40% employees Will be layoff from IT, Finance and commercial

The game has certainly changed for the over 50 crowd. Age discrimination has been beaten down so much that companies are more and more brazen about getting rid of the over 50 employee. Used to be because of salaries and benefits, and still is where those are grandfathered in. The over 50 bucket has the highest unemployment rate of all age groups.

For more and more over 50, if they can get rehired, there are no retirements bene's, and salaries are much lower. So even though the barrier of hiring older employees has been removed - higher salary and bend's - these people are still not getting hired. And when they do, their longevity it the lowest for any age group.

It seems that companies are hiring very experienced older employees, getting out what they know, and then letting them go. If you get let go over 50, you can expect, at best, to have a dozen short term, lower paying gigs, with periods of unemployment in-between, until you retire.

It is what it is, as they say.

And this my friend is why I live in a middle class neighborhood, drive middle class cars, and live a middle class life even if my income is over $200K. Over 50 and saved most of it.

Screw those who don't value experience, it is their loss.

At least 70 AN IT affected. Some have 60 days to transition to Cognizant. As posted earlier 39 weeks max severance based on time served. BSS affected. GIS barely touched. "Business as usual" in Columbus starting tomorrow. lol yeah right!