Salient Surgical Technologies

Agreed, take the job and get into the medical field. All kinds of great opportunities will come from it. They have accounts every where now. What is going down today. There is a lot of buzz about Salient out there. Everyone will know by the end of the day today!!!!

Very true, if any!! Now, the big question is who will see any of the money. The A shares get paid first of course, but what will be left for the options everyone is drooling over. Very curious why there is not a definite answer on that part of the equation. Some of us have over 60,000 shares and it would be a huge let down to only walk away with 50,000 after taxes and strike price. Any thoughts on what will happen. I am sure some of you have been through this before.

Thanks

i knew they would sell out. maybe you will see the changes that are going to be made. going to be a very big turn over in help. hopefully people wont go there to work. its a crappy place to work anyways

Two rounds ago would have been great. I guess the stock was extremely diluted. Well, now we work for MDT. Not that bad. I am anxious for the final result to what the option share price will be.

well they get all this money and still cant pay their help decent money. but now these people work for mdt. is joe army still ceo or did he make enough money to retire and buy his new boat. campany sucks anyways.

I think many are wondering that. It's not often that a startup receives that amount of funding and provides that many options to that many people. The payday ain't gonna be great but something is better than nothing and it's always good to have a success story on the resume. The founders were long-time MDT employees and the culture was pretty good. Getting bought by MDT is a lot better than getting snatched up by BSX or JNJ.

That is the scary part. No solid news yet on the stock price. That is a little concerning. Rumors are around 4.00 per share. Salient is always optimistic and then reality shows its face. I had such high hopes and now only the rich get richer. Diluted stocks are not good. Having to sell the company at a discount in order to keep the unit together is a good thing I guess. We should have gone public and taken advantage of the 30 percent growth per quarter over the last three years. Ugh!!!

That is the scary part. No solid news yet on the stock price. That is a little concerning. Rumors are around 4.00 per share. Salient is always optimistic and then reality shows its face. I had such high hopes and now only the rich get richer. Diluted stocks are not good. Having to sell the company at a discount in order to keep the unit together is a good thing I guess. We should have gone public and taken advantage of the 30 percent growth per quarter over the last three years. Ugh!!!

30% growth per quarter! yeah in your bra. is there anybody in the northeast using this device that is NOT paid to use it? Huge score having MDT buy you guys. It always made sense being that they had so much invested in the company to begin with. In the end this is still a bovie on steriods that adds to the cost of the surgery.

List some surgeons who are not on the payroll then we can talk.

True, no one will know for sure about the 30% growth, but that is what Joe released to us every quarter. The business was getting flat and there was not enough money to complete the Aquamantys 3 platform. Going public could have killed the company value due to the real books being open for discussion. No matter how you feel about the company we were purchased by MDT and the rich got richer. It could turn out as bad as Kyphon did, but who knows. Lets see how they manipulate our options. Class A stock first as usual in a buyout!!! Going public would have made the playing field equal at least. Obviously, there was some concern on the return. Voila, medtronic gets company at a Walmart shopping price. I guess we will find our Friday!