• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Another Rheumatology Restructure

Fact- we just purchased 2 companies in the last year and those reps make significantly more than us. That definitely can cause all salaries to go up. "A high tide raises all ships".

And even if it doesn't we will at least have areas to transfer to that will pay higher salaries.

Fact: we are being brought in as KAMs, not regular reps, so our salaries will not be compared to yours.
Fact: Rare disease has always been paid much more than basic specialty sales.

Fact: we are being brought in as KAMs, not regular reps, so our salaries will not be compared to yours.

Op here- it doesn't mean that our higher wages won't open up opportunities for current Amgen employees. And it is definitely possible that they will look at the ranges they pay now for normal reps. Amgen is looking to be a leader in the biotechnology industry and not treating employees right will prevent that.

Op here- it doesn't mean that our higher wages won't open up opportunities for current Amgen employees. And it is definitely possible that they will look at the ranges they pay now for normal reps. Amgen is looking to be a leader in the biotechnology industry and not treating employees right will prevent that.
This is hilarious. Thanks for the chuckle.

Rare disease does but equal harder to sell…

Ask the Enbrel reps that just went thru the tavneos training. It’s a pill they sits on a receptor. It’s rare disease because it’s hard to diagnose and treat.

I hope for all that there is a bump in pay but honestly if not I am good where I sit and I think most people agree I’ll take my 150k and continue to push Enbrel P1 and hand off Tavneos to the “experts” who have zero relationships. Can’t wait to have my person try and jump on all my lunches.

Ask the Enbrel reps that just went thru the tavneos training. It’s a pill they sits on a receptor. It’s rare disease because it’s hard to diagnose and treat.

I hope for all that there is a bump in pay but honestly if not I am good where I sit and I think most people agree I’ll take my 150k and continue to push Enbrel P1 and hand off Tavneos to the “experts” who have zero relationships. Can’t wait to have my person try and jump on all my lunches.

haha your relationships with selling enbrel? All of us have the same relationships selling Tavneos. Most of us came from Rheumatology. And let's be honest if you can see them everyone can see them. And the Dr.'s that are anti rep complete no see aren't seeing anyone. I would never jump in on your lunch when I can just set my own.

Does any Dr, even want to meet with you regarding Enbrel?

And this is exactly why rare disease companies want to hire people with rare disease experience. The challenge is not in explaining the drug, dumb ass. You could not me more clueless.

And this is exactly why rare disease companies want to hire people with rare disease experience. The challenge is not in explaining the drug, dumb ass. You could not me more clueless.

You have no more experience than any other rep that’s been in the business for any period of time. You are a glorified paper pusher. Please use my specialty pharmacy and use my form. Otherwise you can’t get it. I’ve heard the coversations between the supposed KAMS and a physician. Sounds a lot like Enbrel.
But you missed my point to start with. I hope with your inflated salary everyone might benefit.
But if the quarterly goal continues to be under 500 and with the Enbrel sales team selling it you may be without a job soon.
So congrats to you and your rare disease experience. Guess what that’s on my resume now.

You have no more experience than any other rep that’s been in the business for any period of time. You are a glorified paper pusher. Please use my specialty pharmacy and use my form. Otherwise you can’t get it. I’ve heard the coversations between the supposed KAMS and a physician. Sounds a lot like Enbrel.
But you missed my point to start with. I hope with your inflated salary everyone might benefit.
But if the quarterly goal continues to be under 500 and with the Enbrel sales team selling it you may be without a job soon.
So congrats to you and your rare disease experience. Guess what that’s on my resume now.

haha. Except Krystexxa doesn't go through a specialty pharmacy. I doubt most on the enbrel team has a "big picture" knowledge of the landscape to be successful. Like the previous poster said its not about selling the drug benefits. But your post screams you don't get it. And in an interview it won't matter what is on your resume.

And btw I'm fine if Amgen cuts me. This buyout is life changing money wise as I haven't sold any shares in 6 years and max out on ESP. And if they keep me I'll get to educate Enbrel reps like yourself while I likely double dip at another job.

haha. Except Krystexxa doesn't go through a specialty pharmacy. I doubt most on the enbrel team has a "big picture" knowledge of the landscape to be successful. Like the previous poster said its not about selling the drug benefits. But your post screams you don't get it. And in an interview it won't matter what is on your resume.

And btw I'm fine if Amgen cuts me. This buyout is life changing money wise as I haven't sold any shares in 6 years and max out on ESP. And if they keep me I'll get to educate Enbrel reps like yourself while I likely double dip at another job.
4f363d2a-fd71-434d-a13b-db0edf77da72_text.gif

WRONG! It is the agreement that we will keep our base & target IC which is $16k a quarter. I’m so over you Amgen people thinking that you know a damn thing. The Chemocentryx reps are keeping their target IC, too - $50k/yr.

https://ir.horizontherapeutics.com/static-files/ccfaf8ae-e354-494f-b0da-a71edc9765cb#page21

From the preliminary proxy statement filed with the SEC

“Employee Matters

From the effective time through the first anniversary of the effective time (the “Continuation Period”), Amgen will provide, or will cause Acquirer Sub to provide (i) each continuing Horizon employee with a base salary or hourly rate no less favorable than as provided immediately prior to the effective time, (ii) each continuing Horizon employee with a target annual or quarterly cash bonus, incentive compensation (excluding any special, retention or one-time award opportunities), and commissions opportunities (as applicable) that are no less favorable than that in effect immediately prior to the effective time, and (iii) for continuing Horizon employees as a group, employee benefits that are no less favorable in the aggregate than those provided to similarly-situated employees of Amgen and its subsidiaries. For purposes of clause (iii), any equity, defined benefit pension plans, nonqualified deferred compensation plans, retiree health or welfare benefits, post-termination health or welfare benefits and retention or change in control payments or awards will not be taken into account.”

Your contract is for one year, then we will terminate you and replace you at 40% cost. This is temporary, you are temporary… we only want your drug, not you.

Fact- we just purchased 2 companies in the last year and those reps make significantly more than us. That definitely can cause all salaries to go up. "A high tide raises all ships".

And even if it doesn't we will at least have areas to transfer to that will pay higher salaries.

We always level to the lowest denomination, always the worst paid in the industry.

Since this merger has been announced, I have surveyed my rheumatology offices. 90% say they never see an Enbrel rep. Ever. If they want anything, they have to call their old Celgene rep and rely the message. they do say the Enbrel reps send EZCater regularly, but the reps don't show up. Just ask for a sign in sheet to be emailed.

I hope I get cut.

Your contract is for one year, then we will terminate you and replace you at 40% cost. This is temporary, you are temporary… we only want your drug, not you.

First, you don’t know shit. Nobody does, so STFU because you’re not scaring anyone with your prophecies.

Second, if you were qualified for or capable of landing a high-paying gig in rare disease somewhere else, why didn’t you? You probably can’t replace me.

Finally, most of the HZNP reps will be just fine - here or at another company. You, however, will always be miserable. Guaranteed.