• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Biogen Layoff Tracker

So I felt badly when I lost my job and then when I heard all the managers did too I felt pretty good. As a whole, most of them were horrific. Never led a team before and had no idea how to launch a product. Micromanaged, no integrity and completely useless. My customers didn’t want mine in my accounts but I was afraid to say anything because of their tremendous ego! One colleague did and was tortured as a result.
Good luck to my colleagues and friends who also were laid off.

So I felt badly when I lost my job and then when I heard all the managers did too I felt pretty good. As a whole, most of them were horrific. Never led a team before and had no idea how to launch a product. Micromanaged, no integrity and completely useless. My customers didn’t want mine in my accounts but I was afraid to say anything because of their tremendous ego! One colleague did and was tortured as a result.

I'm sorry you lost your job, but that's pretty awful to be happy that all of the managers lost their jobs. Plus, most of them will be able to get their jobs back if they want them. Plenty of them were not horrific. 3 out of 5 in our Zone were pretty amazing, at least according to all of their reps. The other 2, not so much. 1 was just OK and the other was awful. Hopefully the good ones will get their jobs back if they want them. Our Zone director was nice, but didn't serve much of a purpose. Even if this drug turned out to be the blockbuster that they anticipated, the new size and structure of the business unit is better and all that was needed. The silos the old structure created were ridiculous. Unfortunately, its all pretty pointless. Even if the NCD does change for the better, there is little hope for this drug with the upcoming competition and the incompetence of upper leadership.

Im pretty sure you didn’t know many managers at all, but the fact that you feel inclined to be happy that they lost their jobs and say terrible things about people you don’t know says a lot of about you and your character. Good luck in your next job. I’m glad you won’t be working alongside me anymore.

Leadership and lack thereof is what caused this train wreck. Managers didn’t push back hard enough or lead appropriately. They were too busy kissing ass.

Biogen can blame the media all they want but if there had been a true strategy and good leadership the execution would have stifled the media! Instead, they fueled it CONSTANTLY with one poor decision after another.

Leadership and lack thereof is what caused this train wreck. Managers didn’t push back hard enough or lead appropriately. They were too busy kissing ass.

Biogen can blame the media all they want but if there had been a true strategy and good leadership the execution would have stifled the media! Instead, they fueled it CONSTANTLY with one poor decision after another.

Let’s just acknowledge the truth here: Aduhelm isn’t nearly as good as we hoped and acted like it was. The only thing we have going for us is that, for now, there is zero competition. We can reorg and change strategy and develop new marketing pieces, etc, etc…but, what we’re left with is a product that doesn’t promise good enough results. Period.

So, you can quit casting blame at everyone besides yourself and quit pretending that managers ‘pushing back’ (whatever that’s supposed to mean) would have made this a blockbuster launch. What we’ll see on the other side of this layoff/reorg is the same thing we saw before - unmotivated accounts and customers.

Let’s just acknowledge the truth here: Aduhelm isn’t nearly as good as we hoped and acted like it was. The only thing we have going for us is that, for now, there is zero competition. We can reorg and change strategy and develop new marketing pieces, etc, etc…but, what we’re left with is a product that doesn’t promise good enough results. Period.

So, you can quit casting blame at everyone besides yourself and quit pretending that managers ‘pushing back’ (whatever that’s supposed to mean) would have made this a blockbuster launch. What we’ll see on the other side of this layoff/reorg is the same thing we saw before - unmotivated accounts and customers.

oh, bullshit. The other poster is right. Maybe it wouldn’t have been a blockbuster, but it wouldn’t be the shit show that it is. If they had given discounts to IDNs the concerns of clinical meaningfulness and safety wouldn’t be an issue. It’s all about the money. Why do you think a lot of researchers are against it? It screws with their studies. Hell, if Biogen had lowered the price to appease the advocacy groups do that they would push back on the negative press and attacks the naysayers it would be a different ballgame. Biogen was too arrogant and too greedy. They alienated virtually everyone. That’s why there is no reason to stay. They will continue to completely fuck this up even with a better NCD.

oh, bullshit. The other poster is right. Maybe it wouldn’t have been a blockbuster, but it wouldn’t be the shit show that it is. If they had given discounts to IDNs the concerns of clinical meaningfulness and safety wouldn’t be an issue. It’s all about the money. Why do you think a lot of researchers are against it? It screws with their studies. Hell, if Biogen had lowered the price to appease the advocacy groups do that they would push back on the negative press and attacks the naysayers it would be a different ballgame. Biogen was too arrogant and too greedy. They alienated virtually everyone. That’s why there is no reason to stay. They will continue to completely fuck this up even with a better NCD.

You’re talking about corporate decisions. My comments were about managers pushing back. Regardless, the product has severely spotty clinical data at best, and we still don’t have a published clinical trial. It’s a joke. You can say it’s about money, but this has been about efficacy since Day 1 - hence the 10-0 vote by the Adcom before we even announced a pricing strategy. You’re correct in saying that Biogen has been arrogant and greedy - asking anyone to reimburse anything in regards to Adu would be considered arrogant and greedy. They could cut the price to $200/year, and utilization would still be minimal. It doesn’t work, and half the people on it get brain swelling & bleeding. The idea of Adu is way better than the reality of Adu.