• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Interviewing at Amgen, is it as bad as all these posts?

Just remember the grass is greener where you water it. These companies are all the same.

And a major problem is some people let little things that they don't like about their job eat at at them and then decide to leave- only to find out the company they left to go to isn't that great either. Once the 6-12 month honeymoon is over, you realize the grass isn't necessarily greener.

I actually really like it here at Amgen. I have been at enough companies over the years to know what both good and bad look like. Amgen is one of the good ones. I think having a great manager is key and I do. For those people looking for a truthful take on what it is like here- don't trust CP for your fact-finding. The majority of people who come on this board only want to b!tch about their life because that is their personality. Every company has these people and most of them tend to be the ones who post on CP.

And a major problem is some people let little things that they don't like about their job eat at at them and then decide to leave- only to find out the company they left to go to isn't that great either. Once the 6-12 month honeymoon is over, you realize the grass isn't necessarily greener.

I actually really like it here at Amgen. I have been at enough companies over the years to know what both good and bad look like. Amgen is one of the good ones. I think having a great manager is key and I do. For those people looking for a truthful take on what it is like here- don't trust CP for your fact-finding. The majority of people who come on this board only want to b!tch about their life because that is their personality. Every company has these people and most of them tend to be the ones who post on CP.
True Words!