PAH Team Turnover is..

I'm no Scott Burton, but doing a little 3rd grade math:

65 TSs + 21 ISs = 86 - 3 (vacancies) = 83 -12 (departures in the last week) = 71

So, 15% of the PAH salesforce has just jumped ship and certainly there will be more with the UT offers going out. On top of this raw data, consider how many tried desperately to go to Cadence, UT, Intermune, etc. but were prevented by their own reputation, FDA denial at Intermune or lack of openings in the geographies in which they reside, etc., now we're talking about pretty much the entire PAH division. People walked away from the retention bonus to get away from this disaster. Just wait until December 15th, this division will be a ghost town in 2011. If someone higher up than the arrogant goons running this division doesn't see a red flag, then they are color blind. I for one am looking forward to the Town Hall spin cycle tomorrow morning. Go get 'em Scotty, you bald douche.

wow

Chest was fantastic as a sales rep! We got to see the fabulous 3 leaders sit outside the booth and ignore the entire sales force and every customer that was not ready to kiss their ass. Keep up the great relationships with the sales team and KOL's guys hard to believe we don't move market share, and oh buy the way I will be resigning Monday.

Town hall meeting has once again left me speechless!!!! Wow, sounds like the most exciting thing out of chest was the Hula dancers Dave, whats the matter haven't seen your pet in awhile?
Thanks again for making me work on my resume and being extremely jealous of the people leaving.

I'm getting paid $100 by a business professor at the university where I received my MBA to write my experience in the PH division as a case study for the Organizational Behavior course he teaches and for a textbook for which he is a contributing author. I told him I would gladly do it for free, but he insisted I take the stipend.

Great called today Scott, you tools are truly foolish if we give a bleep how affective you were at CHEST. Word has already spread from those poor souls dragged up there how unavailable you three were to the sales force and KOLs. I am so embarrassed and yet grateful you didn't interact with my KOLs. Just like the sales force, opinion leaders laugh at you and are disappointed in Gilead because of you. Dave how many more enrollments have we gotten today, shoot us a quick update. How 'bout a staffing update instead of giving each other reach-arounds. Shame on you Gilead for not protecting your investment in Letairis, labor, and stockholders.

I will one of the 15 or so employees who is resigning from GS in the last week. I give my notice on Monday. I can't tell you how refreshing it will be to say goodbye to such a poorly run company. Dave Wuest is an idiot who has NO people skills. Justin Gunn is a micro-manager who hires the same type of RDs and then sits back and watches the reps run like roaches (look at the latest hires - Jenaa Jones and Jon Hustmire). You can't get any more mindless baffoons than these two managers. The compensation plan is the worst in the industry (complicated formula to understand and pays some reps to stay in bed while others struggle). My advice is to find something else fast and leave your stresses behind.

65 TSs + 21 ISs = 86 - 3 (vacancies) = 83 -12 (departures in the last week) = 71

So, 15% of the PAH salesforce has just jumped ship and certainly there will be more with the UT offers going out. On top of this raw data, consider how many tried desperately to go to Cadence, UT, Intermune, etc. but were prevented by their own reputation, FDA denial at Intermune or lack of openings in the geographies in which they reside, etc., now we're talking about pretty much the entire PAH division. People walked away from the retention bonus to get away from this disaster. Just wait until December 15th, this division will be a ghost town in 2011. If someone higher up than the arrogant goons running this division doesn't see a red flag, then they are color blind. I for one am looking forward to the Town Hall spin cycle tomorrow morning. Go get 'em Scotty, you bald douche.

I don't think Ron Sancho exists, his thread is a tool used by Dickhead, Fuzzhead and Blockhead to try keeping this thread off the top. Great call today losers, you knocked another one out of the park.

Has the gravity of this situation sunk in yet? Take a close look at this situation. Look at how many President Award winners left or interviewed (if you are privy to that information like me). Somebody has to wake up and see their is a problem.

1. A mass exodus from GS with big retention bonuses being forfeited.
2. No real big increases in pay from either of the two companies.
3. Cadence has no 401K program.
4. No company cars (car allowance still a pain).
5. But big bonue potential with both UT and Cadence.
6. Forfeiture of stock and stock options once they come up from GS.
7. Many more reps wanted to leave but didn't have the job opening or geo to do so.
8. Less vacation time (no down week at holidays)
9. No more micro-mgt (sorry that one slipped in, that's a plus for Cadence and UT)

Despite this, these reps and many more with GS wants to leave. Can you see how miserable everyone is with the current leadership?

Signed,
Left Behind But Hoping To Leave Soon

I have seen over the months and years how the Gilead reps from the Hep and HIV divisions have shown their displeasure on CafePharma with the PAH rep comments. I too would be upset with the PAH division. You don't kill the messenger because of the message. The PAH reps have a right to complain. They have a completely different and complex market that you do not have to contend with. The Gilead leadership understands your market but still doesn't have a clue into thios PAH mkt. They know how to market your drugs and motivate their people thru competent leadership principles. BUT those same people bought Myogen and installed leaders with NO PAH ecperience to start a whole new division. This PAH managment is the downfall not the reps in the field. The PAH reps only wish they too had a good game plan to succeed. (Makes it pretty damn easy to sell when you havbe the best products unlike Letairis which is a dog with many fleas.) So next time be a little more understading of what your Gilead counterparts are struggling to overcome. I promise, they only wish they were you in that division.

