• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Another Rheumatology Restructure

You'll be understanding facts better once you are unemployed. Sucker. You started on third base but think you hit a triple.

Oooooh, good come back. Burn! Lol! Yeah, I’m sure that your experience selling your common disease specialty pharmacy drug has made you quite the expert in the rare disease space.

Your account managers don't have FCR's and trackers. I wouldn't expect your new rare disease division to either. Same level at every other company and will be here too.

You will have trackers...for Dr.'s and in your car. Plus, you will be on call after call after call and micromanaged. You will be hated for making 50K more than we all are too.

You will have trackers...for Dr.'s and in your car. Plus, you will be on call after call after call and micromanaged. You will be hated for making 50K more than we all are too.

blah, blah, blah. I’ve heard it all before. If it’s really that bad, why do you put up with it? Go out and get PAID!

I’ll tell you right now, if they reduce my bonus, I’ll be out the door and on to the next emerging biotech. Track me/hate me all you want!

I dont think we will be hated. Maybe looked up to for our knowledge of this industry. Many of us have dm experience and will immediately look for leadership roles.

blah, blah, blah. I’ve heard it all before. If it’s really that bad, why do you put up with it? Go out and get PAID!

I’ll tell you right now, if they reduce my bonus, I’ll be out the door and on to the next emerging biotech. Track me/hate me all you want!

Your target IC will stay the same for a year - see the preliminary proxy statement. That being said, I doubt there will be crazy big bonuses anymore, though.

I dont think we will be hated. Maybe looked up to for our knowledge of this industry. Many of us have dm experience and will immediately look for leadership roles.

I don’t know who you think you’re speaking for, but I have DM experience and have no desire for a leadership role. I also don’t know anyone else in my BU off hand who has DM experience (not doubting that there are SOME).

Good luck finding another job. Your BONUS will be reduced. You are delusional if you think it won't. Amgen does NOT pay big bonuses. The most you would make is double target which is $17 K or and VERY FEW MAKE that. I"ve been here for over 10 years. You are not making the bonuses you were at your company. Welcome to the PARTAY here.

And we will track you.

I barely work. I'm in NuBu. WE were told many of us will be gone. I'm literally falsifying several calls a day as are all of the peers I speak with. NO one's worked in 2.5 months. They are not looking at us as we are going to be let go. So I won't go out and work. It's great money for doing nothing. Gym, soccer, taking kids to school and out for ice cream. It's a great gig and someone gets to have it.

Good luck finding another job. Your BONUS will be reduced. You are delusional if you think it won't. Amgen does NOT pay big bonuses. The most you would make is double target which is $17 K or and VERY FEW MAKE that. I"ve been here for over 10 years. You are not making the bonuses you were at your company. Welcome to the PARTAY here.

And we will track you.

WRONG! It is the agreement that we will keep our base & target IC which is $16k a quarter. I’m so over you Amgen people thinking that you know a damn thing. The Chemocentryx reps are keeping their target IC, too - $50k/yr.

https://ir.horizontherapeutics.com/static-files/ccfaf8ae-e354-494f-b0da-a71edc9765cb#page21

From the preliminary proxy statement filed with the SEC

“Employee Matters

From the effective time through the first anniversary of the effective time (the “Continuation Period”), Amgen will provide, or will cause Acquirer Sub to provide (i) each continuing Horizon employee with a base salary or hourly rate no less favorable than as provided immediately prior to the effective time, (ii) each continuing Horizon employee with a target annual or quarterly cash bonus, incentive compensation (excluding any special, retention or one-time award opportunities), and commissions opportunities (as applicable) that are no less favorable than that in effect immediately prior to the effective time, and (iii) for continuing Horizon employees as a group, employee benefits that are no less favorable in the aggregate than those provided to similarly-situated employees of Amgen and its subsidiaries. For purposes of clause (iii), any equity, defined benefit pension plans, nonqualified deferred compensation plans, retiree health or welfare benefits, post-termination health or welfare benefits and retention or change in control payments or awards will not be taken into account.”

WRONG! It is the agreement that we will keep our base & target IC which is $16k a quarter. I’m so over you Amgen people thinking that you know a damn thing. The Chemocentryx reps are keeping their target IC, too - $50k/yr.

https://ir.horizontherapeutics.com/static-files/ccfaf8ae-e354-494f-b0da-a71edc9765cb#page21

From the preliminary proxy statement filed with the SEC

“Employee Matters

From the effective time through the first anniversary of the effective time (the “Continuation Period”), Amgen will provide, or will cause Acquirer Sub to provide (i) each continuing Horizon employee with a base salary or hourly rate no less favorable than as provided immediately prior to the effective time, (ii) each continuing Horizon employee with a target annual or quarterly cash bonus, incentive compensation (excluding any special, retention or one-time award opportunities), and commissions opportunities (as applicable) that are no less favorable than that in effect immediately prior to the effective time, and (iii) for continuing Horizon employees as a group, employee benefits that are no less favorable in the aggregate than those provided to similarly-situated employees of Amgen and its subsidiaries. For purposes of clause (iii), any equity, defined benefit pension plans, nonqualified deferred compensation plans, retiree health or welfare benefits, post-termination health or welfare benefits and retention or change in control payments or awards will not be taken into account.”

