Welcome to the Novartis Board

YES, THEY DO ALESS THAN THORUGH BACKGROUND CHECK. LET ME GIVE YOU APROME EXAMLE, I AM A DM FO NOVARTIS. I LIED OFF MY ASS THAT I WAS A DM WITH MY PRIOR COMPANY. I WAS NEVER A DM BEFORE, BUT THEY COULDN'T FIND THIS OUT. ITHEY GAVE ME A $50K PAY RAISE.

WHAT A BUNCH OF DUMBSHITS NOVARTIS RDS AREA

Novartis is the GESTAPO of the pharma industry. If you don't believe Big Brother is watching then come to work for Novartis. I have over 30 years of pharma experience some as a district manager, trainer, and temporary Regional Director. To progress with this company- it is simple-produce sales and kiss ass. Only agree with ideas from sales leadership and never push back. This is no different than any other major company. It is not what you know aor do, more o it is who you blow or screw or screwover. To be a manager, you have to exemplify the tought minded mindset. Manage by position power, intimidate those you can and bullshit those you can't. Promise promotions or leveling, then stall and say "Well based on performance, I really can't justify recommending you for this or that. Inspect what you expect-Also called Theory X management. Everyone below your level is a lazy demotivated person that needs a regular kick in the ass. Create lots of spread sheets and have those below you fill in all the data and send to you. That makes you look good to your manager. Check to see when reps put their first call in the computer. Check to see when the last call is entered into the computer. Check every item on an expense report and ask your underlings to explain anything that is not itemized. Although the IRS only requires receipts for items over $25, as a manager you can require receipts for everything. Wow! Can you feel the power surging thru your veins. On field trips, be a detective before you work with them. Find out what they are doing wrong befoe the trip. Then you can just bullshit on the field visit and then write them up for all the things they do wrong and develop an improvement plan. That is the job of management to eliminate the positive and accentuate the negative. Then as the all knowibng powerful manager, you can create the action plans to turn the other persons performance around. Now fully expect the manager/director/vice-president above you to apply the same principles to you.

Don't judge the whole company by a few knucle head reps. you sound like a whiny bitch! In all my yaers in the industry anybody who is selling like you describe makes my job all that much easier. Just quit your bitchin and do your job!

Re: 30 year vet

Hey, was your first company car a covered wagon ? You sound like a little kid. It also sounds like you have had some really horrible DMs and RDs. Just wake up, do your job, get the sales results ethically and professionally and quit crying. If you were so good as an rd or DM you'd still be doing it. Sounds like you need to retire!

When you say landfill, do you mean your house? I've had the same manager for 5 years and we've been district of the year in the past, but have not been for the past 3 years. I still have fun and finish in top 1/3 of region and my boss is still cool. It sounds like you have a really shitty manager. If you are so unhappy, go work for forest or Sankyo and sell Benicar ya whiner. Hey, isn't the grass always greener somewhere else? You'll just end up bitching on some other companies board. Maybe you should go be a teacher or something else less stressfull.

Right on! All old bitchy whiner reps go work at Walmart. Hey old guy, when's the last time your bottom feeding ass asked for the business? When you actually add value to a physicans practice you can gain a committment to act.

Why would you go work for Merck? Zocor's going generic and they have very little else to sell. Don't listen to all these bottom feeders out there, Novartis isn't a bad company to work for. Any rep I talk to from any other company always has some shitty thing to say about the one they're with. Form your own opinions on things. I worked for Novartis, my sales numbers are solid, and I do what I want when I want. This is a sales job, do your job and your manager will leave your ass alone.

I must be one of the two then gay boy. I've been with Novartis for over 7 years, I work hard, I play hard and I have a life too. You can keep leaving companies and follow the "grass is always greener" theory or just take what you have and make it work for you. I bet I could talk to 10 reps that left Novartis and only 2 of them are happier now. Glad you left Takeda boy. What's the matter, couldn't sell more than one product at a time?

i like to thank all the whiners that have posted on this site. I have fun blasting back at all of your silly comments. After all of your bitching, I'm just glad i don't have your sorry asses as counterparts. Listening to you makes all of the challenges I face on a daily basis as a rep with out bitching, seem like nothing at all. Hey Gestapo boy, go drive your covered wagon off a cliff and save novartis the touble of firing your sorry, old and obviously underperforming ass.

I am getting ready to have my first interview with Novartis. I have been told that 3 DM's will be there. Can anyone tell me how many interviews I might have before I could get a job offer? And also what is a typical starting salary for a new sales rep?

I, too, just applied to Novartis, and I've heard that the comp plan and evaluation system is now focused 75% on growth and 25% on market share. As I understand the current situation from my potential counterpart (referring employee), this has caused some districts to become victims of their own success because they dominate market share in this area and have little room for growth. Hence, this district has moved from top 20% to bottom 20% since July 2005. Can anyone confirm this change? And if so, what thoughts do any of you have about how a person who is new to the industry should handle this situation to get back on top?

Thanks in advance for the help.

They should go after the fools that lose the bids on the formulary contracts and quit blaming the reps. I don't care how good a drug is. If insurance doesn't cover it who will write it?

To the last posters comment about insurance.....BINGO! You just hit the nail on the head....In just a few words too. Absolutely....they should can half the RAMs that can't seem to get our products on formulary.