• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Biogen to Layoff 1000

Well, white Christian males caused the mess so…..

(I love how white men always leave that part out when they complain about diversity, as though they haven’t been running things for the past 300 years!)

“We caused the mess, but getting rid of women and minorities will allow us to clean it up!”

Your last quote is 1,000% correct, except the “We caused the mess” part.

Face pubes Sandrock is already on the way out, so it’s only 999.

If you use Clancy math where a VP counts as 4 or whatever it was, Al probably count for at least ten. Between dumping Al, Michel, Galdes
, Alisha, Chirfi, etc, you probably drop to 950. Then you can make Biogen better by probably covering the delta with all the svps and vps. Probably wouldnt lose any actual work and not much talent by dumping them all. And the immediate improvement in culture might be momentous

The 1000 number is a joke. The author of STAT simply is trying to cause a stir. Alzheimer's is not gone. They have promised the world this is an area of focus. So this doomed drug will be around a bit more and then more focus on future pipeline. Layoffs will be in the 300-400 range.

You don’t keep reps around because you have a pipeline. You hire and fire on a whim based on short term need. No drug=no job.

I was so hopeful that my job selling Aduhelm would be the highlight of my career. Instead a seasoned sales force was treated like primary care. This added to the agony of having no outcomes data. I hate to say it, but put Aduhelm to rest.

I was so hopeful that my job selling Aduhelm would be the highlight of my career. Instead a seasoned sales force was treated like primary care. This added to the agony of having no outcomes data. I hate to say it, but put Aduhelm to rest.

Highlight? Do reps take a job without doing a simple google search.

“A seasoned Sales Force”?

You mean a bunch of Big Pharma, annoying, Market Message Spewing, Robots that ruined the company’s reputation and access in most major accounts across the country?

We used to be the leaders, now we’re the joke of the industry. Big Pharma with a Biotech name! Looking forward to all of you going back to selling cholesterol meds!

Biogen has replied to inquiries with a “No Comment”.

No message to the workforce to settle anyone’s mind.

You would think if it were not true, then they would say so (as they have done in the past). This is really bad news for everyone. There are no jobs in this company that are safe right now.

Biogen Stock continues to sink. The Fat Cat executives that put us in this situation continue to call the shots and push out, oops I mean “Retire” respected medical thought leaders from the ranks, (hey, but how about that pipeline?).

But, make sure you are all on your diversity calls today, and be sure to order your Tesla because that’s what is most important right now.

Merry Christmas everyone!

“A seasoned Sales Force”?

You mean a bunch of Big Pharma, annoying, Market Message Spewing, Robots that ruined the company’s reputation and access in most major accounts across the country?

We used to be the leaders, now we’re the joke of the industry. Big Pharma with a Biotech name! Looking forward to all of you going back to selling cholesterol meds!

There are some very talented people on that team but the ones you describe overshadow the good ones.

But that is what the company wanted. They thought Adu was going to be prescribed so much that it would be all they could do to keep up with number of patients. It probably would have had we not priced it 3 times more than we should have.

True on all accounts and good people will remain miserable because of loudmouth suck ups who do literally nothing and are aligned with the right people. Layoff will be a relief.