• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

MED Layoffs

My guess is they keep us until Dec2022 and then shut the whole thing down.

Plasma Derived Therapies, MAB's (Entyvio), vaccines, is the now for Takeda. Neuro is yesterday's news, Julie Kim was brought on to move Takeda forward and away from retail pharmacy (Trintellix). Prepare yourself now, out with the old!

this is the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

Are you sure? I want to believe you, but it looks as though Takeda and Sanofi are definitely aware, and could be working together. Why is it dumb to believe Takeda could find out and not pay? I mean, maybe you're right, is it truly an unspoken thing that everyone knows about, that companies never deny severance as long as you don't tell on yourself?? Is it basically don't volunteer the resignation and they won't stop the payment? Curious to know how it really works??

Are you sure? I want to believe you, but it looks as though Takeda and Sanofi are definitely aware, and could be working together. Why is it dumb to believe Takeda could find out and not pay? I mean, maybe you're right, is it truly an unspoken thing that everyone knows about, that companies never deny severance as long as you don't tell on yourself?? Is it basically don't volunteer the resignation and they won't stop the payment? Curious to know how it really works??
If you were on the conference call you would know

How many Neuro offers did they offer to GI reps who were cut?

I was part of the GI MED Division that got completely cut (ALL OF US, DM's, EVERYBODY) on Feb 3rd, at 11:00AM Eastern - all hands on deck call. Colleen Picket made the announcement. No mention or offer was made to any of us for any Trintellix/Neuro positions. The next day, HR had a call with us, they only mentioned the standard..."You can apply for any open positions within Takeda if you like".

I was part of the GI MED Division that got completely cut (ALL OF US, DM's, EVERYBODY) on Feb 3rd, at 11:00AM Eastern - all hands on deck call. Colleen Picket made the announcement. No mention or offer was made to any of us for any Trintellix/Neuro positions. The next day, HR had a call with us, they only mentioned the standard..."You can apply for any open positions within Takeda if you like".

It's crazy and sad how they spun the truth.

Regeneron is May 2 start date. Sanofi starts March 7th. Regeneron isn’t an issue…
I wish start dates were reversed…

Sanofi start date is not March 7th, they will be conducting interviews for several more weeks. Some of their postings just went live last week...Green Bay for example, plus many others. This is a complete expansion salesforce they are building, it won't happen by March.

Sanofi IS hiring right now as they have a meeting at the end of March for all new hires. So they are trying to have start dates by 3/7-3/21. FYI

Also, I am interested… how will takeda know if you don’t “resign” and still get the severance? I’m confused on this as well? Explain please…

Sanofi IS hiring right now as they have a meeting at the end of March for all new hires. So they are trying to have start dates by 3/7-3/21. FYI

Also, I am interested… how will takeda know if you don’t “resign” and still get the severance? I’m confused on this as well? Explain please…

Sanofi HR will notify Takeda HR when a Takeda rep is hired, that's how Takeda will know. Plus, if Sanofi finds out you didn't resign and are double dipping, they will fire you AND you will lose your severance from Takeda. Just know that there is a VERY HIGH likelihood both HR teams are working together in some fashion.

Sanofi HR will notify Takeda HR when a Takeda rep is hired, that's how Takeda will know. Plus, if Sanofi finds out you didn't resign and are double dipping, they will fire you AND you will lose your severance from Takeda. Just know that there is a VERY HIGH likelihood both HR teams are working together in some fashion.

First, you are completely wrong. All any HR department will ever give out about a former employee is their date of hire, their last salary and their last day of employment. HR could give a damn about anything else, let alone trying to catch some low level peon like you.

First, you are completely wrong. All any HR department will ever give out about a former employee is their date of hire, their last salary and their last day of employment. HR could give a damn about anything else, let alone trying to catch some low level peon like you.

I hear your logic, however, on our call with HR (Colin and some female) the day after the layoff, the HR lady on the call with him offered to forward our Workday contact info over to Sanofi HR.....So, yes.....That demonstrates they do communicate with each other, and they both are acutely aware of the severance issue as it relates to our termination date of April 4th. So do what you need to do, but know that you are potentially risking both your severance pay, and your new position with Sanofi assuming you get or have an offer with a start date prior to April 4th.