• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

MYRIAD GENETICS

Training similar to Pharma - home study and quizzes. Then 2 weeks at the home office. Trainers are realistic and helpful. Without going into great detail - the culture is good. People are at Myriad because the tests are important and really make a difference in the lives of patients and their families. Physicians are generally more interested than they are in drugs, because the tests are unique. It's not like selling a product for a disease state in which there are 3 other options. Ideal qualifications will vary depending on the specific territory, manager, etc. Are there issues? Sure but, on the whole, it's a very good place to work.

Thank you for the great post. Are there any other tests similiar to Myriad's that would be considered competition? Also, once a few of their drugs that are in clinical trials get FDA approved, will the reps be doing both? Promoting a drug and the test? Thanks!

Training similar to Pharma - home study and quizzes. Then 2 weeks at the home office. Trainers are realistic and helpful. Without going into great detail - the culture is good. People are at Myriad because the tests are important and really make a difference in the lives of patients and their families. Physicians are generally more interested than they are in drugs, because the tests are unique. It's not like selling a product for a disease state in which there are 3 other options. Ideal qualifications will vary depending on the specific territory, manager, etc. Are there issues? Sure but, on the whole, it's a very good place to work.

How about computers and call reporting/activity, data measurement, ride alongs, scripted selling...etc.

what I don't understand is that these test just tell someone whether or not they are genetically predisposed to having cancer? big deal, most people are aware what their loved ones die of and what they might get. why is there a need for these tests? to help someone take more vitamins and live a healthier lifestyle? they probably still are going to get cancer, right? please help me understand the purpose of this company's test and why anyone would buy them
i am being serious, not looking to be an ahole or start a fight. just puzzled when i looked at the website. to my, big deal - 'my granddad, uncle, and mom or dad died of cancer so i'm gonna get tested and be preapred'. what?

what I don't understand is that these test just tell someone whether or not they are genetically predisposed to having cancer? big deal, most people are aware what their loved ones die of and what they might get. why is there a need for these tests? to help someone take more vitamins and live a healthier lifestyle? they probably still are going to get cancer, right? please help me understand the purpose of this company's test and why anyone would buy them
i am being serious, not looking to be an ahole or start a fight. just puzzled when i looked at the website. to my, big deal - 'my granddad, uncle, and mom or dad died of cancer so i'm gonna get tested and be preapred'. what?

If you have the genetics and the test finds that you are most likely to get the same cancer as a family member then the doctor can take some action or at least test you more often, keep a close eye on things and catch it early, hence the possiblity of 100% recovery.

An example: a friend of mine her sister had cervical cancer, and died. Both daughters had a test done and they were predisposed to this, both had a full hyterectomy, and are still being monitored closely. Gave them both a great deal of peace of mind.

I would love to work with this company, any news on any hiring yet? If so, where? I recieved a call from a recruiter, but no word yet.

why would a post on here be sent to the dungeon first?

Is Terry White still running the Women's Health side? I phone interviewed with him couple years ago, seemed like a good guy...timing was bad for me to make a move but I'd like to look into this one again, looks like you are expanding.

the company is a complete joke. MC is a good guy but when half your sales organization is genetics counselors trying to sell through the tears ----sales suffers. LOW PAy, no company car, and spoiled genetics people.

They say they are high tech but their sales skills are antiquated at best. If you have to have a job this is a good one to hold you over. People never get fired but many do leave.

Been with company 5 plus years. Was in big pharma for two. Amazing company to work for. Weird how all of these older posts are completely false from individuals that have never worked a day here. MYGN stock is now at $74.00 plus ($14 when I started). In addition, numerous raises, bonuses, and a few hundred thousand in stock options/purchase plan. Funny WYE $43 p/share PFE $15 and laying off tens of thousands. Base is lower, but commish and year end is much higher. Finally we have an amazing culture and C.O.O. My family and I couldnt imagine me working anywhere else, so take it from someone who really knows this company!

and if you are worried about a car, then go with the company that will provide you one instead of Myriad.

I noticed that there are quite a few Area Manager positions posted for Myriad Genetics.

I am curious to know if this is due to expansion or is it a mass management turn over?

With 7 of these positions posted across the country it just seemed a bit strange.

Been with company 5 plus years. Was in big pharma for two. Amazing company to work for. Weird how all of these older posts are completely false from individuals that have never worked a day here. MYGN stock is now at $74.00 plus ($14 when I started). In addition, numerous raises, bonuses, and a few hundred thousand in stock options/purchase plan. Funny WYE $43 p/share PFE $15 and laying off tens of thousands. Base is lower, but commish and year end is much higher. Finally we have an amazing culture and C.O.O. My family and I couldnt imagine me working anywhere else, so take it from someone who really knows this company!

and if you are worried about a car, then go with the company that will provide you one instead of Myriad.

This person doesn't really know what he/she is talking about. That might have been true 5 years ago, but it has completely changed. I don't have a single GC on my team or my Oncology counterpart's team. I can only think of one GC that is in sales...oh...and this GC is way above goal. It's legit. Sales people drive numbers and revenue...just look at the stock. Do you think GC's could do that?

Myriad is Expanding. i've only been here two years and have seen our sales force double. It's a good gig.

I have applied through the company site but would like to contact someone that could give me some personal insight in Northern Ohio. I have been in big pharma for a long time as well as with a small start up. In my opinion the standard pharma sales model has failed and gotten away from true selling skills. My experience is in specialty and hospital which is highly technical and account management making Myriad form my research very appealing.

Basically, this company treats its employees like shit. They don't care about you or your family. they will fire you for no reason, even if you are in top 20% of the company, simply because the manager doesn't like you. Trust me, this company is waiting for a lawsuit. It's only a matter of time.

This might be a good company. Their stock is doing well. The sales positions seem to be more "entry level" or early on in a pharma reps career. They won't budge on their low salary and as discussed, there is no car, etc. It just seems they will have a hard time getting experienced, good oncology reps for that side of their saleforce with the lower compensation.

What are they quoting at present for base, and will they negotiate, and what are they stating for bonus potential? And who is the DM in the new england area and how are they to work for?

As far as I know, base is 70-80K, non-negotiable. Now, for the women's division, if they are targeting pharma reps, that might sound great with a decent bonus. But, for the oncology division, this salary is very low for experienced oncology reps with relationships, etc.

As far as I know, base is 70-80K, non-negotiable. Now, for the women's division, if they are targeting pharma reps, that might sound great with a decent bonus. But, for the oncology division, this salary is very low for experienced oncology reps with relationships, etc.

Base salary is even lower--70K is the exception. $65-70 is average base.