Some layoff now, more starting Q1/2021. My HR friend said get ready.

I heard a similar conversation too. Not from HR but in one meeting my Manager said something on those lines. More layoffs are coming

My guess. They will wait until near end of April. Give the WARN and say sayonara for end of Q2. I would think CBD's and DSM's may have some input (unlike this past one), I may be wrong. Best get those Breztri and Farxiga scripts movin'.

Yes, Oncology does work/not work differently. There has been zero access here for years. I’ve been in oncology for for years. Basically if I do get an appointment which is rare I will invite my teammates. On average I work approximately 10 hours per week. Yes, that was prior to Covid. I just simply leave literature for the healthcare providers. It is a huge paying job with little to no satisfaction. One big fat lie daily.

BS. Even if access in your territory was that bad and you are only working 10 hours a week, yiu wouldn't be posting about it and bragging here. This counds more like a jealous primary care rep or corporate person trying to imply oncologyvdoes nothing.

In normal times, I have good access to the majority of my accounts and travel 40-50% of the time. Access may differ by area but I'm calling BS on this post.

BS. Even if access in your territory was that bad and you are only working 10 hours a week, yiu wouldn't be posting about it and bragging here. This counds more like a jealous primary care rep or corporate person trying to imply oncologyvdoes nothing.

In normal times, I have good access to the majority of my accounts and travel 40-50% of the time. Access may differ by area but I'm calling BS on this post.
Hahahahaha The "GOOD ACCESS" ploy soooooo subjective. Read I can wave to my Oncologist HCP and say hello, this = GOOD ACCESS!

Now that we are buying Alexion, the cuts will be coming from them...

I read an article that said the Alexion employees will retain current salaries for a year after the deal closes plus these are rare disease products. We know how AZ idolizes reps outside the company, as if they bring something unique to the table. If they do cut it won't be many IMO. Now administrative and manufacturing staff could be a different story.

I read an article that said the Alexion employees will retain current salaries for a year after the deal closes plus these are rare disease products. We know how AZ idolizes reps outside the company, as if they bring something unique to the table. If they do cut it won't be many IMO. Now administrative and manufacturing staff could be a different story.
I watched the live conference call on Saturday, and there was mention that the headquarters in Boston plus manufacturing, R&D, and internal staff will be consolidated at some point in time, the deal should be finalized by Q-3 2021. Most analysts seem to like this merger, much more than the Gilead rumor.

Have your plan B across all divisions...there has to be more cost cutting to finance the acquisition of Alexion. 38 plus billion is not chump change even for AZ. Shareholders and board members to make happy.