• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

July 2015

I am somewhat suspicious of another July Layoff because of the 2015 bonus structure. Bonus is a 6 month bonus like it was last year when we had mid year layoffs. Only 2 times in 20 years that I've seen bonus payout at 6 months--2014 and 2015. Also manager is telling us to spend the budgets that she gave us. She does not appear to be concerned about saving for the back half of the year. Just looks suspicious. We were saying this same thing last year, and we were right. Hope I'm wrong--would like to hold on a little longer.

Not to worry. Conference calls should have happened by now if anything was imminent. We are good. At least til fall.

Don't be so sure. The new model is to do selective smaller cuts in targeted markets. Last time in March reps had no notice and were out same day as call. If R and F is low why keep rep? Not a difficult decision.

Don't be so sure. The new model is to do selective smaller cuts in targeted markets. Last time in March reps had no notice and were out same day as call. If R and F is low why keep rep? Not a difficult decision.

They didn't give us the iPads 2 years ago just to be trendy. At the same time they eliminated company provided cell phones. Cell phones were the airtight lock on terminations. Mother had the right to track our cell phone locations and if we reported a call on the old Lenovo that did not match up with the location of the cell phone, HR gave the OK to terminate. No need for cell records with the iPad. Fast forward to the the new call system, Salesforce.com has pitched senior mgmnt on how they could increase field mgmt "span of control" by using the new/improved dashboard. Much more efficient for tracking activity and looking for termination targets on exception reports. The new model allows the wolves to pick off the herd one-by-one. If you want to stay in the herd, stay in the middle. Mother's biggest concern is avoiding risk, the new data allows field force reduction (cost reduction) while minimizing risk exposure.

They didn't give us the iPads 2 years ago just to be trendy. At the same time they eliminated company provided cell phones. Cell phones were the airtight lock on terminations. Mother had the right to track our cell phone locations and if we reported a call on the old Lenovo that did not match up with the location of the cell phone, HR gave the OK to terminate. No need for cell records with the iPad. Fast forward to the the new call system, Salesforce.com has pitched senior mgmnt on how they could increase field mgmt "span of control" by using the new/improved dashboard. Much more efficient for tracking activity and looking for termination targets on exception reports. The new model allows the wolves to pick off the herd one-by-one. If you want to stay in the herd, stay in the middle. Mother's biggest concern is avoiding risk, the new data allows field force reduction (cost reduction) while minimizing risk exposure.

Used to do this gig years ago when it was pretty simple to play the game. It looks like you guys have to be real pros to play the game now. Your job can't be near as fun as it was when I did it....

the new model is to do smaller, targeted cuts which will take place with little to no warning and based on decision by local management. this is what primary care has been openly told.

the stay in the middle advice is sound. don't make waves, stay in compliance and off the radar. don't give the ctls and dcos a reason to think you aren't needed. even though we all aren't, of course.

it would be interesting to hear some examples of which territories were affected in March. that would give others an idea of what a potentially asymmetrically deployed territory looks like.

" stay in the middle." Pretty much sums up Merck. Merck loves the bell curve. On either end, top performer or bottom performer you are an outlier. Therefore a target. Merck is a perform to the middle company. The entire organization is composed of employees that are mediocre. That's what it aspires to. " How can we be more average?" So much for " Good to Great."

Well you bunch of pricks. Where's all the phone calls and layoffs? No announcements? Anything at all? I rest my case. I told you already..no layoffs. This is the same small group of miscreants trying to stir it up and cause problems because their jobs are in jeopardy because they suck ass.

the new model is to do smaller, targeted cuts which will take place with little to no warning and based on decision by local management. this is what primary care has been openly told.

the stay in the middle advice is sound. don't make waves, stay in compliance and off the radar. don't give the ctls and dcos a reason to think you aren't needed. even though we all aren't, of course.

it would be interesting to hear some examples of which territories were affected in March. that would give others an idea of what a potentially asymmetrically deployed territory looks like.

Yep new model is to let go less than 100 people per month so not to trigger any WARN notice.

Will be one continuous set of layoffs from now on.

Yep new model is to let go less than 100 people per month so not to trigger any WARN notice.

Will be one continuous set of layoffs from now on.

yeah right prickass. Nothing you've said about the impending layoffs has happened so now you start this myth. From one thing to the next. I could tell you your next post because I can read you like a book. Go whack would you?

Lamenting because it's harder to fake a day "at work"?
Try actually working a full day and earning your salary.
It's not that hard and you might enjoy it.

But, again, you're a lazy bum---So productivity isn't in your "wheelhouse".