Layoffs September 2012

Anonymous

Thought I'd give you my fellow AZ brothers and sisters a heads up. We had a meeting at HQ this last Friday. There will be a major HQ restructuring in September and one announced for field in November which will take place in January 2013. Most field reps will be laid off but about same structure will be kept, more or less, with contract reps. You have about less than a year heads up to get out. At HQ we have much less. Use this time wisely...

Thought I'd give you my fellow AZ brothers and sisters a heads up. We had a meeting at HQ this last Friday. There will be a major HQ restructuring in September and one announced for field in November which will take place in January 2013. Most field reps will be laid off but about same structure will be kept, more or less, with contract reps. You have about less than a year heads up to get out. At HQ we have much less. Use this time wisely...

Announcement right before Thanksgiving is in keeping with the AZ tradition!

I doubt the idiots running the show have that all planned out. After this last f#@k up reorg. we just did, they will more than likely wait until Brennan's ass is gone and they buy some dip shit company for their "what if" pipeline. I mean the last layoff was handled as if they all instantly became insane! They told us that 50% of CNS was gone, and it only came to 18%! DM's were not going to be able to step in a rep position and that has turned out to be a lie.

No, don't think it will be announced until the village idiot know as Brennan leaves.

Brennan should share a prison cell with Madoff. Ultimately, they are doing the same thing and wasting investor dollars by pretending to manage huge sales forces that are nothing substantial than the unicorn.

BS

Agree, OP is just posting to create a reaction.

BUT.... isn't that really what we are expecting?

And as a shareholder, isn't that what you demand?

Lower cost, same (close to) effort. Unless a new product when was the last time you had a serious discussion with your doctors about ________. I am talking about a full boat s/e, dosing, interactions. As a stock holder I want the full sales force to launch a product then 1 year (or sooner) move product to cornerstone and grow sales via sample and visability at half the cost.

As an AZ employee, hell no. The contract salesforce can't do what we do.

And there are no new products coming in the near future.

So, really, isn't the OP dead on???

Can't see keeping the sales force the size it is right now. Has to be a reduction again by the EOY. There would have been to much disruption if it had been done all at once. Most will disagree but CV Speciality and Oncology will be not cut as hard as primary care.

Why were there no cuts to SSLT? Talk about moving people around to new positions that I think they don't even understand. Two VPs of sales and marketing?

Thank you!

I was wondering how long it would take to get a "next round of layoffs" thread up and running.

Now we can begin speculating about when it will happen, how many will be laid off, which TA's will be dissolved, what the severance package will be, and of course the unfairness of it all.

One thing you can be sure of, the information you get here will be just as accurate and reliable as it was last time.

Thank you!

I was wondering how long it would take to get a "next round of layoffs" thread up and running.

Now we can begin speculating about when it will happen, how many will be laid off, which TA's will be dissolved, what the severance package will be, and of course the unfairness of it all.

One thing you can be sure of, the information you get here will be just as accurate and reliable as it was last time.

Yeah keep drinking the AZ kool aid you dumb ass mofo. You keep doing that while the rest of us look for better jobs and you get caught with your short pecker lame ass excuse of a dick and your shorts down to your knees. You dumb ass. How the fuck did you survive this latest round you stupid, inbred imbecile?

This is not true!
DSM here, protecting my people once again. We are completely right sized for the future. Think about it. We just had a major reduction. We are the leaders of the pharmaceutical world! No more layoffs anticipated in 2012 or 2013. Go sell for me!

Hey KOOL-AID!!!

Oh YEAH!

Brennan isn't done cutting and burning. After all that's the only way he hits his benchmarks to continue his lofty bonuses.

Crooked board, Crooked CEO

Clown of the industry!

This is not true!
DSM here, protecting my people once again. We are completely right sized for the future. Think about it. We just had a major reduction. We are the leaders of the pharmaceutical world! No more layoffs anticipated in 2012 or 2013. Go sell for me!

and you say that with tongue in cheek! Sadly, there is more than one delusional DM out there that actually believes it! Yes, there are DM's out there that are that blind and stupid.

Thank you!

That's right. It happened last time, n'est pas?

You stupid ass fool. OP is dead on. I am not at HQ but just go to Bloomberg.com and do your dumb ass a favor and type in AstraZeneca news for February. Brennan announced another 3500 sales rep layoffs. 3500. Last month was it was announced. This is not some shit on CP you dumb fuck but on Bloomberg and from our CEO's mouth. Now what part of that don't you understand? Okay go back to drinking the kool aid and choke on it you faghgot

You stupid ass fool. OP is dead on. I am not at HQ but just go to Bloomberg.com and do your dumb ass a favor and type in AstraZeneca news for February. Brennan announced another 3500 sales rep layoffs. 3500. Last month was it was announced. This is not some shit on CP you dumb fuck but on Bloomberg and from our CEO's mouth. Now what part of that don't you understand? Okay go back to drinking the kool aid and choke on it you faghgot

Dumbass, the figure of 3500 includes all global sales, marketing and admin roles.....not just PSS's based in the US. Another reason to take anything posted on CP with a grain of salt.

Dumbass, the figure of 3500 includes all global sales, marketing and admin roles.....not just PSS's based in the US. Another reason to take anything posted on CP with a grain of salt.

Hmmm dumb ass, go to Bloomberg and read for yourself. They do mention separate figures for admin, r&d etc. 3500 is for sales. You are a dumb fuck

Predicting layoffs at AZ is like predicting the end of the world. Eventually you will be right, its getting the details correct that's a problem (I would add a n'est pas, but that would make me sound like an effete, snobby, pseudo-intellectual show off).

Hmmm dumb ass, go to Bloomberg and read for yourself. They do mention separate figures for admin, r&d etc. 3500 is for sales. You are a dumb fuck

You just basically validated my point troll. Look up the article and review as 3500 sales reps is more than we have now in the US. You may want to consider trolling elsewhere until you get your facts straight.