• Wed news: Medicare $2 generics. Biogen’s high-dose Spinraza. Roche breast cancer trial. Lilly’s unique AI deal. Sage Alzheimer’s fail. See more on our front page

Layoffs are coming in 2 weeks. Nobody seems to realize?

Own it it BS. Completely at odds with the compliance dictates. If you are going to be compliant then there is no way to be innovative. The only way to “own it” is to manage your territory. The problem with that is the “standards “ that have been set that are one size fits all. 10 calls per day detail/ sample call ratios all that bs. EST you can do is get a core of prescribers that keep you in the top third and rest your laurels on your sales numbers.

Own it it BS. Completely at odds with the compliance dictates. If you are going to be compliant then there is no way to be innovative. The only way to “own it” is to manage your territory. The problem with that is the “standards “ that have been set that are one size fits all. 10 calls per day detail/ sample call ratios all that bs. EST you can do is get a core of prescribers that keep you in the top third and rest your laurels on your sales numbers.

And all of the above means nothing. It’s all territory size and how many rep are needed to cover it. Numbers mean nothing, who knows who or what is driving the business?
I guarantee when you see who’s gone it will be people who deserve it and just as many that don’t.

I don’t disagree with you. Was just adressing the ownit question. I know they said it was part of the criteria as well as compliance. Both of those are BS. Agreed that it boils down to zipcodes, overlap and corpus rating. Last time it was where you lived if all other things were equal.

I don’t disagree with you. Was just adressing the ownit question. I know they said it was part of the criteria as well as compliance. Both of those are BS. Agreed that it boils down to zipcodes, overlap and corpus rating. Last time it was where you lived if all other things were equal.

Right, and there’s nothing that you can use to sue Pfizer. It’s all supply and demand. When PFE really have something to sell reps are needed, when they don’t, they don’t. Simple as that. All companies in all businesses do it, and we’re doing it long before Pharma began to. Pharma was insulated from layoffs for a long time.
It’s time to pay the piper.

New maps come out Friday, for IS. IS DBM's find out their fate today; reps tomorrow. The layoffs in IS are 20% per the numbers from Goober. Word is that TS didn't work well with Cluster 2 leadership. I think cluster 2 had a lot of input on "who works well with C2 and who doesn't." In this company, like it or not, C2 has a lot of political power since they show more revenue (more Eliquis scrips downstream). Yes, 50% of scrips come from the hospital, but C2 gets the retail credit for the other starts AND REFILLs. Just my thoughts.

New maps come out Friday, for IS. IS DBM's find out their fate today; reps tomorrow. The layoffs in IS are 20% per the numbers from Goober. Word is that TS didn't work well with Cluster 2 leadership. I think cluster 2 had a lot of input on "who works well with C2 and who doesn't." In this company, like it or not, C2 has a lot of political power since they show more revenue (more Eliquis scrips downstream). Yes, 50% of scrips come from the hospital, but C2 gets the retail credit for the other starts AND REFILLs. Just my thoughts.
TS lost us the Prevnar work too.

TS lost us the Prevnar work too.

Pfizer has always been too stupid and clueless re: hospital influence on retail sales.
The idiots they have have in management have their heads so far up their collective asses, it pathetic ; Incompetent, clueless ass- kissing robots all around.
Hospital reps were used as servants for managers doing busy work and running errands. I knew one mgr. who had his ISR pick up his laundry! It was called “ grooming” for advancement. Hahahahaha!
Pfizer is running out of companies to buy. It’s only a matter of time for its demise.

It's obvious that the ELT played all of us. It's been done before and will happen again.

They announce major layoffs, they know exactly how many, this time not so many, then they wait. They wait for us rats to jump off the ship. They tried to get the tenured highest paid to retire early. Not too successful, it was poorly thought through.

When we jump ship, they save bundles of cash not paying severance. That's a huge incentive for them to play this evil game.

Just realize the truth about this company, if not just for a lucid moment, before you go back to sipping your blue kool-aid.