Salient Surgical Technologies

So based on your return on stock profile for people having 20000 shares it does not look too good. Kyphon went public and everyone made bank. I know going public is risky, but with a great plan you can fabricate large sums of money. Look at Mako. They lose 94000000 a quarter and their stock it aroud 34.00 a share. That is real!!!! It is a shame Salient did not have enough confidence to to that. I do not work for Salient, but from reading these post one can see the end result. There seems to be so many outstanding shares, good gracious. I hope everyone that started early does well. Good luck!!!

So based on your return on stock profile for people having 20000 shares it does not look too good. Kyphon went public and everyone made bank. I know going public is risky, but with a great plan you can fabricate large sums of money. Look at Mako. They lose 94000000 a quarter and their stock it aroud 34.00 a share. That is real!!!! It is a shame Salient did not have enough confidence to to that. I do not work for Salient, but from reading these post one can see the end result. There seems to be so many outstanding shares, good gracious. I hope everyone that started early does well. Good luck!!!

How much did people make on the kyphon deal? Examples? Keep in mind though that was a company killing it in the space they play in and it was a 4 billion dollar deal! That is some serious cheese! Not that 500 million is chump change but you cant compare the two.

How much did people make on the kyphon deal? Examples? Keep in mind though that was a company killing it in the space they play in and it was a 4 billion dollar deal! That is some serious cheese! Not that 500 million is chump change but you cant compare the two.

All true! Kyphon went public and that is the big difference. They were also a successful public company with many stock splits. I do not know one person from the origonal starting crew that did not create millions of dollars from the deal. I worked with a guy who came over from them later in the game and he made more off of his stock than his salary. Many people cashed out way before the medtronic purchase and took several years off to reflect back on what happened. Getting bought may have some good benefits for the top tear, but if you can go public and make it everyone wins. The price is the price and no one gets it all at the top.

Why are there three positions open in Los Angeles right? Tarma Star keeps calling me. I hate her. The Los Angeles Evan is a complete d bag. I would never work for him. He is always picking his nose. I love seeing him in my accounts. They all hate him. My accounts laugh when Salient trys to sale to them. What a joke of a product at $500 each. Good luck increasing your territory by $200,000 or 100% in one year. Impossible!!!!!

All true! Kyphon went public and that is the big difference. They were also a successful public company with many stock splits. I do not know one person from the origonal starting crew that did not create millions of dollars from the deal. I worked with a guy who came over from them later in the game and he made more off of his stock than his salary. Many people cashed out way before the medtronic purchase and took several years off to reflect back on what happened. Getting bought may have some good benefits for the top tear, but if you can go public and make it everyone wins. The price is the price and no one gets it all at the top.

Anyone upset about this needs to know that an IPO was not going to happen. The '08 IPO was pulled due to market conditions but few know what the response to that IPO was. I have to imagine that if it was relatively strong they might have tried it again. I suspect that JA and the board knew that this was the best option. Getting purchased at 5x sales is nothing to sneeze at. With that said, I eagerly await finding out where between $0.01 and $4.00 our share value lies.

anyone have more than 50k worth of shares other than execs? avg sales rep shares are all over the board - i think.

move stock to a taxable account or rollover IRA? unsure yet but it may not be a big deal if we get penny-valued stocks. doubt that will be the case - i think everyone will get a fair chunk of change even though many deserve a bit more.

best to pretend like this is not even happening and let it fly - whatever you get is a great christmas bonus. technically it's free money (sweat equity counts but it's a zero $$ investment). think of the alternative: zero

anyone have more than 50k worth of shares other than execs? avg sales rep shares are all over the board - i think.

move stock to a taxable account or rollover IRA? unsure yet but it may not be a big deal if we get penny-valued stocks. doubt that will be the case - i think everyone will get a fair chunk of change even though many deserve a bit more.

best to pretend like this is not even happening and let it fly - whatever you get is a great christmas bonus. technically it's free money (sweat equity counts but it's a zero $$ investment). think of the alternative: zero

Best way to look at it. If anyone was thinking that this was the road to financial freedom, they're guilty of gullibility, clinically insane levels of optimism or both. No doubt that over-promising was going on, no one other than C-level really gets PAID in these things. Just the way it goes.

well i really hope all the kiss ass people get screwed for being up guy and joe and dereks ass. bunch of blowhards. running to these people when someone screws up. well if they were properly trained it would make a difference. all line leads are a bunch of 2 faced assholes. so what is to be expected look at there supervisors. mr dick himself . the one who helped close down disetronics. thats why jack got out he knew what was coming and he was going to be out of a job when the new company took ove. i work upstairs and know whats up. so get your asses in gear and find new jobs or youll be out of one sooner than you think.

Anyone upset about this needs to know that an IPO was not going to happen. The '08 IPO was pulled due to market conditions but few know what the response to that IPO was. I have to imagine that if it was relatively strong they might have tried it again. I suspect that JA and the board knew that this was the best option. Getting purchased at 5x sales is nothing to sneeze at. With that said, I eagerly await finding out where between $0.01 and $4.00 our share value lies.

I agree with your logic. If the demand was present going public would have been the best move. Obviously in 2008 they got their answer. I hate to admit this, but you sound just like a man from Memphis, TN. I do like your last concept, 0.01 to 4.00 a share. It will be somewhere between that number. One month to go and the answer will be clear. What a ride though. 6 management changes and a revolving salesman door. Who knew????

got the official return call when the letter explaining the share value was not delivered by 7/25. The story is that the lawyers could not get medtronics approval in time and it will probably be another 10 business days before that is all final. So for those of you like me, with shares, but no knowledge of their value, just hold tight, cross your fingers and hope the value comes in closer to $4 than 0.01... We can always pray....

and you thought this was a good company to work for. did they even tell people they were in process of selling or did they wait till after the fact because they knew people would read it in the newspaper. you wasted your money buying their foolish shares you are going to get screwed AGAIN.. WHAT ELSE IS NEW THATS HOW JOE ARMY WORKS ASK ME I WORK CLOSELY WITH HIM.

and you thought this was a good company to work for. did they even tell people they were in process of selling or did they wait till after the fact because they knew people would read it in the newspaper. you wasted your money buying their foolish shares you are going to get screwed AGAIN.. WHAT ELSE IS NEW THATS HOW JOE ARMY WORKS ASK ME I WORK CLOSELY WITH HIM.

Companies rarely, if ever, tell their employees that they are in the process of M&A. To have this expectation is highly unrealistic. I won't argue against the notion top management is self-interested and creates a system that disproportionately rewards them but if you thought that JA or anyone was going to tell the average employee that they were being shopped, you were misguided or misled.

Companies rarely, if ever, tell their employees that they are in the process of M&A. To have this expectation is highly unrealistic. I won't argue against the notion top management is self-interested and creates a system that disproportionately rewards them but if you thought that JA or anyone was going to tell the average employee that they were being shopped, you were misguided or misled.

Seriously, if you are with a company this size (...like IRhythm was, like Angioscore is...) don't you work under the assumption you're always being shopped? Particularly if an '08 IPO was attempted - that right there tells you that someone in a position of authority is itching to cash out.

As far as the employees being kept in the dark, alot of that is based on the laws surrounding M&A's.

The share value package came out today. Looks like anyone owning shares will be getting $4.08. Better than anticipated, but could have been a little higher in a perfect world. Good luck to all.

joe army is the biggest liar and looser there is. he gets all this money and doesnt even pay his people decent. says everyone will get 100 percent and that wasnt true so wait till the shares come thru another lie as usual.