• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

What now Myriad Labs???

Anonymous

Today's Wall Street Journal reports that the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit has overturned the recent judgment that Myriad could not patent the BRCA 1 and 2 genes, basing its analysis on molecules rather than the DNA contained in the genes. The case is very likely to go to the Supreme Court.

<

Today's Wall Street Journal reports that the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit has overturned the recent judgment that Myriad could not patent the BRCA 1 and 2 genes, basing its analysis on molecules rather than the DNA contained in the genes. The case is very likely to go to the Supreme Court.

They have appealed the ruling. Will be interesting to see what happens. I canot imagine they will win. How they got this far charging huge sums of money for what people already own is beyond me!!

How do people like working for Myriad? I saw a job opening. Heard there's no benefits.. Is this true? Don't have to have the pharma spread (car, etc.) but do need health insurance/401K! Sounds like an interesting job!