MYRIAD GENETICS

I found this board while googling "anyone work for Myriad?". I'm an AD of clinical development for two oncology drugs in several indications. I manage the Boston-based clinical team of a Euro-based biotech. Looking at a Myriad clinical AD position. Looks like a nice oncology and HIV pipeline.

You seem like the most ligit Myriad poster here. Any insight into the clinical operations group?

Been with company 5 plus years. Was in big pharma for two. Amazing company to work for. Weird how all of these older posts are completely false from individuals that have never worked a day here. MYGN stock is now at $74.00 plus ($14 when I started). In addition, numerous raises, bonuses, and a few hundred thousand in stock options/purchase plan. Funny WYE $43 p/share PFE $15 and laying off tens of thousands. Base is lower, but commish and year end is much higher. Finally we have an amazing culture and C.O.O. My family and I couldnt imagine me working anywhere else, so take it from someone who really knows this company! ...

There are several Women's Health Account Executive positions posted on the company website. Does anybody know if they are using a specific recruiting firm (or firms) to help fill these positions? If so, who are they using? I know inVentiv Health has done some recruiting for them in the past. Any contacts in Ohio?

There are several Women's Health Account Executive positions posted on the company website. Does anybody know if they are using a specific recruiting firm (or firms) to help fill these positions? If so, who are they using? I know inVentiv Health has done some recruiting for them in the past. Any contacts in Ohio?

They suck, stay away. Their stock has peaked, so no potential there for upside. Base pay is low, benefits suck.

Absolutely FANTASTIC company to work for if you really want to love what you do (sales force). For those on the oncology side, you call on surgeons, oncology and GIs. No specific call goals per day, no signatures required, you own your own business. I've been with Myriad for about 2 years now, and we've already had two announced expansions since I came on board. The majority of growth is on the Women's Health side, which calls on OB/GYN. Potential to make lots of money in these new territories.

Benefits are fine...no better or worse than big pharma (where I came from). I personally LOVE not having a company car. Got to choose my own, and then get mileage reimbursement. Depending on your size territory, you could make major coin this way. Metro areas like Boston aren't going to have that though, but the southern states do because the territories are pretty big.

No competition, life-saving product...and the best thing is, you get to sit down and have meaningful conversations with your docs. Most of them actually want you around, at least in my experience.

I actually took a base cut to come here, and have never regretted it. They won't negotiate base salary, but there's also no limit to the commission you can make...so you should take that into consideration.

Stability? We've never had layoffs. The stock split a couple of months ago, and we've got a new *awesome* product launching soon. At least in my part of the country, turnover is practically unheard of in the sales force. Like with every company, I think all of that depends on the manager.

Absolutely FANTASTIC company to work for if you really want to love what you do (sales force). For those on the oncology side, you call on surgeons, oncology and GIs. No specific call goals per day, no signatures required, you own your own business. I've been with Myriad for about 2 years now, and we've already had two announced expansions since I came on board. The majority of growth is on the Women's Health side, which calls on OB/GYN. Potential to make lots of money in these new territories.

Benefits are fine...no better or worse than big pharma (where I came from). I personally LOVE not having a company car. Got to choose my own, and then get mileage reimbursement. Depending on your size territory, you could make major coin this way. Metro areas like Boston aren't going to have that though, but the southern states do because the territories are pretty big.

No competition, life-saving product...and the best thing is, you get to sit down and have meaningful conversations with your docs. Most of them actually want you around, at least in my experience.

I actually took a base cut to come here, and have never regretted it. They won't negotiate base salary, but there's also no limit to the commission you can make...so you should take that into consideration.

Stability? We've never had layoffs. The stock split a couple of months ago, and we've got a new *awesome* product launching soon. At least in my part of the country, turnover is practically unheard of in the sales force. Like with every company, I think all of that depends on the manager.

Thanks for all the info! How is the mileage reimbursement?

EVERYTHING depends on your manager. There have been numerous people "resign" even though they were way over their goal. you get a bitch of a manager who loves to micromanage and you're fucked. Get a manager who gets out of your way to do your job, and you have a great time. There have been people at the bottom of the rankings for 3 years and are still there and there are several employees that I know of that were in the top half of the rankings and ALWAYS hit their goal to be let go. This company sucks for atmosphere and this is NOT a life-saving product.

EVERYTHING depends on your manager. There have been numerous people "resign" even though they were way over their goal. you get a bitch of a manager who loves to micromanage and you're fucked. Get a manager who gets out of your way to do your job, and you have a great time. There have been people at the bottom of the rankings for 3 years and are still there and there are several employees that I know of that were in the top half of the rankings and ALWAYS hit their goal to be let go. This company sucks for atmosphere and this is NOT a life-saving product.

Let's just hope nobody is thinking about getting a job in Texas. I hear the Women's Health Area Manager, I think her name is Kristin, is a real bitch. she is as feminist as you can imagine and really hates men. If you're a woman, just hope you aren't hotter than her because she'll backstab you. I am really glad I don't work in that area, If you are in the Northeast, Southeast, or Cali, then you'll be fine, I have a pretty great manager and I've heard from others that those are the places to be right now.

Let's just hope nobody is thinking about getting a job in Texas. I hear the Women's Health Area Manager, I think her name is Kristin, is a real bitch. she is as feminist as you can imagine and really hates men. If you're a woman, just hope you aren't hotter than her because she'll backstab you. I am really glad I don't work in that area, If you are in the Northeast, Southeast, or Cali, then you'll be fine, I have a pretty great manager and I've heard from others that those are the places to be right now.

Thanks for self identifying, male numbnuts that reports to Kristen. Apparantly, the reps are not that smart here. If it makes you feel better, I work for another company and I have a woman hating manager that is a latent homo (he is-not just being bitter). He got married as part of a cover up, but he HATES and abuses women in his team, as most gay men can hate women as they are jealous they are not one. It goes both ways mofo, not all feminists hate men, btw. I consider myself feminist and LOVE men, we are not Hilary Clinton, baby! Just give Kristen a lustful look when you ride with her and pretend to like her when you work with her.

Hello Myriad Morons. I would like to introduce myself to you....I am Lamont Cranston...it's been a very long time...really good to be back in the sewer with you! I have an update on One of your favorite subjects here....Terry White. So, let's get started:

Terry White: I can verify with 100% certainty that Terry White was spotted exiting the Red Horse Saloon in Key West last Saturday evening. Now that my not sound so bad...but the Red Horse is one of the raunchiest gay bars in Key West. How do I know this....because I made the mistake of going in there 6 years ago to have a beer. I was unaware it was a gay bar and left immediately.

As far as Mr. White....I don't think it was nearly as innocent as mistakingly walking into bar and discovering, quite by chance, that the clientel are pole smokers. How do I know this? Well, I witnessed "Broke Back Terry" leaving the bar with leather chaps and whips. And they were the kind of chaps that have the hole in the back for your ass!

Now, I will leave it up to you.......my followers and warriors to investigate and bring forth additional information we can all use as we move forth and dwell in the depthsof depravity.

I will return soon with additional information.

Your Leader:

Just because you have interviewed with the Regional Sales Manager doesn't mean you'll get it. It doesn't even mean you're in the top 2-3 candidates. Myriad usually has a very extensive interviewing process. For the Account Executive positions, you may have 2-3 face to faces and phone interviews with 2-3 additional people as well, who are usually regional managers from other parts of the country.