Salient Surgical Technologies

First of all it is impossible for this device to add 30-45 minutes to a case, it decreases time because it is eliminating other hemostatic techniques. Also, there is not enough saline in a bag to use for 45 minutes. Perhaps that 30-45 minutes is when you doze off during the case. Second, if the residents are burning themselves (with "the electric stick") perhaps they should use it on the patient and not each other, I'm just throwing that one out there. How do you burn yourself multiple times??? And third, your post is so dumb I'm guessing you are not a CRNA but a Plama Blade rep.

Please do not get so upset! I am only reporting what I am hearing the surgeon tell the Coordinator. Plus I did not even mention the rash of infections and aseptic loosening that the surgeon is attributing to this device.

Keep drinking the kool-aid. As long as you don't address the problem, it doesn't exhist.

Not upset or any kool-aid drinking here, just the facts, unlike you. You first say that "I asked the surgeon" then you change your story and say "I am only reporting what I am hearing the doctor tell the circulator". Which is it?? So far you have claimed that this device adds 30-45 minutes to a case, losing just as much blood, residents burn themselves, a rash of infection and aseptic loosening. All of these claims are so unrealistic that I go back to my first post that you must not be a CRNA but a rep from a different company. And if you are a CRNA please tell me where so I will never have any kind of procedure there.....a rash of infections in 3 months with a sterile device...please!

What does Salient say about Haemonetics? Do they view them as competition with such products as Orthopat? Any Salient reps care to share what you were trained to say? Thanks!

Not upset or any kool-aid drinking here, just the facts, unlike you. You first say that "I asked the surgeon" then you change your story and say "I am only reporting what I am hearing the doctor tell the circulator". Which is it?? So far you have claimed that this device adds 30-45 minutes to a case, losing just as much blood, residents burn themselves, a rash of infection and aseptic loosening. All of these claims are so unrealistic that I go back to my first post that you must not be a CRNA but a rep from a different company. And if you are a CRNA please tell me where so I will never have any kind of procedure there.....a rash of infections in 3 months with a sterile device...please!

Oh Boy!! You are way too paranoid!! These are real issues - Is this what you do when the surgeon and OR Mgr tell you to pack your stuff and get out? If so, Good Luck.

That is great news. S.D. is a great person with some steady success at Salient. Please keep the more to come info. posted. We have as much excitement in house as in the out house, Ha.

No one knows squat about what we do. Just shut up. No more talking on here. Also, Army is actually a nice guy. I don't know how any of you find a negative with him since you are all too small to have him impact you on a daily basis.