ to take that action....damage is already done..............