• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

Abbott Vascular Clonmel

That's almost as bad as someone stealing my car space near security after i went to the shop for the world's greasiest roll today and i had to park down the back and walk (walk!!) 90 seconds to get through security
Abbott need more handi*ap spaces in the car parks. It is unfair that us degenerates have to walk so far :( before waddling in to the slave camp.

Sound on the lines?! You joking me? I’m a newbie in Vc, the arseholes in there is shocking, constantly complaining about everything and pure toxic. every so often I hear clapping and cheering, what’s that about? I think it’s the main line, it’s like the Muppet show!!
Heard this tbf. VC vs DES .. LETS DO IT.

Starting very soon, technicians will be forced into different roles. The reason being, following the recent line shutdowns and operator lay-offs, there are too many techs. On the other hand, Abbott has a massive shortage of engineering/project based staff due to the excessively high attrition rate over the years.

So the techs will be made to take these horrible jobs, usually meaning an immediate loss of shift rate (at least 20%), put on salary where they will be expected to work at least 50 hour weeks, not get paid overtime, be forced to complete endless project after project before possibly getting sick of it and quitting. Just like so many engineers before them.

The sickening thing is that Abbott HOPES for them to quit so they will a) not need to pay any severance package and b) avoid bad publicity in the media.

Disgusting company that has gone downhill MASSIVELY in the last few years, coinciding with Mr C's arrival in the mid 2000's. During the boom years when staff was scarce, this place couldn't do enough for you. Now that the country's doomed, Abbott is capatalising on this and trying to force people out the door without needing to pay them off.

It says a lot when the only new engineers hired in the last 3 or 4 years have been grads straight out of college with no experience. Nobody internally or external people with experience will touch the place. And even then, the college grads are only staying for a year or two to gain experience before leaving. I assume they leave to go work for a company that respects people. In fact, I think the longest serving DES engineer is there about 2 years and in a large department that's been in service over 10 years, that's shocking.

Make NO mistake, their propaganda aside, Abbott Clonmel is there to pump out numbers first and foremost. Quality is secondary.

I hope for redundancy but honestly believe it will never happen for non-production staff and people will just continually leave with nothing, but broken and dis-spirited, much to the delight of the elite in-human robots at the top of the chain. RIP Abbott.

ps. everything mentioned above that people setting fire to toilets, sh!tting in urinals and leaving sh!t on the cleanroom floor, is actual true. You have to ask yourself what kind of company drives their employees to such strange lengths?
Could you write a book next time.

Hi all, your Abbott vascular union rep here. First of all, could the person sending me Deirdre Mullins phone number please stop. I keep trying to talk to her but she keeps telling me she's busy.

I will be holding a meeting in the DES disability toilets on Thursday at 2:30pm sharp for New weekend shift hires. All welcome. A notebook and pen are needed.

Thank you, stay safe.

Hi all, your Abbott vascular union rep here. First of all, could the person sending me Deirdre Mullins phone number please stop. I keep trying to talk to her but she keeps telling me she's busy.

I will be holding a meeting in the DES disability toilets on Thursday at 2:30pm sharp for New weekend shift hires. All welcome. A notebook and pen are needed.

Thank you, stay safe.
Hi could you change this time from 2:30 ? This is usually my poo time.

IM DONE WITH AL U WASTERS , STAY OOT OF MY WAY NOW IN DES OR GET ROCKED … SIMPLE AND FUCK U ALL IN CLONMEL … BUMCH OF SNAKE WHO WUD DO NOTN IN MY TOWN , WHINGE BAGS , BIG CRY BABYS COME TO A REEL TOWN AND WE SEE HOW LUNG YU LAST IN MY WORLD.

IM DONE WITH AL U WASTERS , STAY OOT OF MY WAY NOW IN DES OR GET ROCKED … SIMPLE AND FUCK U ALL IN CLONMEL … BUMCH OF SNAKE WHO WUD DO NOTN IN MY TOWN , WHINGE BAGS , BIG CRY BABYS COME TO A REEL TOWN AND WE SEE HOW LUNG YU LAST IN MY WORLD.
Where is that lad gone who wud slag this fella whenever he said something stupid ? Gud times, Dylexic william wallace had me creasing

Hi is this normal ? I am a concerned worker in Abbott Vascular Vessel Closure. I have just been for a walk with my dog up the woods of Carey’s Castle at approx 8pm. I will not Mention names but Lithuanian Ken I will call him … And the blonde fethard barbie… both from VC , where I work. Should I tell This man’s wife in DES that he has been cheating and I witnessed this? Please help as this is a genuine concern of mine. I am not sure how long this has been going on…

Hi is this normal ? I am a concerned worker in Abbott Vascular Vessel Closure. I have just been for a walk with my dog up the woods of Carey’s Castle at approx 8pm. I will not Mention names but Lithuanian Ken I will call him … And the blonde fethard barbie… both from VC , where I work. Should I tell This man’s wife in DES that he has been cheating and I witnessed this? Please help as this is a genuine concern of mine. I am not sure how long this has been going on…
You're well well late to the party on that news.

I must say I admire people who have stuck that place out longer than 3 or 4 years but people with over 10+ years in the place. I have a genuine question for you. Why are you waisting your existence in that place? The backstabbing and throwing people to the wolves is actually horrific. They say they care about patient and quality is number one but that's a cock&bull story. It's all about numbers and the push, push to get more out of you. Then because they push shortcuts are taken, scrap goes through the roof and they hit you with incentive. One person does something wrong and they can't prove who did it they install collective punishment which is illegal under the Geneva convention by the way but they don't care lets get more out of them. Anything goes wrong then they make you walk a tightrope as the slittering snakes and crocodiles take chunks out of you. Its by far the worst place i have ever seen culturally it's a mess. What are ye at though seriously?

I must say I admire people who have stuck that place out longer than 3 or 4 years but people with over 10+ years in the place. I have a genuine question for you. Why are you waisting your existence in that place? The backstabbing and throwing people to the wolves is actually horrific. They say they care about patient and quality is number one but that's a cock&bull story. It's all about numbers and the push, push to get more out of you. Then because they push shortcuts are taken, scrap goes through the roof and they hit you with incentive. One person does something wrong and they can't prove who did it they install collective punishment which is illegal under the Geneva convention by the way but they don't care lets get more out of them. Anything goes wrong then they make you walk a tightrope as the slittering snakes and crocodiles take chunks out of you. Its by far the worst place i have ever seen culturally it's a mess. What are ye at though seriously?
Old-timers in there are on ridiculous amounts of money for the paltry amount of work they do. Promoted to the point of incompetence then, I don't even need to say who in DES.