• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

MED Layoffs

I think Takeda has no problem paying severance to anyone who hires on somewhere else after today. After all the trouble with the unsuccessful drug approval which ended on a bad note for MED reps, I think Takeda will NOT enforce (if there is such a clause) any claw back on severance for signing on before the official last day, April 4th.

What does Takeda policy say about this? Anyone look it up yet?

What does Takeda policy say about this? Anyone look it up yet?

Don't start your new job before April 4th and your fine. Anything sooner and you've technically resigned from Takeda and are no longer eligible for severance. That's how it reads anyway, not really sure how they could, or even if they would bother to enforce it.

Lundbeck here. Sorry for those who were fired today. As bad as Takeda is, it’s not as bad as Lundbeck. Were any psych reps (Trintellix) involved?

Good luck to all.

Same Lundbeck here that posted the above post. Looks like you Takeda assholes ignored my question, because, I guess you’re just assholes! Glad Takeda fired your useless asses! Hope they get rid of a lot more of you useless fucks!

Don't start your new job before April 4th and your fine. Anything sooner and you've technically resigned from Takeda and are no longer eligible for severance. That's how it reads anyway, not really sure how they could, or even if they would bother to enforce it.

I doubt they will pursue anyone (cancel severance check) who starts another job prior to April 4th. Just don't volunteer that information to them when you sign your final paperwork on April 4th.

Same Lundbeck here that posted the above post. Looks like you Takeda assholes ignored my question, because, I guess you’re just assholes! Glad Takeda fired your useless asses! Hope they get rid of a lot more of you useless fucks!
Ok calm down…
No psych reps. This was only the MED sales force in the GIBU. psych reps are safe for now. They might even be saved for the long haul.
Now take a deep breath…

People lost their jobs today! Your question, which could easily be answered by reaching out to your Takeda partner, is the least of their concerns. Read the room

I doubt they will pursue anyone (cancel severance check) who starts another job prior to April 4th. Just don't volunteer that information to them when you sign your final paperwork on April 4th.

I'm not so sure.....I would hate to sign with someone else only for Takeda to find out and cancel my severance. How do they find out??

I'm not so sure.....I would hate to sign with someone else only for Takeda to find out and cancel my severance. How do they find out??

Good question! Maybe they can see through your health insurance coverage at your new job, when the health insurance people check to make sure your not getting duplicate or overlapping health insurance coverage. Who really knows, but I'm sure there are ways HR/Payroll can find out, little red flags they can query for to find out if your social security number is showing activity either in new payroll or new health insurance somewhere else. I'm sure they have ways.

Good question! Maybe they can see through your health insurance coverage at your new job, when the health insurance people check to make sure your not getting duplicate or overlapping health insurance coverage. Who really knows, but I'm sure there are ways HR/Payroll can find out, little red flags they can query for to find out if your social security number is showing activity either in new payroll or new health insurance somewhere else. I'm sure they have ways.

Sounded like a wink and nod from Colin on the call this morning concerning resigning before April 4th. After talking about taking other jobs prior to April 4th, and possibly losing your severance, he slowly stated how one "must officially resign by sending an email to your HR partner stating that you are officially resigning before April 4th". Was that his way of saying, if your gonna briefly have to double dip to hire on with Sanofi, just don't tell us and you'll be fine? Is this how it works in pharma and other companies that lay people off? Don't ask don't tell?

Sounded like a wink and nod from Colin on the call this morning concerning resigning before April 4th. After talking about taking other jobs prior to April 4th, and possibly losing your severance, he slowly stated how one "must officially resign by sending an email to your HR partner stating that you are officially resigning before April 4th". Was that his way of saying, if your gonna briefly have to double dip to hire on with Sanofi, just don't tell us and you'll be fine? Is this how it works in pharma and other companies that lay people off? Don't ask don't tell?

Sure just like the wink and the nod, don’t ask don’t tell policy leadership used last month while deciding our fate. They knew all along we were getting canned and they kept it a secret. So I’ll keep my double-dipping secret and collect every severance dollar I can.

Did they offer the usual severance? 8 weeks plus 2 weeks for every year, payout for accrued vacation and your choice days? Bonus thru the Qtr?

Yep, exactly that. If you're still with Takeda, you can look it up on our HR site. 8 weeks base pay plus 2 weeks base pay for each year of service. Includes accrued VC and YC days. Maximum of 78 weeks severance.

also, COBRA offered at same monthly premium as active employees for length of severance. Overall, good package.

Sure just like the wink and the nod, don’t ask don’t tell policy leadership used last month while deciding our fate. They knew all along we were getting canned and they kept it a secret. So I’ll keep my double-dipping secret and collect every severance dollar I can.

You make a strong argument. Something tells me they have no intention of enforcing this, nor do they have the time, means, or motivation for enforcing it.