• Wed news: Medicare $2 generics. Biogen’s high-dose Spinraza. Roche breast cancer trial. Lilly’s unique AI deal. Sage Alzheimer’s fail. See more on our front page

Layoffs are coming in 2 weeks. Nobody seems to realize?

Possibly , the full plan is laid out publicly beginning of February. Full reorg for IM. Everything starts new July 1. So, placements by first of May. 150 or less is the layoff number that is out there.

IS will have 30-35 positions eliminated nationally. We will know early February (some think Feb 1) because of the launch of Tafamidis and the training in April. IS will be trained on that drug first with rare disease so they will be notified earlier. Manager doesn’t think major metro areas will be as effected - more likely territories in less populated areas (less volume) and/or territories with multiple reps.

HR insider here.... layoffs are coming in Q2 2019....it is confirmed..

Not an HR insider here....just someone with common sense. Layoffs have occurred every year or two with Pfizer, so safe to say layoffs coming 2020, 2021,2022, etc. It's the nature of the beast in Pharma. If you think you have a long term career here or with any other Pharma company you need to rethink that. Access is so poor in my neck of the woods I'm amazed we have as many reps as we have. If price controls happen (it's just a matter of time) then we're truly toast.

Not an HR insider here....just someone with common sense. Layoffs have occurred every year or two with Pfizer, so safe to say layoffs coming 2020, 2021,2022, etc. It's the nature of the beast in Pharma. If you think you have a long term career here or with any other Pharma company you need to rethink that. Access is so poor in my neck of the woods I'm amazed we have as many reps as we have. If price controls happen (it's just a matter of time) then we're truly toast.

Well said. Completely accurate.

Not an HR insider here....just someone with common sense. Layoffs have occurred every year or two with Pfizer, so safe to say layoffs coming 2020, 2021,2022, etc. It's the nature of the beast in Pharma. If you think you have a long term career here or with any other Pharma company you need to rethink that. Access is so poor in my neck of the woods I'm amazed we have as many reps as we have. If price comes ntrols happen (it's just a matter of time) then we're truly toast.

Total BS. Been here 20 years and will be here another 10 then retire.You Wyeth and King fools need to
move on. We dumped you over a decade ago. Get over it!

Total BS. Been here 20 years and will be here another 10 then retire.You Wyeth and King fools need to

Jealous? Wyeth and King Legacy reps are consistently kicking your ass in rankings and ability. Stop with the hate and go work at Burger King where you belong and might do well.

Jealous? Wyeth and King Legacy reps are consistently kicking your ass in rankings and ability. Stop with the hate and go work at Burger King where you belong and might do well.

You’ll get yours, count on it. When you reach 50, and you’re closing in on a decent pension, don’t get too complacent. I don’t care who you are or what numbers you have, you’ll have a target on your back. It’s only a matter of when.

Goober is supposed to line it all out Friday. Supposedly the maps will,be published by then as well. If they are you should be able,to figure out your future.lots of us are getting new territories and DM’s. It happens every time.

Yea- only Wyeth and King people got laid off. You're own quote proves you're a moron. How many layoffs occurred in the last "decade" post mergers?? Pfizer people are never touched. You my friend are clueless.

Yea- only Wyeth and King people got laid off. You're own quote proves you're a moron. How many layoffs occurred in the last "decade" post mergers?? Pfizer people are never touched. You my friend are clueless.

Wow are you deluded! I can count 10 pfizer reps not legacy wyeth or king who have been laid off since the Wyeth merger.
Also, I am not your friend. You're an ass.

Wow are you deluded! I can count 10 pfizer reps not legacy wyeth or king who have been laid off since the Wyeth merger.
Also, I am not your friend. You're an ass.

Idiot-the point is that all reps get laid off -not just the "Wyeth and King losers who got dumped years ago"-your quote. Just because you're L-Pfizer don't mean squat. Pfizer lays off whoever they want, and quite frankly most are probably Pfizer hires at this point. Just because you got 20 years don't mean you're going to get 10 more! PS-don't need friends like you, pompous and delusional. Best of luck with the rest of your career. I think it's time for you to order another lunch. The office cows are hungry.

Idiot-the point is that all reps get laid off -not just the "Wyeth and King losers who got dumped years ago"-your quote. Just because you're L-Pfizer don't mean squat. Pfizer lays off whoever they want, and quite frankly most are probably Pfizer hires at this point. Just because you got 20 years don't mean you're going to get 10 more! PS-don't need friends like you, pompous and delusional. Best of luck with the rest of your career. I think it's time for you to order another lunch. The office cows are hungry.

Get your fat ugly ho mo ass back to political board you disgusting old slob.