• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Biogen to Layoff 1000

I was so hopeful that my job selling Aduhelm would be the highlight of my career. Instead a seasoned sales force was treated like primary care. This added to the agony of having no outcomes data. I hate to say it, but put Aduhelm to rest.

First of all what outcomes data did you expect and why did you expect any? Outcomes for AD has never come with the launch of an AD drug (ie delayed time to nursing home). Secondly, every person on knew what the dara was like when they signed on.

AND STILL NO WORD FROM LEADERSHIP TO THE WORKFORCE TELLING US THAT THiS IS NOT AN ACCURATE REPORT!

If you guys aren’t actively looking right now you’re making a big mistake. Nobody is safe, in any division.

Sadly, the people that caused this big mess, (Michel, Alisha, etc) are still sitting in their offices making bags of money. Thank god I sold my BIogen stock at $327 because with these clowns running the circus, there is little to no hope of a change of the downward trend in stock price for the foreseeable future.

I hope they and our board can sleep well at night and have a joyous Holiday season because there are thousands that are not thanks to their direct actions.

AND STILL NO WORD FROM LEADERSHIP TO THE WORKFORCE TELLING US THAT THiS IS NOT AN ACCURATE REPORT!

If you guys aren’t actively looking right now you’re making a big mistake. Nobody is safe, in any division.

Sadly, the people that caused this big mess, (Michel, Alisha, etc) are still sitting in their offices making bags of money. Thank god I sold my BIogen stock at $327 because with these clowns running the circus, there is little to no hope of a change of the downward trend in stock price for the foreseeable future.

I hope they and our board can sleep well at night and have a joyous Holiday season because there are thousands that are not thanks to their direct actions.

They aren’t going to deny it. Michel’s email pretty much confirmed that there will be layoffs. The budget for next year isn’t approved, yet, so no one really knows the number. Michel’s head is on the chopping block, so I’m sure that he doesn’t care about anything other than saving his butt.

Those that didn’t leave the nano second their sign on expired are…I dunno retiring, retarded, demented?

One has to assume every current employee has told their family there is a chance they are getting laid off. Because that is the truth.

Those that didn’t leave the nano second their sign on expired are…I dunno retiring, retarded, demented?

One has to assume every current employee has told their family there is a chance they are getting laid off. Because that is the truth.

Your comments are accurate. However, there are several employees in a situation where their sign-on hasn't expired yet and they have to deal with terrible idiots in leadership roles like Chris B, who doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself. Should we all share what our favorite Christmas song is?

They aren’t going to deny it. Michel’s email pretty much confirmed that there will be layoffs. The budget for next year isn’t approved, yet, so no one really knows the number. Michel’s head is on the chopping block, so I’m sure that he doesn’t care about anything other than saving his butt.

What about Michel's email specifically that suggests layoffs?

The 1000 number is a joke. The author of STAT simply is trying to cause a stir. Alzheimer's is not gone. They have promised the world this is an area of focus. So this doomed drug will be around a bit more and then more focus on future pipeline. Layoffs will be in the 300-400 range.
This didn’t age well!