• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Company cars or car allowance

Copaxone? What a joke

Maybe, but ingrezza after 3-4 years is yet to break a billion. Copaxone was a $3-4 billion a year drug. Even after it went generic it still brought in over a billion a year.

Speaking of billions...why did neurocrine forecast over $2BN for ingrezza in 2021? You guys will probably be at 1.1-1.2. That is a heck of a miss.

Maybe, but ingrezza after 3-4 years is yet to break a billion. Copaxone was a $3-4 billion a year drug. Even after it went generic it still brought in over a billion a year.

Speaking of billions...why did neurocrine forecast over $2BN for ingrezza in 2021? You guys will probably be at 1.1-1.2. That is a heck of a miss.

maybe so but that’s why we’re turning to former Teva managers and reps to right our ship.

With Jan 31 start date I ran the offer by my financial planner today. He said it’s a misleading offer. Told me right off the top I can deduct 15k off the offer do to weak car allowance and no fuel card. Also told me to subtract 5k off offer due to weak company 401k compared to my current plan. Only 50% match. Bottom line my financial planner told me I’d be doing myself an injustice not to deduct 20k off my offer. I planned to submit my 2 week notice from
Current job this Friday but after receiving advice from my financial planner I’m pulling out of Neurocrine offer. 20k dedduction makes it all a lateral move. Maybe it’s not a thing for a displaced rep needing a job but it’s a no go for me with my situation.

With Jan 31 start date I ran the offer by my financial planner today. He said it’s a misleading offer. Told me right off the top I can deduct 15k off the offer do to weak car allowance and no fuel card. Also told me to subtract 5k off offer due to weak company 401k compared to my current plan. Only 50% match. Bottom line my financial planner told me I’d be doing myself an injustice not to deduct 20k off my offer. I planned to submit my 2 week notice from
Current job this Friday but after receiving advice from my financial planner I’m pulling out of Neurocrine offer. 20k dedduction makes it all a lateral move. Maybe it’s not a thing for a displaced rep needing a job but it’s a no go for me with my situation.

During this conversation that never happened did your "FP" mention the RSUs or bonus?

So...you are saying bonuses are to pay for a car that most other pharma companies provide for you? That's some messed up logic. Are you a neurocrine manager?

Correct…… don’t forget 401k here sucks too. Other companies offer better 401k, company car, fuel card and yes RSUs too. The yahoo on here arguing Neurocrine benefits can’t do simple addition and subtraction math. Dumbo needs to put his lolly pop down.

So Neurocrine only gives you .50 cents on the dollar to match what you put in up to only 6% max.
Most companies match dollar for dollar up to the first 6%. Surely that's not right?

not uncommon for Pharm companies to match 100% up to 8-10% on 401k. 50% up to 6% is pathetic. Bennies have dollar values that need to be accounted for when evaluating your offer.

Wow, then the 401K match here is pretty pathetic. Combined with no fleet benefit, higher out of pocket employee medical premium deduction and RSUs that are worthless, I guess the recruiter didn't divulge this for a reason. If offers are higher for base pay, I may end up making a lateral move financially, especially since the bonus structure will be diluted this year with all the reps Neurocrine is adding.

Wow, then the 401K match here is pretty pathetic. Combined with no fleet benefit, higher out of pocket employee medical premium deduction and RSUs that are worthless, I guess the recruiter didn't divulge this for a reason. If offers are higher for base pay, I may end up making a lateral move financially, especially since the bonus structure will be diluted this year with all the reps Neurocrine is adding.
Horrible!,,,,