• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

What will we find out on July 11th?

"WP remains the most productive drug discovery site in the network"

WTF?

By what measure? Food consumption in the cafeteria?

So how many drugs have come out of KW in the past fifteen years - I think the answer is somewhere around zero.? Big investments in KW and Boston have not panned out, but everyone else is in Boston so apparently we need to be there too despite the utter lack of any successes. WP and Montreal were both more successful yet both got cut by NJ favoring management to save the NJ sites. Look how great that has turned out. The tide has turned and They've finally figured it out - won't say it publicly, but behind closed doors will acknowledge it. That's why discovery research is going to be phased out in NJ and the resources redirected to fund new discovery sites in Cambridge and SF. Also , no one wants to live there , getting very difficult to recruit anyone there. Feel sorry for the good people in KW but that's the way upper management sees it.

"WP remains the most productive drug discovery site in the network"

WTF?

By what measure? Food consumption in the cafeteria?

What part in the statement is difficult to process? Look at the history, add up the successes. Montreal was also a productive and tiny site.

Are you proposing another site is more productive? Show beyond food consumption with pencils down in 30 minutes.

I should not even be typing. Too much vino again. :) The whole KW site was totally mishandled. The initial proposals were a fraction of the cost to get things back into running shape. The building(s) were in worse shape than originally thought. We are talking about 10s of millions of dollars. We were already all in. I don't think they would have touched the KW site if the proper discovery process was done. Don't blame lower or middle management. They are told what to do. Upper management wants "plausible deniability" on everything. If someone tells upper management there is a problem, "plausible deniability" goes away. It's just a game. If you think that discovering issues, reporting them, and looking for action will help you move up, you are disillusioned. Why do you think we have a lawyer as a CEO? A scientist does not know how to play the litigation game.

Middle management is to blame for not speaking up and letting this disaster happen. It's full of yes sir, yes ma'am bobbleheads. They are just as much to blame for not standing up and telling it like it is to persuade the bosses Upper isn't always right..... Adding layers of process didn't help What happened to critical eye on data and people that know how to run programs well and not into the ground?

Okay, let's check back on July 12th, 2016 and see what has been announced. In fact, let's give 1 month. On August 1st, 2016, let's see what the facts are (and are not).

I told you so - look at your calendar , mandatory meetings this morning for all research sites. The beginning of the rollout for the repurposing of KW and the reallocation of the research there to Canbridge and SF. I wouldn't joke about something so serious, wish it wasn't so.

I told you so - look at your calendar , mandatory meetings this morning for all research sites. The beginning of the rollout for the repurposing of KW and the reallocation of the research there to Canbridge and SF. I wouldn't joke about something so serious, wish it wasn't so.

you just kept guessing and guessing and guessing, that's all. tell us the substance of the meeting holeass. even a chipmunk finds an acorn after a while

you just kept guessing and guessing and guessing, that's all. tell us the substance of the meeting holeass. even a chipmunk finds an acorn after a while

NJ DPED was just DPed this morning: ~20% reduction in force in NJ, Biology is gone in NJ, chemistry repurposed in NJ to capabilities (to make way for SF in 2018/19), North Wales site shut down and parts moving to KW. No reductions in West Point or Boston. Timeframe varies by division, but end of September is when some will be notified if they have a job or not. Good times...

Looks like the guy was right. The Zontivity sales force is soon to be gone. Notified today. I hate to admit that these posters seem to be getting it right every once in a while.

NJ DPED was just DPed this morning: ~20% reduction in force in NJ, Biology is gone in NJ, chemistry repurposed in NJ to capabilities (to make way for SF in 2018/19), North Wales site shut down and parts moving to KW. No reductions in West Point or Boston. Timeframe varies by division, but end of September is when some will be notified if they have a job or not. Good times...
Hahahahaha. Are you still bored you fat lump of shit? I guess my deli platter delivery job looks pretty good now.

Just when you think your life couldn't get worse, you hit a new bottom. You're just a blond bimbo. Remember that fatty. Know your place.

Once again

Hahahahahahahahaha

Guess who really is the useless one? You guessed it. Just look in the mirror. Reminds you of high school didn't it. Thinks always go around.

I told you so but no one listened- too much denial in NJ.
Boston should not be on its high horse, from what I understand you are now on the clock and the next site to be scrutinized . The excuses for 15 years of nothing but bullshit coming out of there are now officially over. Don't produce in the next few years and you will be next, the holiday is over.
Finally Roger has wised up and is on to the Boston charade.

I told you so but no one listened- too much denial in NJ.
Boston should not be on its high horse, from what I understand you are now on the clock and the next site to be scrutinized . The excuses for 15 years of nothing but bullshit coming out of there are now officially over. Don't produce in the next few years and you will be next, the holiday is over.
Finally Roger has wised up and is on to the Boston charade.

Still 85 years remaining on 99 year lease for the Boston site. My great grandchildren will be dead before they close Boston. It will be the last site to close before Merck goes bankrupt. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. It doesn't matter how hard you work or how successful other sites are. Management does not care. Just look at what they did to the Montreal site.