• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Hepatitis C Division

Yup, you are the perfect person to explain to Docs why Abbvie's 4 pills are better then Gilliad's 1.

Except, Gilead isn't just one pill for GT1. It is in combination with interferon morons. they will have an all oral regimen, with two drugs, then one pill (a combo)...eventually, still they will have RBV. Read up before you comment, there's a saying in medicine, "you can either sit quietly and look stupid or open your mouth and prove you're stupid."

BTW, Gilead will be approved one pill for GT2, if they get approved for GT3 it because they lobbied the FDA hard. Their data is for shit...in this group. As for GT1, they do not look good in cirrhotics. 1as and null responders plus they have pushed their program forward with 10-25 patients per study arm Thus, they have limited power in studies and they are not showing p values. They are driving to be first to market, but with their speed limited patient exposure, I expect problems when 3000 patients are treated and the drug is approved. Ask Merck and Vertex about what happened to them...they were crushed by French data in cirrhotics--Merck and Vertex did not do their due diligence. Abbvie is strong, join the team, they will do well. NO question. Gilead is a lion with a loud roar...but that also makes them a target not a dark horse.

Except, Gilead isn't just one pill for GT1. It is in combination with interferon morons. they will have an all oral regimen, with two drugs, then one pill (a combo)...eventually, still they will have RBV. Read up before you comment, there's a saying in medicine, "you can either sit quietly and look stupid or open your mouth and prove you're stupid."

BTW, Gilead will be approved one pill for GT2, if they get approved for GT3 it because they lobbied the FDA hard. Their data is for shit...in this group. As for GT1, they do not look good in cirrhotics. 1as and null responders plus they have pushed their program forward with 10-25 patients per study arm Thus, they have limited power in studies and they are not showing p values. They are driving to be first to market, but with their speed limited patient exposure, I expect problems when 3000 patients are treated and the drug is approved. Ask Merck and Vertex about what happened to them...they were crushed by French data in cirrhotics--Merck and Vertex did not do their due diligence. Abbvie is strong, join the team, they will do well. NO question. Gilead is a lion with a loud roar...but that also makes them a target not a dark horse.

I think we should partner with Vertex, they are the leaders in Hep C. If we want this drug to do well, we need guidance from the experts.

Yes except docs I've talked to have no respect for vertex after they minimized their SAEs. I don't need their stink on me right out of the gate

Not true. I've seen their selling pieces. They have pictures of their rash and side effects and how to treat them. I think those reps would be an asset to the company in the fight against Gilead.

Not true. I've seen their selling pieces. They have pictures of their rash and side effects and how to treat them. I think those reps would be an asset to the company in the fight against Gilead.

LMAO yeah bet you have seen them since you are one of the desparate vertex reps soon to be out of work right?

why not... they will have the first all oral out for G1 (Headstart). Have much better managed care management then our friends at GILD and anybody can deal with anything for 12 weeks. I say its anybody's game. What say yee now? I also work at neither.

Hey all you negative idiots. If you don't believe in our company than pack your bags and leave! We are all tired of the minority of employees who constantly whine and cry! Take your sorry a>>es and hit the door jack!! You make me want to VOMIT!

Hey all you negative idiots. If you don't believe in our company than pack your bags and leave! We are all tired of the minority of employees who constantly whine and cry! Take your sorry a>>es and hit the door jack!! You make me want to VOMIT!

If negativity at AbbVie makes you vomit, especially since you claim this is a minority, then ( as opposed to "than" ) you are feeling threatened. Please call the company therapy hotline and let it all out there. Please refrain from trying to push people out because you do not agree with their opinions. It is very close minded. Not a good thing for a company involved in scientific dialogue and research.

If negativity at AbbVie makes you vomit, especially since you claim this is a minority, then ( as opposed to "than" ) you are feeling threatened. Please call the company therapy hotline and let it all out there. Please refrain from trying to push people out because you do not agree with their opinions. It is very close minded. Not a good thing for a company involved in scientific dialogue and research.

Outstanding I am glad your with the company.

I think we should partner with Vertex, they are the leaders in Hep C. If we want this drug to do well, we need guidance from the experts.

You don't know crap about HCV. Genentech is still the leader (try 85% share for INF), even though they only have another year. Vertex would not be in the game without Pegasys. Merck never got off the ground. Gilead will struggle if they don't get their pricing and contracts in place and Janssen might get a little business initially.