• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Another Rheumatology Restructure

First, you don’t know shit. Nobody does, so STFU because you’re not scaring anyone with your prophecies.

Second, if you were qualified for or capable of landing a high-paying gig in rare disease somewhere else, why didn’t you? You probably can’t replace me.

Finally, most of the HZNP reps will be just fine - here or at another company. You, however, will always be miserable. Guaranteed.
BIG FAX

I'm close to someone who had a conversation with PM. He openly stated that they have way too many reps for the number of customers that they have. Considering what happened in Neuro, I wouldn't be surprised if inflammation is the next BU with MASSIVE layoffs, especially if Neuro maintains acceptable sales levels with a 70% reduction in the field. Pressure to cut costs is coming from the very top and the field is the biggest expense, by far. They paid way too much for Otezla years ago and more recently, Horizon. The IRA is going to reduce revenue considerably. In order to keep WallStreet happy, they have to keep reducing expenditures to hit their quarterly estimates. I'm not saying that you should panic, but it makes sense to start updating your resume and checking out other opportunities. They will keep promising that everything is fine and there won't be any cuts up until the day they tell you that you're gone. I've seen it happen way too many times.

I'm close to someone who had a conversation with PM. He openly stated that they have way too many reps for the number of customers that they have. Considering what happened in Neuro, I wouldn't be surprised if inflammation is the next BU with MASSIVE layoffs, especially if Neuro maintains acceptable sales levels with a 70% reduction in the field. Pressure to cut costs is coming from the very top and the field is the biggest expense, by far. They paid way too much for Otezla years ago and more recently, Horizon. The IRA is going to reduce revenue considerably. In order to keep WallStreet happy, they have to keep reducing expenditures to hit their quarterly estimates. I'm not saying that you should panic, but it makes sense to start updating your resume and checking out other opportunities. They will keep promising that everything is fine and there won't be any cuts up until the day they tell you that you're gone. I've seen it happen way too many times.

Talk to PM. Or talk to your friend...send a message to.PM. You don't get 20% year over year growth by laying people off. You get it by promoting and placing horizon leadership throughout your organization. You bought us for our people. Bitch.