Amen

I will one of the 15 or so employees who is resigning from GS in the last week. I give my notice on Monday. I can't tell you how refreshing it will be to say goodbye to such a poorly run company. Dave Wuest is an idiot who has NO people skills. Justin Gunn is a micro-manager who hires the same type of RDs and then sits back and watches the reps run like roaches (look at the latest hires - Jenaa Jones and Jon Hustmire). You can't get any more mindless baffoons than these two managers. The compensation plan is the worst in the industry (complicated formula to understand and pays some reps to stay in bed while others struggle). My advice is to find something else fast and leave your stresses behind.

Looks like more resignations are coming. Thank God this isn't the Navy Seals. They leave no one behind. Gilead has to have somebody turn out the lights in the PAH division.

Are you biting feathers and typing at the same time, again? might as well be, the molecules sell themselves, you're just along for the ride. Mind your own threads besides looks like some of your own have decided to get back to work and life and get the hell out of here.

I have seen over the months and years how the Gilead reps from the Hep and HIV divisions have shown their displeasure on CafePharma with the PAH rep comments. I too would be upset with the PAH division. You don't kill the messenger because of the message. The PAH reps have a right to complain. They have a completely different and complex market that you do not have to contend with. The Gilead leadership understands your market but still doesn't have a clue into thios PAH mkt. They know how to market your drugs and motivate their people thru competent leadership principles. BUT those same people bought Myogen and installed leaders with NO PAH ecperience to start a whole new division. This PAH managment is the downfall not the reps in the field. The PAH reps only wish they too had a good game plan to succeed. (Makes it pretty damn easy to sell when you havbe the best products unlike Letairis which is a dog with many fleas.) So next time be a little more understading of what your Gilead counterparts are struggling to overcome. I promise, they only wish they were you in that division.

Amen

I left right after the cluster F%%K we called a launch of Letairis. I knew from the ridiculous training experience, multiple people that actually left during training, not to mention several others that left within a month after training, and the first several conference calls we had that I had made an immense mistake going to Gilead in the first place. 2 yrs later I still find myself telling people about my experiences at Gilead, so the other day I told someone to just take a look at this board. They called me back later that night and said that they were amazed at how miserable people were aat Gilead. So I came on tonight to see if it was better or worse, looks like its the same.

Shame on the PAH leadership for losing so many talented individuals this week. Shame on upper management for the stifling environment they have created in every division of Gilead in the past 5 years. Shame on you, John Martin for keeping people like Kevin Young at the helm. With leadership such as this, who needs enemies or competition? The self distruction makes it so easy for the competition. Any company with a better culture, even if it means lower pay will take your employees. Do you get it yet? How many more will it take? Oh, never mind, you are too arrogant at the top to admit anyone talented has left. There are so many more you can replace them with, right Kevin?

Shame on Gilead Management for losing so many talented individuals this week. Shame on upper management for creating a stifling culture where frustration is the norm. Shame on John Martin for keeping people like Kevin Young at the helm. Gilead, your enemy is poor management, not other companies. You have done a great job self distructing. You don't need Cadence or UT's help. What will it take? When will you learn? Or will you just replace the reps who leave because there are so many more out there? Right, Kevin? Keep up the great job. You've nearly achieved your goal of destroying what was once a great place to work!

Hey Scott, last year you scheduled a "town hall meeting" the day after Cadence delay, then when the unfortunate news of the delay hit the street you danced around the home office like Gene Kelly did in the rain. So, you thought you'd go back to the well one more time yesterday. Ooooops! How'd that work out for you douche-face? Its a gleaming example of your contempt for the sales force. You're fucked.

Hey Scott, last year you scheduled a "town hall meeting" the day after Cadence delay, then when the unfortunate news of the delay hit the street you danced around the home office like Gene Kelly did in the rain. So, you thought you'd go back to the well one more time yesterday. Ooooops! How'd that work out for you douche-face? Its a gleaming example of your contempt for the sales force. You're fucked.

Too funny!

Dear Ann Landers-
Dr Laura-
Dr. Phil-
Dr Opra-
(Got to cover all the bases)

After working for this company for almot 4 years. They have made me feel so inadequate. Seeing all my friends leave for some better -some worse places but leaving with a smile on their face. I might have to look into the Gilead health insurance policy concerning mental health benefits. I need to see a shrink to see what is wrong with me. I should have been gone long ago. They have hired all these idiot RDs that no nothing and make you feel worse for being here. Now I feel like I am damaged goods because I work for Gilead and no good jobs would want me. I am so F&^#d. Please Help Me.

Signed-
Willing To Work For Food
Willing To Relocate
Willing To Take Less Money
Willing To Sleep My Way to The Bottom
Willing To Do Anything
Just Willing

Dear Ann Landers-
Dr Laura-
Dr. Phil-
Dr Opra-
(Got to cover all the bases)

After working for this company for almot 4 years. They have made me feel so inadequate. Seeing all my friends leave for some better -some worse places but leaving with a smile on their face. I might have to look into the Gilead health insurance policy concerning mental health benefits. I need to see a shrink to see what is wrong with me. I should have been gone long ago. They have hired all these idiot RDs that no nothing and make you feel worse for being here. Now I feel like I am damaged goods because I work for Gilead and no good jobs would want me. I am so F&^#d. Please Help Me.

Signed-
Willing To Work For Food
Willing To Relocate
Willing To Take Less Money
Willing To Sleep My Way to The Bottom
Willing To Do Anything
Just Willing

The best thing those of us left here can do is keep networking one another about opportunities as they come available. So, here is somewhere to begin. Good luck.
http://www.avanir.com/employment/