Layoffs September 2012

You just basically validated my point troll. Look up the article and review as 3500 sales reps is more than we have now in the US. You may want to consider trolling elsewhere until you get your facts straight.

You dumb ass go choke on the kool aid you ignoramus!! Why do you defend the company? Are you that fucked up in the brain??? Look at trend now stupid shit for brains. It states they will layoff 3500 sales reps. We have about 4k left right now. So the trend will be to have a few AZ reps and the rest will be contract. Now go kill yourself, I don't want my children living with dipshits like you.

You dumb ass go choke on the kool aid you ignoramus!! Why do you defend the company? Are you that fucked up in the brain??? Look at trend now stupid shit for brains. It states they will layoff 3500 sales reps. We have about 4k left right now. So the trend will be to have a few AZ reps and the rest will be contract. Now go kill yourself, I don't want my children living with dipshits like you.

Sorry you were let go. Have you told your wife that you are a fag yet?

Sorry you were fired. You are so worked up little troll! Here is the article you are citing incorrectly to create more drama in your life, so go choke on it!

"And so, the drugmaker is, indeed, eliminating thousands more jobs, as reports indicated earlier this week. Where will they be coming from? Well, 3,750 jobs are being slashed from sales and marketing and assorted administrative operations. Another 2,200 positions are being eliminated from R&D and the remaining 1,300 will come from operations, as more supply chain outsourcing takes place".

3500 sales reps....hmmmm....me thinks you need basic math skills.

I'm at HQ not field. I come here once in a while for a laugh. First of all OP was spot on... Whether you believe it or not I cod care less. But the sad thing is that you guys are supposed to represent us to our customers and judging by the absolute level on unprofessional ism displayed here it's no wonder we are in trouble. It's like I'm reading HS boys argue over shit that's way over your heads. No wonder so few of you will ever be invited to take jobs here. You are way too inferior mentally and professionally. So go back to your 100-120k per year field catering jobs (yeah we know) and keep dreaming about someday landing that big HQ job which will never happen.

I'm at HQ not field. I come here once in a while for a laugh. First of all OP was spot on... Whether you believe it or not I cod care less. But the sad thing is that you guys are supposed to represent us to our customers and judging by the absolute level on unprofessional ism displayed here it's no wonder we are in trouble. It's like I'm reading HS boys argue over shit that's way over your heads. No wonder so few of you will ever be invited to take jobs here. You are way too inferior mentally and professionally. So go back to your 100-120k per year field catering jobs (yeah we know) and keep dreaming about someday landing that big HQ job which will never happen.
We heard that they are turning HQ into condos. The last time I was there you could have fired a cannon down the middle and not hit anybody.

You would have to drag me kicking and screaming to move to Delaware. Training was the most boring few weeks of my entire life!! What an awful place to be forced to live!

Other reps are making 100-120K???? Damn! Im getting ripped off, I went to school forever to be a pro-caterererer.

You would have to drag me kicking and screaming to move to Delaware. Training was the most boring few weeks of my entire life!! What an awful place to be forced to live!

Ha! Please you wish you had talent to work at HQ with a Real job making 300k per year oh yeah and be able to afford 2 week vacations in Europe or Tahiti. Keep dreaming

what a loaf...so lonely you had to jump in and play...feeling is this is funny shit from the field. HQ is a half empty refrigerator. food is stale and no one is home.

Brennan should share a prison cell with Madoff. Ultimately, they are doing the same thing and wasting investor dollars by pretending to manage huge sales forces that are nothing substantial than the unicorn.

Pleaseeeee.....Brennan does what rich CEO's do. It is part of the job discription. Get paid and fuck everyone else. I would like that job for a few years then take my money and have a nice life. I ain't mad at him. I want to be like him.

Really - do you care how much your counterpart makes? You just want to make as much as you can.

You just basically validated my point troll. Look up the article and review as 3500 sales reps is more than we have now in the US. You may want to consider trolling elsewhere until you get your facts straight.

That number included this last blood bath, so AZ will likely lose another 2300 worldwide.

Agree, OP is just posting to create a reaction.

BUT.... isn't that really what we are expecting?

And as a shareholder, isn't that what you demand?

Lower cost, same (close to) effort. Unless a new product when was the last time you had a serious discussion with your doctors about ________. I am talking about a full boat s/e, dosing, interactions. As a stock holder I want the full sales force to launch a product then 1 year (or sooner) move product to cornerstone and grow sales via sample and visability at half the cost.

As an AZ employee, hell no. The contract salesforce can't do what we do.

And there are no new products coming in the near future.

So, really, isn't the OP dead on???

I was let go and don't regret a damn thing. Yeah I read the Motley Fool article and it sucks. It was hell, waiting and waiting but now that it's over I have never slept so well. I am ready to accept a great offer from a solid company next week and I am never coming back to pharma. I worked with some good people and to have the rest of you agonize over the next round of layoffs is horrible. Brennan needs to be hung upside down by his balls, esp. since he's gotten outrageous bonuses over the last few years. People start working on your plan B, you and your families deserve better.

This is not true!
DSM here, protecting my people once again. We are completely right sized for the future. Think about it. We just had a major reduction. We are the leaders of the pharmaceutical world! No more layoffs anticipated in 2012 or 2013. Go sell for me!

Come on....The "leaders of the Pharma world"???? Yeah right. AZ sucks. The reorg was a complete disaster. We will "swim in our own lanes". That was BS Rodney!!!! Boehringer Ingelheim seems to be in much better shape than AZ. No one had better profits than them. One other good thing about them is that they hired me after AZ "displaced" me. Their loss, my gain!!!!