• Tue news: Starboard wants to hold Pfizer leadership accountable. Moderna norovirus vaccine. Health insurer merger talks. Editas looks for CRISPR partner. Otsuka kidney disease trial. See more on our front page

Do I have enough?

D't you have better things to do then lie. If you really have all that information, you should move to NYC and hammer the stock market.

I mean, you are smart enough to know all of your neighbors business. that is so remarka that they would trust a person of your character (negative) with anything.

I said friends. Yes, we all talk about how we are going to get by and how to better manage our finances. I am sure since you only hang with doctors and other execs that this comes as a shock! I also observe what people do when a high paying job is lost. If they sell their home and move their kids to community college or no college, you know it hit them hard or if they call and say their Cobra is breaking the bank.

this is happening people. Get on linked in and get your priorities in priority. Work out, get a face lift, filler, botox, tummy tuck, push up bra. Whatever it fricking takes. Diet pills are working. I'm shaking like a leaf, honey child!

I said friends. Yes, we all talk about how we are going to get by and how to better manage our finances. I am sure since you only hang with doctors and other execs that this comes as a shock! I also observe what people do when a high paying job is lost. If they sell their home and move their kids to community college or no college, you know it hit them hard or if they call and say their Cobra is breaking the bank.

As one who lost his job in the 2012 purge, I can assure you that you should be scared, very scared. If this happens most of you are going to discover just how little this job has enabled you to develop anything close to marketable skills. 2 years and half of my life's savings later, I am finally at the point where I can see the light at the end of this tunnel and am making 80% of my AZ salary, but it has been a long and difficult road, and will be for all of you, especially if you are north of 45. Learn how to do something else. Soon.

As one who lost his job in the 2012 purge, I can assure you that you should be scared, very scared. If this happens most of you are going to discover just how little this job has enabled you to develop anything close to marketable skills. 2 years and half of my life's savings later, I am finally at the point where I can see the light at the end of this tunnel and am making 80% of my AZ salary, but it has been a long and difficult road, and will be for all of you, especially if you are north of 45. Learn how to do something else. Soon.

So said the man that worships false gods. Your weak mind is nasty. Your fearful spirit will be thrown in the burning pit, you fool.

Those over 45 have money, so we don't have to do anything soon. It is quite the opposite, rookie.

Have fun today, making your time stamp calls to prove you are working. I am going to hit the beach and work on my tan. Actually, I don't like to tan, but the natural sunlight is good for me, so it just happens naturally.

And just when its around 4:30 and you have to get one more call to prove you are working, I will be on the back 9.

After, hit the clubhouse for some fresh brews.

Being north of 45 is a good life!

this is an interesting thread. Thanks for sharing everyone

Its a thread worthy of top 100 status, for sure...

only thing is the OP was lying.

Still, we can learn and share ideas about career, life, and hope for a better future in this country. We are headed for tough times ahead, so its important to be alert and make adjustments.

The most important thing to buy if you have money is YOUR DREAM HOME, or retirement home NOW, because real estate is going to take off once people see that their money is worthless.

Get out of stocks ASAP.

Its a thread worthy of top 100 status, for sure...

only thing is the OP was lying.

Still, we can learn and share ideas about career, life, and hope for a better future in this country. We are headed for tough times ahead, so its important to be alert and make adjustments.

The most important thing to buy if you have money is YOUR DREAM HOME, or retirement home NOW, because real estate is going to take off once people see that their money is worthless.

Get out of stocks ASAP.

This person is realy a buffoon not having saved what should have been done in the first place. Buying a dream home is a stupid aspiration which got him/her in the first place well below targeted means!

This person is realy a buffoon not having saved what should have been done in the first place. Buying a dream home is a stupid aspiration which got him/her in the first place well below targeted means!
Right. That is great advice. Sell all of your stocks now and buy the most expensive house you can afford. Yes indeed, retired husband and wife, no kids and living in a 6,000 s.f. 7 bedroom 5 bath home. Genius stuff.

I think they should teach high school students the basics on prudence and living a secure life....pragmatism. So many of their foolish parents create the problems they will duplicate

Right. That is great advice. Sell all of your stocks now and buy the most expensive house you can afford. Yes indeed, retired husband and wife, no kids and living in a 6,000 s.f. 7 bedroom 5 bath home. Genius stuff.

Idiots.
Learn to read.
Sell the stocks is simple stuff, because the market is at an all time high.

When I say "dream home", I mean a home you can afford and live in and die in, not a huge house that you don't need.

Real estate is where the value is right now. That should be obvious. I would prefer buying a piece of land in a low tax area (south, southwest usa, is very good), and build a custom home with just enough space...

anything over 3500 sq ft. is too big. The best home are 2500 sq. ft, 4 bed, 2.5 bath. That is the dream home, if you have 2 or more kids.

If you have no kids or 1, then a 1500 to 2000 will do, 3 b, 2 bath. You people are seriously dense.

For real. Dense. Stop watching TV and repair you flipping minds!

I think they should teach high school students the basics on prudence and living a secure life....pragmatism. So many of their foolish parents create the problems they will duplicate
Reality sets in when their kid graduates from a good college with a Liberal Arts degree and can't find a job outside of retail or fast food service. They can't pay off their loans and continue to live with mom and dad out of necessity or because they can't fathom living in a small apartment with no X Box. And if they stay with mom and dad and don't get married, thanks to ObamaCare they can get health care coverage for free. Welcome to the new America the land of opportunity.

Idiots.
Learn to read.
Sell the stocks is simple stuff, because the market is at an all time high.

When I say "dream home", I mean a home you can afford and live in and die in, not a huge house that you don't need.

Real estate is where the value is right now. That should be obvious. I would prefer buying a piece of land in a low tax area (south, southwest usa, is very good), and build a custom home with just enough space...

anything over 3500 sq ft. is too big. The best home are 2500 sq. ft, 4 bed, 2.5 bath. That is the dream home, if you have 2 or more kids.

If you have no kids or 1, then a 1500 to 2000 will do, 3 b, 2 bath. You people are seriously dense.

For real. Dense. Stop watching TV and repair you flipping minds!

Agree with most, with one caveat: many areas with high taxes are in counties with some of the best high schools in the country, where a high percentage of kids go on to top colleges in the country. And unfortunately for many, the top colleges in the country are where a lot of recruiters go to find their new employees.

Since so many parents want this for their children, homes in these areas sell very quickly when parents downsize. Northern 'burbs of Chicago, Bay area of NoCal, Westchester County and Long Island, NY, areas west of Boston, and Northern VA are extremely expensive places to live, but there's a reason for that. A selection of strong employers, great schools with a pipeline to good colleges.

Having been a college recruiter and doing an internship in HR for Morgan Stanley, this is what I was told, and this is what I observed.