Centurion medical?

Things have made a 180 in the past few years.

We've lost control of dressing kits and Goro tried to give away our instruments to PSI a few years back. Soon Medline will be using our instruments in their kits and reps will get paid a fraction of what they get now. This is their goal. Make MORE money, keep sales reps poor, and recycle them with younger saps.

I don't have to rationally drown you and tell you the cost outcome of replacing reps every year do I? Well the short story is, that it would be cheaper to keep good reps and pay them than to pay cut us and hurt morale every year. My favorite was the "glitch in the system" you even referenced Office Space in the email telling us you were taking back prior commission. AMAZING!

Moral is down. I don't kid when I say, EVERY sales rep I know is not happy with these new changes. EVERY SALES REP.

You know Goro, 3% of the marketshare for Sorbaview for the past 20 years with no significant increase? (I had to chuckle when you said you were surprised by this number when you researched it. That's your job. It should be at the tip of your tongue) And your new grand idea of kitting is tanking. Guess who is the common denominator in this equation. Why don't you lead the team instead of wear out the CTRL + C and CTRL + V keys on your keyboard? (I wonder how many keyboards IT has replaced for him?)

Gears of selling, haha. He's dusting off his sales manual from the 70s when he sold grease and chemicals. Tom let's get someone fresh. Because the definition of insanity is becoming synonymous with our sales model of no GPOS, avoiding materials, the Gears of selling and role play meetings.

This company could be great! Products are awesome! I love selling our stuff, it promotes better patient and clinical outcomes, but leaderships stubbornness and pay cuts to sales reps are going to bite you in the ass.

One tip before I go. Incentivize the hell out of kitter sales, both for us and Medline and it will happen. I don't get excited about in servicing a whole hospital for a $20 a month commission.

We've lost control of dressing kits and Goro tried to give away our instruments to PSI a few years back. Soon Medline will be using our instruments in their kits and reps will get paid a fraction of what they get now. This is their goal. Make MORE money, keep sales reps poor, and recycle them with younger saps.

I don't have to rationally drown you and tell you the cost outcome of replacing reps every year do I? Well the short story is, that it would be cheaper to keep good reps and pay them than to pay cut us and hurt morale every year. My favorite was the "glitch in the system" you even referenced Office Space in the email telling us you were taking back prior commission. AMAZING!

Moral is down. I don't kid when I say, EVERY sales rep I know is not happy with these new changes. EVERY SALES REP.

You know Goro, 3% of the marketshare for Sorbaview for the past 20 years with no significant increase? (I had to chuckle when you said you were surprised by this number when you researched it. That's your job. It should be at the tip of your tongue) And your new grand idea of kitting is tanking. Guess who is the common denominator in this equation. Why don't you lead the team instead of wear out the CTRL + C and CTRL + V keys on your keyboard? (I wonder how many keyboards IT has replaced for him?)

Gears of selling, haha. He's dusting off his sales manual from the 70s when he sold grease and chemicals. Tom let's get someone fresh. Because the definition of insanity is becoming synonymous with our sales model of no GPOS, avoiding materials, the Gears of selling and role play meetings.

This company could be great! Products are awesome! I love selling our stuff, it promotes better patient and clinical outcomes, but leaderships stubbornness and pay cuts to sales reps are going to bite you in the ass.

One tip before I go. Incentivize the hell out of kitter sales, both for us and Medline and it will happen. I don't get excited about in servicing a whole hospital for a $20 a month commission.

Straight . Excellent post.

Great previous post. Spot on. Careful what you wish for. That someone fresh wants to track EVERYTHING you do.

Just wait until you hear about the new sales funnel paperwork we will be doing next year.

Ummmm, yeaaaaah, I'm gonna need you to put a cover sheet on that TPS report. I'll send you another memo.

First off, this is a great post and you touch on so many issues. However, there are 2 points that I'd disagree with you on: Goro being the problem and the cost of replacing reps.

Goro is a problem, there is no doubt about that. But the bigger problem at Centurion is the owner that pays Goro to forward emails all day, while not providing any real solutions to overcoming a 3% market share. It's the Regional Directors, who are only concerned about covering their own asses, and do nothing to develop reps, except to tell them to call other reps. It's the "senior reps" and mentors that when another rep approaches them with an issue, i.e. lack of contracts, they can't wait to go tell corporate or the Regional Director. What really cracks me up is the complete arrogance that Centurion has, when they are such a minor player in the market. Every chance they get, management want to dog Tegaderm, well Tegaderm has been eating your lunch for the past 20 years. Put that one in your Centurion Stories binder.

There really isn't a cost to replace the reps, because there is no investment in new reps. Training is below sub par, almost non-existent. Unless you consider training a week of listening to "senior management" talk about how great and successful they were as reps, and how the RD's paid for their kids college education out right. You have whole training classes not even lasting 6 months in some cases, and the company doesn't even bat an eye. A former rep just pointed out that the more this company turns over reps, the more profitable the territory is. Think about it...Rep A leaves, Rep B is hired at a far lower base salary and doesn't get commissions on anything that Rep A sold. Rep A's business grows or at a minimum is mantained and Centurion doesn't pay out a comission on it. Rep B leaves and Rep C doesn't get paid on anything from Rep A or B.

