abbott diabetics

Interesting. So ADC has $4.4B in Libre sales. DexCom G6 is a bit less than $2.0B in sales. Libre revenue is growing at about 40% per year. The Libre 3, with is better than the G6 and at least the same as the G7, is selling so fast ADC can't produce enough product. The G7 is still waiting for FDA approval and only has approval in about 6 countries. The Libre 3 is FDA approved, EU approved, and is in now in four or five times as many countries.

So what planet do you come from?

all that and Dex reps make a shit ton more money than ADC reps! What planet do you come from pal? Haha

all that and Dex reps make a shit ton more money than ADC reps! What planet do you come from pal? Haha

Well, if ADC's products are better and continue to take market share, DexCom reps will get shit canned and have no pay. Good luck with it.
If you want real money do what I did, work 80 hour weeks for years at a good a startup (I did it at two) and cash in on the options. Options at $5....sell at $60.

Interesting. So ADC has $4.4B in Libre sales. DexCom G6 is a bit less than $2.0B in sales. Libre revenue is growing at about 40% per year. The Libre 3, with is better than the G6 and at least the same as the G7, is selling so fast ADC can't produce enough product. The G7 is still waiting for FDA approval and only has approval in about 6 countries. The Libre 3 is FDA approved, EU approved, and is in now in four or five times as many countries.

So what planet do you come from?

As a diabetic, and former ADC rep, I have used the Libre 2 & Libre 3, and -more often the not- the device failed miserably.

First of all, The Libre 2 fell off all the time; which apparently was a wide spread, and often complained about issue because the adhesive on the Libre 3 is much stronger, so strong -in fact- that it takes off several layers of skin when you try to remove it.

Both Libre 2 & Libre 3 suffer from “compression syndrome” where if the sensor becomes compressed between your arm & a chair/couch/pillow/bed, you get some wildly inaccurate low readings..Who doesn’t love being awakened at 2am by a high pitch “ultra low” alarm because you rolled over on your sensor while sleeping, and the sensor now thinks your blood sugar is 50.

And, although it the Libre 3 is a “true CGM”, it can still take 48 hours, or more to fully calibrate which means you get ridiculously inaccurate readings during that time.

Not to mention it’s a thin piece of plastic that can easily break.

the Libre is a fantastic example of “great idea, poor execution”.

Great point. Poor execution is the hallmark symptom of a deadly disease known as poor leadership. Poor leadership has a long deep history at ADC. Been the Achilles heal at ADC for over 20 years and running

As a diabetic, and former ADC rep, I have used the Libre 2 & Libre 3, and -more often the not- the device failed miserably.

First of all, The Libre 2 fell off all the time; which apparently was a wide spread, and often complained about issue because the adhesive on the Libre 3 is much stronger, so strong -in fact- that it takes off several layers of skin when you try to remove it.

Both Libre 2 & Libre 3 suffer from “compression syndrome” where if the sensor becomes compressed between your arm & a chair/couch/pillow/bed, you get some wildly inaccurate low readings..Who doesn’t love being awakened at 2am by a high pitch “ultra low” alarm because you rolled over on your sensor while sleeping, and the sensor now thinks your blood sugar is 50.

And, although it the Libre 3 is a “true CGM”, it can still take 48 hours, or more to fully calibrate which means you get ridiculously inaccurate readings during that time.

yes. I noticed the 48 hour discrepancy too. Also last fall there was definitely a problem with bad sensors.

Well, this could be true. I have never used a Libre. I know of five friends/family who are using the Libre 2 and they love it. The readings agree well with their meters. I ran into this fellow who's used both the Libre and the Dexcom....he liked both. I am a technologist so I am aware that any device will not be perfect. However, if the Libre products were total junk two things would happen. The FDA would step in, and nobody would buy them. Neither is happening.

Well, this could be true. I have never used a Libre. I know of five friends/family who are using the Libre 2 and they love it. The readings agree well with their meters. I ran into this fellow who's used both the Libre and the Dexcom....he liked both. I am a technologist so I am aware that any device will not be perfect. However, if the Libre products were total junk two things would happen. The FDA would step in, and nobody would buy them. Neither is happening.

The FDA wouldn’t step in unless there were many claims of actual harm being committed to the patient.
As far as people not buying the Libre if it was “junk”, the masses spend Billions upon Billions of $$$ of “junk”. Think of all the supplements, and products out there that promise some magical result that seems to good to be true, and yet people buy these products everyday, all the time.

The FDA wouldn’t step in unless there were many claims of actual harm being committed to the patient.
As far as people not buying the Libre if it was “junk”, the masses spend Billions upon Billions of $$$ of “junk”. Think of all the supplements, and products out there that promise some magical result that seems to good to be true, and yet people buy these products everyday, all the time.
You’re an idiot Basing your opinion on in vitro (theory) vs In Vivo such as real world users and what their personal experiences have been with Libre take a hike dumbo.

Can you say…Abbott Nutrition?

Great point. Poor execution is the hallmark symptom of a deadly disease known as poor leadership. Poor leadership has a long deep history at ADC. Been the Achilles heal at ADC for over 20 years and running

I have been here for over 5 years and morale is at an all time low. It all starts at the top and trickles down.

I have been here for over 5 years and morale is at an all time low. It all starts at the top and trickles down.
It is bad. Unfortunately I have been here long enough to see the feelings this company has for their sales force. They have consistently tried not to pay the salesforce…should have know this was the pattern of behavior to expect when we were paid us zero during Covid and we were out working and when other companies were home and got full payout. Nothing has changed. I am interviewing now. Can’t wait to leave this place. I have had several specialty positions and I have never been led by such negative leadership. This is a great product and should be led in that manner but not like a horse and whip.

Sure I bet you are. attention starved morons like you stalk these boards. get a life LOSER

“Attention starved”?..This is an anonymous site; how am I personally getting “attention”? My God, you are a brain dead troglodyte…In fact, you obviously have some very real medically diagnosable “cognitive deficiencies”, so my apologies…I don’t want to berate a “handicapable” person..

It is bad. Unfortunately I have been here long enough to see the feelings this company has for their sales force. They have consistently tried not to pay the salesforce…should have know this was the pattern of behavior to expect when we were paid us zero during Covid and we were out working and when other companies were home and got full payout. Nothing has changed. I am interviewing now. Can’t wait to leave this place. I have had several specialty positions and I have never been led by such negative leadership. This is a great product and should be led in that manner but not like a horse and whip.

indeed ADC horrific leadership and subpar sales force compensation are why reps leave the company. If you have 5 good years, it’s likely time for you to set sail from ADC. 5 years is a good tenure to move on. Good luck.

You’re not an end user Libre pt ya delusional smucky bastard.