Massive layoffs planned in Pharma?

This is all about preparing for big merger or acquisition - AZ is mentioned most often. All big players at NVS are gone ( today's announcement about AR leaving Onco!) and replaced with younger 'kids' from smaller companies, who can be 'molded' and easily managed and told what to do. 'Talent hiring' at Novartis has been always corrupted, who knows whom means everything. Qualifications barely matter. If you have good skills and can get out, update your resume and do it now.
Do you really think Novartis will merge with AZ? That would be interesting.

Would appreciate some honest feedback here. I am interviewing with your company for a the Entresto specialty position, down to the final interview with the ASD, and reading the threads on here. While there have already been eight other pharma co's that I know of that have had layoffs since 10/2016 and Teva is laying off 50% of their sales force this Wed., 2/1, there is no assurance anywhere in this industry these days. I have been in the industry as a tenured specialty sales rep and was downsized recently with one of the eight co's. I know Novartis has been notorious for layoffs over the past 8-10 years like many others and there are no crystal ball guarantees here or anywhere else. The pharma industry continues to be in disarray following so many companies with poor senior level decisions as well as the gov't totally ruined it, So here are a few questions before my final interview this week.

1. Overall, what is the culture like at Novartis? My interviews here have indicated things are better here than with other big pharma co's these days.
2. Why has Entresto not grown in market share more since it was launched in 2015? Greatest hurdle(s) selling it?
3. What is the initial sales training like...home study / NJ sales class?
4. Salary range for tenured specialty reps with previous co sales awards?
5. Co vehicle choices?

Thanks, And again I know this site is typically a "rep bitch session," but would appreciate some candid, professional feedback before this last interview. In the meantime, all the best to those of you current Novartis reps.

Would appreciate some honest feedback here. I am interviewing with your company for a the Entresto specialty position, down to the final interview with the ASD, and reading the threads on here. While there have already been eight other pharma co's that I know of that have had layoffs since 10/2016 and Teva is laying off 50% of their sales force this Wed., 2/1, there is no assurance anywhere in this industry these days. I have been in the industry as a tenured specialty sales rep and was downsized recently with one of the eight co's. I know Novartis has been notorious for layoffs over the past 8-10 years like many others and there are no crystal ball guarantees here or anywhere else. The pharma industry continues to be in disarray following so many companies with poor senior level decisions as well as the gov't totally ruined it, So here are a few questions before my final interview this week.

1. Overall, what is the culture like at Novartis? My interviews here have indicated things are better here than with other big pharma co's these days.
2. Why has Entresto not grown in market share more since it was launched in 2015? Greatest hurdle(s) selling it?
5. Co vehicle choices?

Thanks, And again I know this site is typically a "rep bitch session," but would appreciate some candid, professional feedback before this last interview. In the meantime, all the best to those of you current Novartis reps.

If you are in the final Interview rounds and still dont have answers to these questions I think you should ask the ASD when you meet him. SMH.

5. Co vehicle choices?

1.). This is a dog product. NVS is trying to create a market that dosent exist. Second, they failed to get Cardiolgy on board so the PC MDs are not that interested in Entresto because it's lacking professional recommendations.

2) The culture here is the worst I have ever seen. If you like the definition of insanity this place is for you. I've been here less than a year and cannot wait to leave. Next, if you like to drink the cool aid this place is for you too. Finally, if you like to be treated like an 8 year old this place is for you too. I promise you it's a bad decision.

3.) even though you have a great deal of experience you will be going through initial Rep training and then phase two. You will ask yourself all the time what the hell did I do? You will be required to do Oral Boards and be treated like a 10 year old.

Good luck, but you better know what ever the interviewer / ABL is telling you it's a lie.

If you are worried about what kind of car you are going to drive you might not be that interested in the job. However, you better make sure NVS pays you what you are worth they will try to hire you in at a low ball number.

Thanks for the feedback and none of the comments above surprise me too much as I have heard plenty from Novartis reps over the years. Unfortunately, this career decision anymore is not about working for the right pharma co or the one with the best rep feedback if there is even such a place. Where I came from with a long span of years was an absolute nightmare, bad products, bad management choices, etc., etc. It is disheartening to see so many companies in this same rut and I have seriously considered a different career path, but due to all the same factors most of us have including the "GOLDEN HANDCUFFS," I am here at a crossroads finding all the other companies I have already interviewed with and / or turned down pretty much the same. My geography doesn't lend itself well either so I am not in the greatest position to have a buffet of companies that are not a lot of choices besides all the usual contract options,

Thanks for the feedback and none of the comments above surprise me too much as I have heard plenty from Novartis reps over the years. Unfortunately, this career decision anymore is not about working for the right pharma co or the one with the best rep feedback if there is even such a place. Where I came from with a long span of years was an absolute nightmare, bad products, bad management choices, etc., etc. It is disheartening to see so many companies in this same rut and I have seriously considered a different career path, but due to all the same factors most of us have including the "GOLDEN HANDCUFFS," I am here at a crossroads finding all the other companies I have already interviewed with and / or turned down pretty much the same. My geography doesn't lend itself well either so I am not in the greatest position to have a buffet of companies that are not a lot of choices besides all the usual contract options,

Well then welcome to more disfunction you will fit right in. Let the beatings begin

What is the layoff timeframe being anticipated and is it expected mainly in the cardiovascular division? Also just curious what managed care is like for Entresto after being out on the market almost two years?

On paper Entresto looks like a great drug. It looks like you have everything you need to do great. Large Outcome study stopped early, AHA Guideline updated specific for Entresto truth is NVS got this whole thing entirely messed up. Looks easy on paper but it's a disaster.

5. Co vehicle choices?

I don't know where the above posters work, but for me NVS is the best company I have worked for. I know trolls on here will naysay blah blah manager etc. But I'm a field Rep selling Entresto and things are good. Wayyyy better than the culture at Lilly was. I'm not trying to twist anything just a regular guy trying to help someone else, as I hope someone would do for me. I don't know why most ppl on here are just dicks. To answer your questions:

1. When I asked this question to a tenured they said "it's very regional" meaning there is no overbearing corp culture that defines everything. The culture in my area is far better than what I have experienced in the past.

2. Entresto has more than doubled sales since last year. The real reason I believe was that the sales force was way too small. Since the major expansion Entresto sales have very sharply increased. It is a tier 1 recommendation by the major organizations, multiple ongoing trials, it is truly a wonder drug. The idiot who said it was a dog has no clue. I have a family member on the drug and it has literally changed their life. Every doctor has a story like this. The other main reason was payer access, as any Rep knows is usually the main reason. Leadership has recognized this and changes have come and keep coming.

3. Initial training is on par with other big pharma. Home study then 2 wks at corp or offsite. Nothing out of the ordinary

4. Good

5. Ford Fusion

Management will tell you Easy access and Affordable...Truth is PA in 99% of the cases w/ a Cardiology Consult/Echo too... so more lies...

This is completely BS, if PA needed then usually just include confirmation of reduced EF<40. Which is what the label states. The largest Med D plan (SilverScripts)just approved it for no PA $35 copay