• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

AbbVie Takes Hit After Expectations for Hepatitis C Treatment Disappoint

Louie is already riding the managers to put pressure on our reps. What do you think Chicago was all about!! It is only going to get worse! Field sales will take the brunt of the pressure...not the real problem, Louie, Jeff and Lutz.

Our Manager wasn't too happy having to fly into Chicago on a Sunday but I guess that explains why.

As I read this page and others here. In a way reps, managers, Sr. management, medica, executives etc made there own bed. You knew what the formulation was going to look like. You knew what the data was. You knew the competition etc. What happened to making sound career decisions. Clearly joining HCV was not a wise decision. Whe you look for anew job really look at the details. Many of you have been around the block you should have known better.

What killed VPak was the results ofthe PEARL-IV trial. They expected treatment experienced 1a patiets to need RBV but they did not expect the naives to need it. When that happened we were screwed with a 10 pill QD/BID regimen. And of course no one expected all of our 1a cirrhotics to need 24 weeks. The whole double asterisk thing in 1a cirrhotics is complete BS. There are hardly enough patients in the relapser and partial responder groups to make any statistical difference (so how reliable is the data) and the naive 12 week arm has 3 times more relapers than the 24 week naive arm.

Well - everyone out in the field better get their best acting skills ready to go because you will have to grovel and beg and look like a complete idiot! We will get pressure like you've never experienced before in order to show there is a shred of demand for VPak. This will be a challenge to keep a straight face and maintain your dignity. We will have endless field travels from Sr. management and constant hounding from managed care and they will use the reps as the excuse for why they cannot get a contract with local plans. I often have to just laugh it off and chalk it up to Abbvie doing the same crappy maneuvers they've used in the past. Oh boy what a knarley ride ahead! Sooo not looking forward to it!

Well - everyone out in the field better get their best acting skills ready to go because you will have to grovel and beg and look like a complete idiot! We will get pressure like you've never experienced before in order to show there is a shred of demand for VPak. This will be a challenge to keep a straight face and maintain your dignity. We will have endless field travels from Sr. management and constant hounding from managed care and they will use the reps as the excuse for why they cannot get a contract with local plans. I often have to just laugh it off and chalk it up to Abbvie doing the same crappy maneuvers they've used in the past. Oh boy what a knarley ride ahead! Sooo not looking forward to it!

I talked to Veepak yesterday. He said is now Vice President at Greenwell Electronics.

Buzz off.

You have now witnessed 3 bad decisions. Bringing VPak to market, the ESI deal and Seattle throwing the ball on one yard line!

Not bring VPak to the market would have sent AbbVie stock into a free fall. Bring it to the market gave upper managment an extra nine months to a year to figure out something to mitigate this disaster.

You have now witnessed 3 bad decisions. Bringing VPak to market, the ESI deal and Seattle throwing the ball on one yard line!

Not bringing VPak to the market would have sent AbbVie stock into a free fall. Bringing it to the market gave upper managment an extra nine months to a year to figure out something to mitigate this disaster.

Not bringing VPak to the market would have sent AbbVie stock into a free fall. Bringing it to the market gave upper managment an extra nine months to a year to figure out something to mitigate this disaster.

True. In 9 months, we can recoup some $$ but not as much as we planned. Some is better than none.

Would Miles have permitted V Pak to come to the market 6 months post-Harvoni launch? NO
Would Miles have permitted 9 of the 10 big PBMs to say screw you V Pak? NO
Would Miles have chosen the Three Stooges to lead a HCV launch? NO
Would Miles have lost $1.5 Billion to a failed Shire deal? NO

So Ricky y'all better go back to school! I hope the Board fries his butt!!!

Would Miles have permitted V Pak to come to the market 6 months post-Harvoni launch? NO
Would Miles have permitted 9 of the 10 big PBMs to say screw you V Pak? NO
Would Miles have chosen the Three Stooges to lead a HCV launch? NO
Would Miles have lost $1.5 Billion to a failed Shire deal? NO

So Ricky y'all better go back to school! I hope the Board fries his butt!!!

RG was hand picked by Miles to lead Abbvie.