• Mon news: Pfizer wins legal patent battle over GSK. Hospitals face hurricane-induced IV shortages. Activist investor takes $1B stake in Pfizer. MicroRNA pioneers win Nobel. Jude Bio debuts with $100M. See more on our front page

Beginning of the end

Thinning the herd will be the #1 priority of Bill Anderson’s backfill at GNE. It will not be a sales friendly hire.

He /she will say all the right words for the first couple of months but don’t get comfortable, the axe will fall hard and the cuts will be deep.

Amen to that!

All of you who drank the Jim Jones Koolaid for years are going to get the real deal soon. How many thought the days of old would somehow reappear? Being delusional will be your downfall there. If you think it is going to be easy making a move out, keep an open mind, the pharma world is changing and it will be harder to land a job if you’re at the top of a pay band there.

All of you who drank the Jim Jones Koolaid for years are going to get the real deal soon. How many thought the days of old would somehow reappear? Being delusional will be your downfall there. If you think it is going to be easy making a move out, keep an open mind, the pharma world is changing and it will be harder to land a job if you’re at the top of a pay band there.

If you can leave, go soon. Once you are laid off, you have nothing to negotiate with when talking with prospective employers.

Not to mention the increased competition you will face with peers who have nearly identical resumes if you wait until you are forced out.

Severance will be light because revenue will be steadily declining.

If you have 19 years, most likely they are pressuring you to get out, unless your a diversity employee. I heard the pressure will ratchet up full throttle in 2019. They aren’t paying out severance packs like they used to. Good luck.

Dan O’Day had 20 years with Roche and he saw the handwriting on the wall.

Be aggressive or get trampled.

No worries! We still got the ‘Ho Ho’s’ , to drink our problems away and get blasted drunk!! I never understood why Genentech promoted alcoholism among its workforce. Oh well, maybe because we’re big pharma?

Aggressive in the job search.

Pipeline be damned the company is facing massive changes in 2019.

Get out or get crushed.
Long time relationship with Oncology Director of Pharmacy in big institution. Advised me to start looking because they will be making changes quickly to cut costs. Will be taking her advise.

I can’t say Bill Anderson has no balls, but he sure has a small effeminate scrotum for letterman by the bloat increase in all their departments with nonessential workforce. All roads point to him for the failure of Genentech. Here’s a thought quit the social justice. SMH