abbott diabetics

Not really. CGM sales for ADC are about $4B/yr. For Dex a bit over $2B. The Libre 3 and G7 are very similar, with the Libre 3 sensor a bit smaller. I assume the price point is about the same. Both systems have EU clearance. Libre 3 has FDA clearance, the G7 does not. This will be a battle better these two companies for a while. Currently ADC is on top.

Typical ADC Homer who can’t see from behind the hand in front of his face. Lmao

It’s glucose readings and a reading is a reading. Save all the ADC superior technology BS.

Meters are more accurate than CGMs. Meter readings are taken directly from the blood whereas CGMs measure through interstitial fluid (algorithms are used to interpret the glucose levels). So, ADC, DexCom, and other CGMS have about the same accuracy. The advantage of CGMs is that the patient gets a hundred or more readings per day, with no finger sticks, and this gives a better picture of the patient's glucose than a few, slightly more accurate, meter readings.

Meters are more accurate than CGMs. Meter readings are taken directly from the blood whereas CGMs measure through interstitial fluid (algorithms are used to interpret the glucose levels). So, ADC, DexCom, and other CGMS have about the same accuracy. The advantage of CGMs is that the patient gets a hundred or more readings per day, with no finger sticks, and this gives a better picture of the patient's glucose than a few, slightly more accurate, meter readings.

my accuchek meter works better than these bells and whistle propaganda cgm’s which are designed to make ADC money for themselves.

my accuchek meter works better than these bells and whistle propaganda cgm’s which are designed to make ADC money for themselves.

Personal choice.

Four or five more accurate readings in a day (with testing pain) or immediate readings with a bit less accuracy but a daily average of a many CGM readings. Most endocrinologists feel a CGM gives a much better picture of a patient's daily glucose levels than a few finger sticks. Truth is a few years back Asian meters and strips were entering the market and ADC did need to come up with something new. It's making them about $4B more per year...so part of what you say is true.

Personal choice.

Four or five more accurate readings in a day (with testing pain) or immediate readings with a bit less accuracy but a daily average of a many CGM readings. Most endocrinologists feel a CGM gives a much better picture of a patient's daily glucose levels than a few finger sticks. Truth is a few years back Asian meters and strips were entering the market and ADC did need to come up with something new. It's making them about $4B more per year...so part of what you say is true.

Truth is docs could care less. They perceive a glucose reading as a glucose reading and there are no head to head efficacy studies for a reason. It’s all the same and o lt a select few patients with money want to pay for bells and whistles. Hey

Truth is docs could care less. They perceive a glucose reading as a glucose reading and there are no head to head efficacy studies for a reason. It’s all the same and o lt a select few patients with money want to pay for bells and whistles. Hey

Not true. Getting hundreds of data points each with a time stamp is very useful. Much better than four finger sticks per day. However, having said this, many doctors are still very old school and think a meter is a meter. There was a time when the Drs thought meters, and finger sticks were not good enough. Patients required expensive blood work. CGM is the future for diabetic testing, if you can afford it. Meters and strips will always be cheaper.

Not true. Getting hundreds of data points each with a time stamp is very useful. Much better than four finger sticks per day. However, having said this, many doctors are still very old school and think a meter is a meter. There was a time when the Drs thought meters, and finger sticks were not good enough. Patients required expensive blood work. CGM is the future for diabetic testing, if you can afford it. Meters and strips will always be cheaper.

you talk in circles and are pointless. Your docs must dread you.

you talk in circles and are pointless. Your docs must dread you.

I don't talk in circles. I just speak data and science. Overall CGM is a better diabetes management tool than meters, the data shows this fact. And I am a R&D guy, so I am not trying to sell docs. For the work I have had discussions with physicians to help in product development. The ones I have worked with were very keen on CGM. They don't have time to look at all the CGM data of each patient, but they can see the trends which are helpful in treating the diabetic.

I don't talk in circles. I just speak data and science. Overall CGM is a better diabetes management tool than meters, the data shows this fact. And I am a R&D guy, so I am not trying to sell docs. For the work I have had discussions with physicians to help in product development. The ones I have worked with were very keen on CGM. They don't have time to look at all the CGM data of each patient, but they can see the trends which are helpful in treating the diabetic.

Well that’s pretty obvious after reading your circular posts that you’re not in sales. Haha

Dex has all but shut ADC down.

Interesting. So ADC has $4.4B in Libre sales. DexCom G6 is a bit less than $2.0B in sales. Libre revenue is growing at about 40% per year. The Libre 3, with is better than the G6 and at least the same as the G7, is selling so fast ADC can't produce enough product. The G7 is still waiting for FDA approval and only has approval in about 6 countries. The Libre 3 is FDA approved, EU approved, and is in now in four or five times as many countries.

So what planet do you come from?