Layoffs 2023

So what’s up with fully remote employees? Hired as remote…not near any office? Not traveling (not sales)…expect the boot 1/1?
ahmed96-a96.gif

So what’s up with fully remote employees? Hired as remote…not near any office? Not traveling (not sales)…expect the boot 1/1?

It looks like you drive in or get the boot. If anyone figures out any other options please post it here. I was hired as remote, and am told I have to go in. What else can this company do to screw it's employees?

It looks like you drive in or get the boot. If anyone figures out any other options please post it here. I was hired as remote, and am told I have to go in. What else can this company do to screw its employees?

I don’t have an office in my state or anywhere within driving distance. Haven’t heard a word on this scenario.

They said hired as remote is safe…then just changed up and said ‘will evaluated based on business needs”….anyone know their typical severance package!?

Doubtful there will be a severance for this. You can still work in the office, you are just choosing not to. This is what they are doing to avoid paying people severance in my opinion. A layoff where they don't have to pay anyone. The rif will come a month or two after this if enough don't retire or quit. This truly is a shady company to work for.

Doubtful there will be a severance for this. You can still work in the office, you are just choosing not to. This is what they are doing to avoid paying people severance in my opinion. A layoff where they don't have to pay anyone. The rif will come a month or two after this if enough don't retire or quit. This truly is a shady company to work for.

In my case I’d have to move to another state. No office within driving distance. Shitty but I’d hope I’d get something.