• We apologize for the intermittent downtime on the site as we work through some technical difficulties.

How to destroy field medical

The administrative burden for MSLs is insane with more to come after the call yesterday. I spent 4 hours today entering calls and insights. The rest of the day was divided into emergent customer calls, wrangling more administrative tasks, setting up field meetings for HO peeps and an hour on the phone with the help desk to fix my computer. I worked far into the evening and am just now plugging in my devices at midnight. Rinse and repeat tomorrow when I check my email @ 6 am. But according to Clear, we are not the best field medical team in the industry and we can do better.

The administrative burden for MSLs is insane with more to come after the call yesterday. I spent 4 hours today entering calls and insights. The rest of the day was divided into emergent customer calls, wrangling more administrative tasks, setting up field meetings for HO peeps and an hour on the phone with the help desk to fix my computer. I worked far into the evening and am just now plugging in my devices at midnight. Rinse and repeat tomorrow when I check my email @ 6 am. But according to Clear, we are not the best field medical team in the industry and we can do better.
oh sweetie, try burping yourself or bicarbonate

I think Bea's comments have been taken out of context and are used to provoke people. I think she meant we have pockets of excellence, and we need to make it uniform. Best can mean many things—it's like sports; it's not about individual merits; she's trying to make sure the team is better than before. Maybe I am being a Bea apologist, and yes, she hasn't been quick to fix things adding to frustration, but I think we are taking something said out of context.

it's field leadership that is the problem. We have many good MSLs here.
In that case, she can't get rid of all of them simultaneously. None of the FDs and MEDs are measured, so she can't choose one unless they are messed up royally. Unfortunately, the field is top-heavy, and she can't legally fire someone for being mediocre or incompetent.

Yes the Field Directors and their direct managers are the biggest problem across Field Medical they are uninspiring and difficult to work with. Mine they keep moving her around and nobody cares for her. Everyone knows she should not be in leadership but the other FDs aren’t great either. They moved the decent FDs to other positions and left us with this crew.

You must be talking about the one that came from Alzheimer’s she’s one of the worst. We all just tolerate the FDs we have been given and it doesn’t look like much will be changing

Can we talk about our dysfunctional medical networks. Every person I’ve talked to that has left here says the biggest difference other places is having functional helpful medical directors. Why are ours so useless?

Can we talk about our dysfunctional medical networks. Every person I’ve talked to that has left here says the biggest difference other places is having functional helpful medical directors. Why are ours so useless?

You've heard about the glass ceiling. Genentech/Roche is the perfect example of a glass cliff. We only promote women to leadership when everything has gone to sh*ts.

Field Medical
Roche stock
gRED pipeline
Marketing

Female leaders have been set up to fail

I don’t know if I agree it’s a female leaders problem as there are plenty of useless male leaders taking up a spot. But what’s up with the Fall mtg email? Medical has to stay till 5 pm on Thurs to discuss what a successful engagement is but we aren’t even sure so we send out a survey on it. Bea this is not what we need to be spending our time on!

I don’t know if I agree it’s a female leaders problem as there are plenty of useless male leaders taking up a spot. But what’s up with the Fall mtg email? Medical has to stay till 5 pm on Thurs to discuss what a successful engagement is but we aren’t even sure so we send out a survey on it. Bea this is not what we need to be spending our time on!
It’s simple. CE is failing, RVPs need a scape goat. That’s where medical plays the useful idiot, as commercial leadership lays our failures at the feet of low hanging fruit. Someone has to take the fall.

Play your role. Next time the hands are dealt, help your medical leaders to learn from history and play a better game.

You've heard about the glass ceiling. Genentech/Roche is the perfect example of a glass cliff. We only promote women to leadership when everything has gone to sh*ts.

Field Medical
Roche stock
gRED pipeline
Marketing

Female leaders have been set up to fail
Gender cliff is where women are appointed to leadership positions that are struggling or in crisis?

USMA Digital Academy will save us all...as long as you complete your modules by the due date (don't worry your manager will give you a friendly nudge so they can mark it off their bullshit task list. What a pile of absolute fucking garbage. Who looks at this stuff and thinks "Yeah, this is definitely the path forward?"

Couldn’t agree more… who are the morons that make these decisions the Digital Academy was a waste of my 3 hours so far. Where’s Waldo I mean Toby? I can’t wait to hear more about project CLear. So far Bea hasn’t fixed one single thing.

Couldn’t agree more… who are the morons that make these decisions the Digital Academy was a waste of my 3 hours so far. Where’s Waldo I mean Toby? I can’t wait to hear more about project CLear. So far Bea hasn’t fixed one single thing.
Why do you think Bea and Toby are some Gen Z messiahs to save you? They are here for their short-term roles and will move on to their next promotion. If Clear comes to fruition, Field Medical has bad days ahead. From what I've heard in good authority, Bea's clear might be Roche's Project 2025.

Well let’s hear it. Bad days ahead you say well we have already had plenty of them. So are we talking about reductions in headcount or micro manager metrics or a watered down MSL role or MEDs managing MSLs? You can’t just drop it and not spill it.

Oh please honey, if it weren’t for men, Gene would have never been found. Do you even know who started Genentech? Clue…there are statues on campus of 2 people sitting at a table. Check it out.