• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Layoffs

The number of times DDT was referenced in the call today was alarming. Not to mention the very purposeful refusal to state layoffs are done for the year. This is post is feeling prophetic.

Note CW's quote that "the changes will be phased" - trust and believe that more layoffs are coming. They are finding ways to use DDT, AI, and omnichannel as a cost effective replacement for the very very expensive sales teams

Note CW's quote that "the changes will be phased" - trust and believe that more layoffs are coming. They are finding ways to use DDT, AI, and omnichannel as a cost effective replacement for the very very expensive sales teams
Spot on! The new AI tool just has a feature built in to behave differently when there is one less rep in the territory. More emails will go out from marketing, etc. Probably changes the call suggestions also.

So what was the reason for the large cuts exactly? A few low-end study failures and Vyvanse generics coming online last year? Or is there a risk with Entyvio generics soon? I saw a news article showing 2026 but I’ve seen other later dates projections online so I don’t know what’s accurate and what isn’t

So what was the reason for the large cuts exactly? A few low-end study failures and Vyvanse generics coming online last year? Or is there a risk with Entyvio generics soon? I saw a news article showing 2026 but I’ve seen other later dates projections online so I don’t know what’s accurate and what isn’t

GI is a dumpster fire. Feels like they want us to quit. We should have realized when all the capable leadership in this company moved to NS that our bread is not buttered.