oh, simple one...I was once with Celgene...had almost the same language when I came over....here's what happens....the first year, you keep the money but they start to whittle you down with 3 standing teleconferences a week, none of which are needed....you will have multiple meetings a year, again not needed.....you will be forced into the management fad of the year.....when I first got here it was 4DX and that's all my Amgen Enbrel manager talked....it's now SLII and OFTEN.....all for show.....before you know it the protection time will be over, you'll look around....and you will be big Pharma.....that's right....big Pharma with a 1995 theme.....best advice is to latch on to buzzwords and use them in praise of your manager and 2 levels above....good luck drone.....

oh, simple one...I was once with Celgene...had almost the same language when I came over....here's what happens....the first year, you keep the money but they start to whittle you down with 3 standing teleconferences a week, none of which are needed....you will have multiple meetings a year, again not needed.....you will be forced into the management fad of the year.....when I first got here it was 4DX and that's all my Amgen Enbrel manager talked....it's now SLII and OFTEN.....all for show.....before you know it the protection time will be over, you'll look around....and you will be big Pharma.....that's right....big Pharma with a 1995 theme.....best advice is to latch on to buzzwords and use them in praise of your manager and 2 levels above....good luck drone.....

The entire industry is the same. Just different extremes I guess. As long as I'm keeping my 217k base and can make 16k a qtr by hitting a goal- I'm good. If something better comes along great... no matter what I make 60k or more a year than the Enbrel reps. I'll do the teleconferences from the golf course.

What do you people not understand about the fact that we don’t care about teleconferences and meetings. Not only do we have some of that now, but most of us have already been in the big pharma world - many times. We will be just fine, sweetie. We will all be on those calls with our fake smiles while we sit on our phones scrolling through social media or texting our teammates about what a waste of time it is. The only difference is that we WILL be making a lot more money than the rest of you, contrary to all of BS that Amgen reps spew on here about what will and won’t happen to us….like that our target bonus will be lowered. Is that simple enough for you?

What do you people not understand about the fact that we don’t care about teleconferences and meetings. Not only do we have some of that now, but most of us have already been in the big pharma world - many times. We will be just fine, sweetie. We will all be on those calls with our fake smiles while we sit on our phones scrolling through social media or texting our teammates about what a waste of time it is. The only difference is that we WILL be making a lot more money than the rest of you, contrary to all of BS that Amgen reps spew on here about what will and won’t happen to us….like that our target bonus will be lowered. Is that simple enough for you?

son, you are cute. I made $75k a year in equity as a rep at Celgene. At Amgen, it will take me a decade to make that. you will keep your base, but you will not get another raise. you will get a "lump sum" because according to Agmen HR, you are paid "above market".

keep trying to be cute, it's ok. reality is coming.

just learn the buzzwords and tell your manager their FCR is transformational in your DOT success

son, you are cute. I made $75k a year in equity as a rep at Celgene. At Amgen, it will take me a decade to make that. you will keep your base, but you will not get another raise. you will get a "lump sum" because according to Agmen HR, you are paid "above market".

just learn the buzzwords and tell your manager their FCR is transformational in your DOT success

You sold an oral medicine that any monkey could sell. Thus you probably were over paid. Good for you. We are paid much more because we sell an infusion in the rare disease space. At 205k base...65k bonus at plan and another 30k in equity a year you could easily argue we are underpaid. But since everyone was making way more than 65k bonus people stuck around at horizon.

The above is why we are keeping our base and target bonus and being brought over as KAMs. Big difference in the money and responsibility...and a huge difference in what we bring into Amgen profit wise.

It's just not apples to apples...now get back to selling your oral and hope for that next big formulary win.

Same loser has been crying for years and nothing has changed
Get some ambition and fix your career instead of crying like a bitch

I don’t understand because Horizon reps have always been regarded the elite or the best-of-the best so why the change in attitude towards them. I think we can learn a lot from them around rare disease and selling. I’m excited for this next adventure

I don’t understand because Horizon reps have always been regarded the elite or the best-of-the best so why the change in attitude towards them. I think we can learn a lot from them around rare disease and selling. I’m excited for this next adventure
lol, obviously from a delusional Horizon rep...elite, best of the best...thats funny stuff

I've sold Enbrel for 13 years... and honestly I'm excited because I think this will usher in higher wages for all of us. And opens the possibility of being able to stay in Rheum but also get rare disease experience.