• Wed news: Medicare $2 generics. Biogen’s high-dose Spinraza. Roche breast cancer trial. Lilly’s unique AI deal. Sage Alzheimer’s fail. See more on our front page

I will be retiring in the near future younger than i hoped

I doubt this.

I bet this is true. I am on the verge of retirement and although I spent more throughout my career than I should have, financially I could have been where he or she is. The unfortunate part is this; the young bucks out there will never see this kind of retirement simply because you won't last. It has nothing to do with how talented you are but it is currently the nature if the business. You live in a revolving door industry and you simply will not be with any of the pharm jobs very long. Gone are the days of setteling into this industry and staying on board until you are ready to retire. Save the money while you can because this may certainly be a temporary job for you, and more than likely, there will be no where for you to go but down. Sorry for such gloom but the track record for employee retention clearly supports my posting.

$3.4 million in paid assets. Out of that less than $200k liquid. 43 years old, never married. Stock market, real estate and collectibles. It doesn't matter if these assets go up or down, you just need to be on the correct side of the trade.

Very soon I will no longer be feeding the office pigs and laughing at the Dr's jokes. 7 years ago I was proud of this job. Now I am embarassed. I no longer tell people I work for pharma. I say I am an investor. I took advantage of ever opportunity to utilize the perks pharma gave me. Company car, free phone, 20 hour work weeks. I was never at the top but never at the bottom.

My life is no longer about efficacy and safety. It is now about freedom!

I love these liars that post this crap. Stats show that only about 3% of the population has a net worth of 1 million dollars or more. To read these boards, you'd think they all come from pharma. Even more amazing is that so many come from Pfizer, a company whose stock hasnt performed well in many years.

I love these liars that post this crap. Stats show that only about 3% of the population has a net worth of 1 million dollars or more. To read these boards, you'd think they all come from pharma. Even more amazing is that so many come from Pfizer, a company whose stock hasnt performed well in many years.

It amazes me that people cannot believe that pharma reps can't be successful in other ventures outsid pharma. If you utilize your Pfizer time and free time correctly it is easy to start a successful business on the side.

I am 46 and in your 3%. Very little of the $2.5 million in assets has to do with Pfizer stock. I made money in the previous company stock that I invested properly. Just because 95% of Pfizer reps are lazy like you does not mean 5% have made proper decisions. If you looked at my investment portfolio it would amaze you what I amassed oN Pfizer time. Keep comparing yourself to your 30 year old counterpart and think you're successful. If you compared yourself to me you would realize how you are wasting time instead of utilizing the most valuable resource - Pfizer time.

It amazes me that people cannot believe that pharma reps can't be successful in other ventures outsid pharma. If you utilize your Pfizer time and free time correctly it is easy to start a successful business on the side.

I am 46 and in your 3%. Very little of the $2.5 million in assets has to do with Pfizer stock. I made money in the previous company stock that I invested properly. Just because 95% of Pfizer reps are lazy like you does not mean 5% have made proper decisions. If you looked at my investment portfolio it would amaze you what I amassed oN Pfizer time. Keep comparing yourself to your 30 year old counterpart and think you're successful. If you compared yourself to me you would realize how you are wasting time instead of utilizing the most valuable resource - Pfizer time.

If you truly have 2.5mill in assets, why dont you cash in and retire. You should be able to make about $175K per year in interest without being too risky. Why work for someone? Life is too short. Use your time exactly the way YOU would like to use it.

If you truly have 2.5mill in assets, why dont you cash in and retire. You should be able to make about $175K per year in interest without being too risky. Why work for someone? Life is too short. Use your time exactly the way YOU would like to use it.

The assets make me about $200k a year before taxes so good guess on $175k. The plan is to leave soon. Very soon. Just easy money to leave Pfizer without reason. Hoping for layoff. No reason to cash in, just carry the income producing asset for the next 15 years and then sell.

The assets make me about $200k a year before taxes so good guess on $175k. The plan is to leave soon. Very soon. Just easy money to leave Pfizer without reason. Hoping for layoff. No reason to cash in, just carry the income producing asset for the next 15 years and then sell.

$200K this year in interest WILL allow your account to build substantially. Good job.
I have about half that, and feel decent about that. Made about 12% so far this year

Jealous because you are 45 with $200,000 in assets and realize you have been lazy. It sucks to be you

Not sure if LAZY is the proper explanation.

If they're 45 and have only $200K in assets, it's likely because they're a dime-store millionaire.
They probably live way over their head, with a $600K home (in the midwest) and an un-godly expensive SUV in the garage. Kids are spoiled as hell and have everything they want.

Not sure if LAZY is the proper explanation.

If they're 45 and have only $200K in assets, it's likely because they're a dime-store millionaire.
They probably live way over their head, with a $600K home (in the midwest) and an un-godly expensive SUV in the garage. Kids are spoiled as hell and have everything they want.

Hey, can't take 2.5m with you! Spend it while you can live it!!

How 'bout leaving it for your kids/loved ones.

Long time lurker here (Pfizer spouse).

Handing it all over to those that did nothing to earn it is one of the worst things that you can do. Read the Book of Ecclesiastes for sage advise on that front. If you're not a believer, then ask anyone that you know that has come across "Trust fund babies". Prepping just outside of a big city and going to a small college with a few of them was proof enough for me. And they really havent changed much in 25 years!

Long time lurker here (Pfizer spouse).

Handing it all over to those that did nothing to earn it is one of the worst things that you can do. Read the Book of Ecclesiastes for sage advise on that front. If you're not a believer, then ask anyone that you know that has come across "Trust fund babies". Prepping just outside of a big city and going to a small college with a few of them was proof enough for me. And they really havent changed much in 25 years!

If you raise your kids right, they will learn to be grateful. That's the issue.

Read Proverbs 13:22 "A good person leaves an inheritance".

If you raise your kids right, they will learn to be grateful. That's the issue.

Read Proverbs 13:22 "A good person leaves an inheritance".

Absolutely correct.
A spoiled, ungrateful person will not handle inherited money well. Remember the prodigal son? Well, also remember his brother ALSO had an inheritance waiting but it did not cause him to live an unrighteous life. Quite the opposite.

Leave an inheritance. It's the right thing to do(if able to) if you love your kids.