• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

Anyone else feel good about Mark Booth getting the can and a TAP guy taking over?

I liked what I saw of Mark and don't know the other guy but people who worked with him in the past say good things. It's just too bad Mark ended up getting the boot, although I'm sure his severance is pretty comfy...

Hey moron-here is a tip. First leave Takeda as soon as possible. Secondly if you can find someone stupid enough to hire you check the website and see who is on the exec team. Good luck-you need it.

Hey moron-here is a tip. First leave Takeda as soon as possible. Secondly if you can find someone stupid enough to hire you check the website and see who is on the exec team. Good luck-you need it.

A little testy Mark about getting canned? Losing your suck up abilities? Moron, incoming exec team members would not be on website. You and your peons were stupid enough to hire me HA!

Ok. Here's my question about Mark Booth. Was he really the one responsible for the Abraham Lincoln/Beaver commercials? Is this why he was shown the door? And, more importantly, did anyone get the commercial? Even knowing how Rozerem works, I still don't understand how the commercial related to the product. Let's face it, how were consumers supposed to react to this ad? Why would Abraham Lincoln talk to a cartoon beaver anyway? Don't you think Lincoln would have more important things to do? And what does a beaver have to do with sleeping anyway? And the astronaut/deeps sea diver???

Did anyone ever take Rozerem as a result of this advertising campaign?

Hey, is Mark Booth related to, um, John Wilkes Booth?

"Busy as a beaver" meant that you didn't get much sleep...please don't mention any female reps!
Also Lincoln was known for always working and not getting much sleep thus the need for both of them to have Rozerem.
Although I don't think it was the stupid ad campaign as much as it was the lousy drug that did the product in. Spending more on advertising than the product brings in doesn't say a lot for that product!

"Busy as a beaver" meant that you didn't get much sleep...please don't mention any female reps!
Also Lincoln was known for always working and not getting much sleep thus the need for both of them to have Rozerem.
Although I don't think it was the stupid ad campaign as much as it was the lousy drug that did the product in. Spending more on advertising than the product brings in doesn't say a lot for that product!

That fact you have to explain the ad like it was some inside joke proves that it was one of the worst drug ad campaigns ever. Crappy drugs sell ok with the kind of ad dollars we pumped into rozerem. Who knows if Mark had anything to do with it but someone deserved to be fired for that miserable excuse of an ad

First, let me say that I thought the ads were clever and smart. I heard nothing but positive comments about them from friends outside the industry. Second, while I'm sure Mark ultimately approved the ads, we must give "credit" to Dim Rudolphi for every aspect of this ill fated ad campaign. Market segmentation, branding, etc all go to Dim. Apparently, in the new organization, failure is a resume-builder, thus Dim's promotion to VP. I wonder who they ruled out for VP?

Is it true that Tim was also responsible for Tropicana stupidly changing their packaging to look like a generic OJ? Now that it all hit the fan and they are going to back to their old packaging Tim better be careful. He survived recommending New Coke back in the 80's and his decision to limit ACTOS safety studies in the 90's and who can forget his idea of taking our ten to two Tuesday and Thursday ACTOS reps and giving them not one but two partners a few years back. Those were some tough times for Tim, but he seems to have emerged nicely.