Hospital Sales Layoffs?

The real problem for us in IS is that pnuemmovocal pnuemonia may be taken off core measures for 2014. If that happens, we are done.

True!! I have confirmed this as well. I think the final vote on this is sometime in August. If it is not a core measure then a lot of hospitals may choose NOT to vaccinate!!

True. Our end is near. That is why the vaccine reps have the directive to "practice" on uncovered hospital accounts. They are also supposed to be calling on any covered hospital as well. I will say that my vaccine rep has at least let me know her directive. She has also let me bring her in so as not to have two plans. I thanked her for the heads up. They could be (without communicating with us) calling on our accounts as well. That is their directive. Their top account call list included all of our top accounts. (IDN) Ask yours.

True. Our end is near. That is why the vaccine reps have the directive to "practice" on uncovered hospital accounts. They are also supposed to be calling on any covered hospital as well. I will say that my vaccine rep has at least let me know her directive. She has also let me bring her in so as not to have two plans. I thanked her for the heads up. They could be (without communicating with us) calling on our accounts as well. That is their directive. Their top account call list included all of our top accounts. (IDN) Ask yours.

i am confused. Why would they keep vaccine reps over IS reps. Other than cost, the hospital experience is more important than vaccine outpatient.

This seems true. I've had vaccine reps going into my accounts now for quite some time without telling me. They are doing whatever they want really. It doesn't seem to be working.

Your nuts. Vaccine reps. are not calling on hospitals, and they have not been given a directive to do so by the Brand Team. Don't confuse this with a rogue vaccine rep. thinking they can mull over their IS counterpart because they are too stupid to know what they are doing.

Your nuts. Vaccine reps. are not calling on hospitals, and they have not been given a directive to do so by the Brand Team. Don't confuse this with a rogue vaccine rep. thinking they can mull over their IS counterpart because they are too stupid to know what they are doing.

True that! No rep- vaccines or otherwise- is going to wonder aimlessly into a hospital without being shown around. Seriously, they wouldn't even find the restroom before they wet themselves. Give the bullshat a rest already.

You are dead wrong friend... Vaccines reps HAVE been given the direction to "collaborate" with their IS rep to go into all hospitals. It's included in their GPM! They have a hospital sales quota they have to meet. The IS Division is just looking the other direction -and that even means managers and Regional directors. We in IS have been given NO direction or no input about collaborating with our Vaccines reps. Which tells me they (IS upper mgmt) don't WANT us to give the vaccines reps our info, our leads, our contacts, our relationships. Self preservation baby.

But I happen to get along well with my vaccines counterparts and am giving them all the info they want. My vaccines reps are tenured, professional and know how to work a hospital and are treading lightly and taking my direction. We have mutual respect for each other. Why don't the rest of you try a little taste of that.... Bc soon we will all be one.

You are dead wrong friend... Vaccines reps HAVE been given the direction to "collaborate" with their IS rep to go into all hospitals. It's included in their GPM! They have a hospital sales quota they have to meet. The IS Division is just looking the other direction -and that even means managers and Regional directors. We in IS have been given NO direction or no input about collaborating with our Vaccines reps. Which tells me they (IS upper mgmt) don't WANT us to give the vaccines reps our info, our leads, our contacts, our relationships. Self preservation baby.

But I happen to get along well with my vaccines counterparts and am giving them all the info they want. My vaccines reps are tenured, professional and know how to work a hospital and are treading lightly and taking my direction. We have mutual respect for each other. Why don't the rest of you try a little taste of that.... Bc soon we will all be one.

If this is correct, when do they plan to tell us, rather than just sneaking around?

Ditto.

There will be no more layoffs.... Pfizer set to return to the power days crushing all others!

Do not worry... You can trust in our great leadership team.. They are smart, they are trustworthy, and they will lead us back to the top!

........ha........ Sorry..... That was weird.... I thought it was 1990.

Please please please lay me off. It is not worth the amount of money you pay the sales force to keep this division.

Hey if you want out, there's the door!! I DON'T want to be let go. I WANT to keep my job and do the best I can with it. You people who even utter the words of wanting to severed are just stupid - and unrealistic of what it will really be like.
Go start interviewing for all the other jobs you think you'll get. In 60 days, hello reality.

Hey if you want out, there's the door!! I DON'T want to be let go. I WANT to keep my job and do the best I can with it. You people who even utter the words of wanting to severed are just stupid - and unrealistic of what it will really be like.
Go start interviewing for all the other jobs you think you'll get. In 60 days, hello reality.

what do you mean "In 60 days, hello reality?"

I left Pfizer to work for another large pharm company and I must say that I am very happy. Don't let Pfizer brainwash you into thinking it's the ONLY place to be. I had a good run there but there IS life after Pfizer.

If there are going to be layoffs in IS this year you sure wouldn't think it. It's very quiet but it seems to be business as usual. Kind of weird!!

KA confirmed on her conference call that there will be KNOWN of the following:
1. Layoffs in IS this year- Our division is the only one meeting goal at this point
2. Joining with Vaccines- that just would not make sense- we have a different reporting structure, etc,.

We are getting new iPads and they are having a fall POA meeting. That leads me to believe that we are good to go for 2013. 2014 may be a different story.