• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Why is Amgen IC so bad?

“Why are some reps getting DDD depots that is not theirs amazon, optium, mail order accounts?”

because Amgen doesn’t care to take the time and effort to distribute scripts to all appropriate reps. Amgen gets the sales no matter what.

“Why are some reps getting DDD depots that is not theirs amazon, optium, mail order accounts?”

because Amgen doesn’t care to take the time and effort to distribute scripts to all appropriate reps. Amgen gets the sales no matter what.
No one can prove where the scrips are going. DMs just give it to who they like. no way to tell who or where prescriber is. illegal

Heard Horizon IC format is changing significantly for Q1...you may get the same target bonus, but let's see if you still get the big $$ opportunity. Might be goodbye to milestone bonuses.

I came from Celgene. They told us we would keep our IC structure. We did not.

Pre Amgen my IC average yearly bonus was $125k and my equity award was $75k a year.

Amgen my IC average yearly bonus has been $45k and my equity award is $4k a year.

You can understand why no one goes out to sell but instead stays home sending emails around the country fishing for ACTIII soundbites.

At least I got $300 equivalents in Bravo points.

The sooner you understand how the game works here, the better: this is an activity (and self promotion) culture, not a performance one.

Pre Amgen my IC average yearly bonus was $125k and my equity award was $75k a year.

Amgen my IC average yearly bonus has been $45k and my equity award is $4k a year.

You can understand why no one goes out to sell but instead stays home sending emails around the country fishing for ACTIII soundbites.

The sooner you understand how the game works here, the better: this is an activity (and self promotion) culture, not a performance one.
If we paid reps based upon revenue driven, you’d be making $50K/year. Happy holidays!

Heard Horizon IC format is changing significantly for Q1...you may get the same target bonus, but let's see if you still get the big $$ opportunity. Might be goodbye to milestone bonuses.

Not true...I'm on the incentive team. It is changing but the payouts remain essentially the same. And the changes they are making have been in the works prior to Amgen.

That's not to say it won't change at some point- but 2024 overall payouts (not just "goal") not expected to change much at all. Rare disease is the place to be!

Sure you're not a Receptos rep? Sounds like the same whine we hear from those tools.

Get used to it. You are Amgen now. You operate in our world of faking activity. Don't like it, leave.

Why can’t Amgen see where mail -order scripts are written are they not paying to see that data

‘what changed 3 years ago when Amgen decided to get cheaper IMS data
Amgen wants to cut all data contracts and then scratch their heads wondering why they aren't seeing sales. Doesn't matter because the higher ups still get sales and performs. Reps don't and only get a portion of it. That is why the c-suite always claims they are doing great but the guys at the bottom are confused how we beat estimates but still came under in national goals. Rigged.

IBU is the absolute worst now. We used to have someone nice and wiling to answer questions. Instead, they put a raging bitch who always says no to everything to in place. This will make people leave.