• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

MED Layoffs

Looking more and more like it. I doubt they announce Monday 1/31 for 2/1 warn start

Judging by the call on Friday, you would think it's business as usual talking about Feb training meetings, sample allocations leading into March, etc. Truth is, training and operations are no different than the rest of us in MED, they must work and carry out business plans going forward. So until a shoe drops from on high, we all know nothing. Apparently that includes Glenn, looks and sounds as though they insulated him from knowing anything so he could keep in communication with us. If it doesn't happen on Mon/Tue, then perhaps maybe they really are trying to figure out a way to bite the bullet and keep us going. Realistically though, our odds are probably 20% that we survive past Mar 31st.

Ramona just said a decision is coming in "about a week or so".

I think she's full of bullcrap! I think Takeda has everyone in MED already severed on paper and signed just waiting for March 31. We're supposed to believe they need more info from the FDA? Come on!! Seriously?? We're also supposed to believe this Motegrity sample issue is anything other than WE STOPPED PRODUCTION BACK IN DECEMBER when we heard from the FDA? Nope, try again!! These people routinely lie to field sales when it comes to layoffs. Don't ignore the obvious people, trust your eyeballs!!! It's right in front of you. Whoooop there it is!!!!!

I think she's full of bullcrap! I think Takeda has everyone in MED already severed on paper and signed just waiting for March 31. We're supposed to believe they need more info from the FDA? Come on!! Seriously?? We're also supposed to believe this Motegrity sample issue is anything other than WE STOPPED PRODUCTION BACK IN DECEMBER when we heard from the FDA? Nope, try again!! These people routinely lie to field sales when it comes to layoffs. Don't ignore the obvious people, trust your eyeballs!!! It's right in front of you. Whoooop there it is!!!!!

This is about the most accurate post of what happened, and yes Ramona will be MC for the final blow to MED.

I third this…