Salient Surgical Technologies

The technology works, but doesn't benefit every patient/surgeon from a cost/benefit perspective. That said, it has it's place in the OR

As for 80% making less than 130....dead wrong. 140 is plan & I'd guess 60-65% of the company is there or above.

The technology works, but doesn't benefit every patient/surgeon from a cost/benefit perspective. That said, it has it's place in the OR

As for 80% making less than 130....dead wrong. 140 is plan & I'd guess 60-65% of the company is there or above.

Are you a recruiter?

It sounds like close to 70-80 percent of the sales force were not at plan (the company controls the quota issued) so if reps don't make plan they don't make 140k (and when reps are issued a very unrealistic quota they don't make plan)

An at plan number means nothing, as the company can issue a quota based off of last years number, raise the quota (and growth percentage, to lets say, 30 percent, really realistic right?) so most reps miss the quota issued and the company saves money.

Yayyyy.

thats why true sales companies base their comp pay out from dollar one of sales, i.e. 9% commission on a 1.75 million dollar territory pays the rep $157,500 for the year.

Thats to straight forward though for many companies today.

Are you a recruiter?

It sounds like close to 70-80 percent of the sales force were not at plan (the company controls the quota issued) so if reps don't make plan they don't make 140k (and when reps are issued a very unrealistic quota they don't make plan)

An at plan number means nothing, as the company can issue a quota based off of last years number, raise the quota (and growth percentage, to lets say, 30 percent, really realistic right?) so most reps miss the quota issued and the company saves money.

Yayyyy.

thats why true sales companies base their comp pay out from dollar one of sales, i.e. 9% commission on a 1.75 million dollar territory pays the rep $157,500 for the year.

Thats to straight forward though for many companies today.

Wow, you'd prefer to be paid from dollar one? No kidding. Very few disposables companies will do this however since they don't want to pay on old business (right or wrong) that new reps won't impact.

And no, I'm not a recruiter, I work for Salient and the comp plan has been great for me. The idea that 80% of the company isn't hitting plan is completely ridiculous & our comp plan "resets" quarterly so you can never fall into too big of hole.

That said, so much of sales is being in the right place at the right time. I can see how reps in certain markets would have a hard time. Then again, how do you think implant reps do in "new territories with lots of opportunity"? Once their 6 month guarantee is over, so are they.

No idea what you are talking about. We value Dr McShane and his feedback.

Hey Junior..........When people say "I have no idea what you are talking about," it translates into - I know exactly what you are talking about, but please don't press the issue because I am a complete Loser/fag and I will crack under pressure!!

Hey Junior..........When people say "I have no idea what you are talking about," it translates into - I know exactly what you are talking about, but please don't press the issue because I am a complete Loser/fag and I will crack under pressure!!

But 9 times out of 10 you find the one thing that really matters. So in order to achieve greatness, you need to find the golden nugget. And when you do, then it is so satisfying. Why all the name calling? Not really PC?

Are you threatened by masculinity?

But 9 times out of 10 you find the one thing that really matters. So in order to achieve greatness, you need to find the golden nugget. And when you do, then it is so satisfying. Why all the name calling? Not really PC?

Are you threatened by masculinity?

What the f*&% are you talking about? Who is Junior?

PLEASE, I am looking for some HONEST feedback and information on Salient. I'm looking into a position here and want to know how the corporate culture is, reputation in the industry, compensation . . . I don't want to hear from disgruntled employees, Just HONEST information and feedback, please. Thank you!

Honest feedback. Check the thread about Salient that already exists, post there to bring the thread back to life.

I worked with two guys who currently work at Salient. There has been a history of disfunction, there has been a high amount of turnover in the salesforce, but it can be good experience becuase of the call points. I don't have any feedback about what the pay is like, but it depends on what point in your career you are if it's a good move or not.

salient sucks they are rude and ingnorant to there people. the new manager is very rude to his help. talking cameras and other shit as he is sneaky so he thinks all other people are the same. no one likes him. his other company closed and so will salient

they brought their employees to unh to try out thier product out. test is quietly done not bringing employees to try the thing on a pig. very ignorant. then they kill the pig unecessary. guy trepanier is the worst manager we have ever had. we are going down hill. they suck

Honest feedback - don't risk your career. This company has been dysfunctional for 4 years ever since Joe Army took over. He rules by fear and won't listen to any honest opinions of employees. All the good people have left and the ones who are left behind only are here because of the economy and lack of other jobs. This is an 11 year start up.....no one is interested in buying the technology because basically it's too expensive to use and the cost is not justified by the outcomes. The guy who is supposed to do clinical papers has turned out nothing in 8 years because basically he's a statistician who worked for a medical group. Turnover is high and motivation is low. Go to a solid company if you want career advancement.

its to bad i thought it was a good company but have found it sucks the big one. they only keep the kiss ass people and the hard workers get screwed. looking and so are many other people in the clean room. we will be very happy when we are out of here.

Honest feedback - don't risk your career. This company has been dysfunctional for 4 years ever since Joe Army took over. He rules by fear and won't listen to any honest opinions of employees. All the good people have left and the ones who are left behind only are here because of the economy and lack of other jobs. This is an 11 year start up.....no one is interested in buying the technology because basically it's too expensive to use and the cost is not justified by the outcomes. The guy who is supposed to do clinical papers has turned out nothing in 8 years because basically he's a statistician who worked for a medical group. Turnover is high and motivation is low. Go to a solid company if you want career advancement.

THIS.

JA thinks this is 1993 and that he's Leon Hirsch. A good place to go to get your foot into medical but you can't use it as the archetypical company or experience at your next stop.