Beginning of the end

Correction: Many employees in Genentech lack awareness to improve. It’s true they are arrogant. I’m sure it also is a trait in Roche, as well. But more so with Genentech. If I hear anyone from Genentech say they work there. I’m going to spit on their face. And it’s a social justice soy boy or soy girl that Genentech produces from their phony culture.

Huh???

I was at GNE for 19 years in several franchises. Left last year, glad to be gone from a toxic environment, and happy with my new company. That being said, for most of the years at GNE I was proud of the company and its reputation in the disease states I represented. Some of the finest professional people I've ever worked with were at GNE and some still remain. Yes, there was arrogance and jerks but I ignored that type when possible. What remains are lifelong friendships with people who have respect for each other. Creative, intelligent, generous, and caring people....that was the 'old' GNE and I'm very thankful to have been a part of it. Nothing lasts forever. Enjoy the ride, associate with quality people, act with integrity and know when to leave. I will always be grateful for my time at the original GNE. It was one of a kind and probably never to be repeated. RIP DNA!

I was at GNE for 19 years in several franchises. Left last year, glad to be gone from a toxic environment, and happy with my new company. That being said, for most of the years at GNE I was proud of the company and its reputation in the disease states I represented. Some of the finest professional people I've ever worked with were at GNE and some still remain. Yes, there was arrogance and jerks but I ignored that type when possible. What remains are lifelong friendships with people who have respect for each other. Creative, intelligent, generous, and caring people....that was the 'old' GNE and I'm very thankful to have been a part of it. Nothing lasts forever. Enjoy the ride, associate with quality people, act with integrity and know when to leave. I will always be grateful for my time at the original GNE. It was one of a kind and probably never to be repeated. RIP DNA!
Truth.

I was there 18 yrs and feel the same way. While unfortunate that things have changed the way they have, change was bound to happen. I enjoyed what I had there and it was the best thing that could have ever happen to me. When I look at it now, I don't recognize the place but, I wish everyone there a gust future and, don't be afraid to look outside of Genentech, it's not that different anymore.

The real talent was 15 years ago. Everyone now is mostly nonessential. The place is a joke. It’s no different from high school USA. Except people are getting over grossly paid from ripping off patients for years. Something is going to give and that’s mass layoffs in wholesale. Buh bye!

You can make a strong argument that used car reps sell more. Make quotas and offer more value than the traditional oncology rep who may not know what their customers look like.

It was a good party while it lasted. I'm sure Ken and Barbie will be looking for the next scam to do nothing for high compensation...

I’m being let go after 4 years here. I should have been more prepared. One things for sure, I will never vote Democrat again. To make a long story short. I use to work for a good telecom firm in SF. At the time, I voted for Gavin Newsome. My job moved because he raised taxes. In fact, many companies moved out of the city. Fast forward to today, I voted for Gavin Newsome for Governor. Now, I lost my job again. I believe A LOT of companies and jobs are moving out of state. Shame on me.

I’m being let go after 4 years here. I should have been more prepared. One things for sure, I will never vote Democrat again. To make a long story short. I use to work for a good telecom firm in SF. At the time, I voted for Gavin Newsome. My job moved because he raised taxes. In fact, many companies moved out of the city. Fast forward to today, I voted for Gavin Newsome for Governor. Now, I lost my job again. I believe A LOT of companies and jobs are moving out of state. Shame on me.
When you keep doing the same thing expecting a different outcome, it is known as Insanity.

Sorry to hear of your job loss. Keep your head up! New days bring new opportunities.

It’s true. Check out the job boards. Genentech is doing a mass hiring out of state. They are quickly moving out of SSF. If you are walking to your next interview. Start running!

Live and learn always keep both of your feet moving forward. One foot moving for the company and one moving forward for your career. Alway vote for what best for your family or yourself..politicians are walking baloney sandwiches. Don’t blindly vote for any party that limits your ability to make choices in life independently from government.

Ex GNE here-sad to see these posts as it was once THE place to be in this industry. When I heard FSM is at MGM this year, it blew my mind. The dye is cast-my advice is find a new place before you get pushed out. Not all sales orgs have good opinion of GNE and it's tough on the outside after a layoff....