I'm trying to follow the lead of the reps that are leaving left and right, because things will only get worse here with the sales funnel, more reports, more manager and corportate intervention, etc.

Attention Centurion sales reps...as we learned on the Centurion University exam, Thanksgiving is the best time of the year to send out holiday cards. Make sure you get your cards out, as they will increase your sales exponentially.

Attention Centurion sales reps...as we learned on the Centurion University exam, Thanksgiving is the best time of the year to send out holiday cards. Make sure you get your cards out, as they will increase your sales exponentially.

That's where you're wrong! It's not the Thanksgiving cards that grow your sales exponentially, it's the Chinese buffet scroll calendars you hand out moron!

First off, this is a great post and you touch on so many issues. However, there are 2 points that I'd disagree with you on: Goro being the problem and the cost of replacing reps.

Goro is a problem, there is no doubt about that. But the bigger problem at Centurion is the owner that pays Goro to forward emails all day, while not providing any real solutions to overcoming a 3% market share. It's the Regional Directors, who are only concerned about covering their own asses, and do nothing to develop reps, except to tell them to call other reps. It's the "senior reps" and mentors that when another rep approaches them with an issue, i.e. lack of contracts, they can't wait to go tell corporate or the Regional Director. What really cracks me up is the complete arrogance that Centurion has, when they are such a minor player in the market. Every chance they get, management want to dog Tegaderm, well Tegaderm has been eating your lunch for the past 20 years. Put that one in your Centurion Stories binder.

There really isn't a cost to replace the reps, because there is no investment in new reps. Training is below sub par, almost non-existent. Unless you consider training a week of listening to "senior management" talk about how great and successful they were as reps, and how the RD's paid for their kids college education out right. You have whole training classes not even lasting 6 months in some cases, and the company doesn't even bat an eye. A former rep just pointed out that the more this company turns over reps, the more profitable the territory is. Think about it...Rep A leaves, Rep B is hired at a far lower base salary and doesn't get commissions on anything that Rep A sold. Rep A's business grows or at a minimum is mantained and Centurion doesn't pay out a comission on it. Rep B leaves and Rep C doesn't get paid on anything from Rep A or B.

I'm trying to follow the lead of the reps that are leaving left and right, because things will only get worse here with the sales funnel, more reports, more manager and corportate intervention, etc.

Unfortunately, this post is spot on. The Regional directors are so un-motivating. I am so tired of hearing how they've made so much money etc... I hate listening to their stories and even their points of view. And the BO from mine makes me cringe. I can't wait to leave.

And you are 100% correct on the turnover. As we've noticed, they love finding ways to hold back commissions you've earned. Good luck. You need it here.

I can't believe I found this post. I haven't been working for CMP but for a little under a year. I only talk to one other rep because idk who's going to run back and tell their RD, etc. etc. All of these posts are confirming my fears that I've been feeling. I swear to Christ, if I get told to close a kitter one more time, I'm gonna drop kick somebody. I'd literally rather not close a deal with a hospital, opposed to getting $0.07/dressing for the SHIELD. Would you like to take me out back and kick me in the nuts too? I'm in process of relieving Cardinal of some kits at a couple different hospitals. Any takers on how fast I either A. get fired B. get yelled at for "stealing their business" or C. have some cunt of a competitor rep complain to the point where the product gets pulled?

If my largest hospital purchased PIV SHIELD through a kitter, it'd gross ~$8,000/year commission, while Centurion would gross ~$395,000/year. Can anyone explain why the commission rate is such a crock of shit for the kitter sales? Let's not forget that these kitter reps receive bonuses for including our products, are incentivized to steal our kits from facilities, AND get commission on the entire kit. Yet, here we are, $0.10/dressing.

If my largest hospital purchased PIV SHIELD through a kitter, it'd gross ~$8,000/year commission, while Centurion would gross ~$395,000/year. Can anyone explain why the commission rate is such a crock of shit for the kitter sales? Let's not forget that these kitter reps receive bonuses for including our products, are incentivized to steal our kits from facilities, AND get commission on the entire kit. Yet, here we are, $0.10/dressing.

Have you thought about embracing the challenge and using the Challenger sales approach? According to the regional Directors in management it's guaranteed to work every time

Your math must be off. An $8k commission, 10 cents at a time is 80,000 dressings. You claim CMP would gross $395k, that would be 80k dressings x $5 a dressing. 120K gross is probably more accurate. How did you ever pass that ridiculously hard competency test we took last fall?

Your math must be off. An $8k commission, 10 cents at a time is 80,000 dressings. You claim CMP would gross $395k, that would be 80k dressings x $5 a dressing. 120K gross is probably more accurate. How did you ever pass that ridiculously hard competency test we took last fall?

Centurion University has low standards. Just look at the faculty and the job that they have been doing.