• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Hepatitis C Division

<

When is Abbvie going to start building the HCV salesforce?

They are already targeting experienced HCV reps from Roche, Vertex, and ex-Schering. My DM said not to bother to interview in that HCV selling experience is a REQUIREMENT. Even the HIV reps will not be given consideration. The sales force will be small ~125 reps max.

They are already targeting experienced HCV reps from Roche, Vertex, and ex-Schering. My DM said not to bother to interview in that HCV selling experience is a REQUIREMENT. Even the HIV reps will not be given consideration. The sales force will be small ~125 reps max.

WRONG! The initial sales team will include about 70 reps. The full team will include 200+ reps and ramp up next spring. HCV will have a 5-7 year window until the disease gets largely eradicated, so they'll build a big team for the mad dash to the end. HIV and Gastro reps will have an opportunity. I'd say roughly 30-40% of the sales force WILL come from internal (non Hep C) hires, mostly HIV and Gastro, with a few others sprinkled in.

WRONG! The initial sales team will include about 70 reps. The full team will include 200+ reps and ramp up next spring. HCV will have a 5-7 year window until the disease gets largely eradicated, so they'll build a big team for the mad dash to the end. HIV and Gastro reps will have an opportunity. I'd say roughly 30-40% of the sales force WILL come from internal (non Hep C) hires, mostly HIV and Gastro, with a few others sprinkled in.

WRONG! Headhunters are already recruiting from Roche and Vertex! You are right about the window of time and that is why the GM is REQUIRING HCV EXPERIENCE! My DM has inroads at HQ.

WRONG! Headhunters are already recruiting from Roche and Vertex! You are right about the window of time and that is why the GM is REQUIRING HCV EXPERIENCE! My DM has inroads at HQ.

Your DM has inroads? Are you kidding me? My neighbors, cousins, cat once told me...everyone has ties to the Park. Many of us have spent time there.

I believe the name reflects the principals first letter of last name. I was also told by my DM that the HIV treaters are not the HCV docs. Therefore, HIV experience has no value to the new division. Maybe Gilead will hire you for HCV.

I believe the name reflects the principals first letter of last name. I was also told by my DM that the HIV treaters are not the HCV docs. Therefore, HIV experience has no value to the new division. Maybe Gilead will hire you for HCV.

Not true. HIV treaters, largely ID docs, currently treat roughly 5-10% of HCV patients. That is rapidly shifting a bit. As GI's recognize that they'll make less money once the injectable component is removed, those patients are forced to their ID docs. Their estimateing that ID's will treat 30% of HCV patients moving forward. Additionally, somewhere between 20-30% of HIV patients are co-infected with both.

"...rapidly shifting a bit..."?

I have been out of pharma for 4 days, but that is fucked up. HCV is one liver away from never seeing the market. Remember the "pain" franchise.

I would not get my hopes up.

2 pumps

"...rapidly shifting a bit..."?

I have been out of pharma for 4 days, but that is fucked up. HCV is one liver away from never seeing the market. Remember the "pain" franchise.

I would not get my hopes up.

2 pumps

Could be right. But someone, us, Gilead or BMS, is going to make it to market and it WILL change the face of HepC.

Not true. HIV treaters, largely ID docs, currently treat roughly 5-10% of HCV patients. That is rapidly shifting a bit. As GI's recognize that they'll make less money once the injectable component is removed, those patients are forced to their ID docs. Their estimateing that ID's will treat 30% of HCV patients moving forward. Additionally, somewhere between 20-30% of HIV patients are co-infected with both.

Not sure where you get your HCV knowledge, but GI's do not make money on injectables, or anything else associated with HCV.

Your average GI does not treat HCV!! It is the hematologist and they treat over 90% of HCV patients. That is why Abbvie is looking for experienced HCV reps from Roche and Vertex. Nice salary packages are being offered!

Not sure where you get your HCV knowledge, but GI's do not make money on injectables, or anything else associated with HCV.

Gee, I dont know, I work in HCV and I've been contacted to interview with you company. The lack of knowledge is amazing considering everyone on this blog claims to know, or know someone who knows. The poster who mentioned HIV docs future involvement seems to be the only one even slightly aware.

It's pharma! No selling is involved. Contracting is king here. Reps are just bagel delivery gals and boys. Call MEI and schedule a program! Enter all the names and be quickl about it.

Offers will be in 85 range, which is ridiculous! Bonus will be inline with Humira. Maybe $8500 at target/quarter. No one will make more than the average Humira rep for RA. No need to piss those princesses off! They barely work already.

This ain't Zithromax nor Tricor, but a cure and with three and maybe more competitors - you are looking at eradication before patent end.

Imagine being laid off before LOE? Wow, now that will be interesting.