40% employees Will be layoff from IT, Finance and commercial

PROUD ABT!! Abbott Is Undervalued With Significant Prospects In Vision Care
Jun. 26, 2014 4:54 PM ET | About: Abbott Laboratories (ABT), Includes: JNJ, NVS
Disclosure: The author has no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. (More...)
Summary

Abbott received CE Marking for its implantable Tecnis lenses in Europe.
WHO says that global annual target for cataract surgeries should be 32 million by 2020.
The global vision care devices market will reach $46 billion by 2017, representing significant opportunities for Abbott.

The IT outsourcing is a joke. Your computer or Ipad is completely dead and you need a replacement. You ask the IT folks to call you on your cell phone to discuss. Your service request is cancelled for the reason they emailed you and you did not respond. How can you respond to email when you system is down?

My Manager and several other reps have put in IT requests for help and a day later get a message that they resolved the problem but no one from IT never called to solve the issue. The IT folks simply close service requests and do nothing! Then you get a message asking you to rate the IT dept. You give them all Zeros (lowest score) and ask for a call back and never hear back. Management is not listening.

No wonder why the Sales force is not out their selling. They are sitting at home waiting for the IT dept to call back.

The IT outsourcing is a joke. Your computer or Ipad is completely dead and you need a replacement. You ask the IT folks to call you on your cell phone to discuss. Your service request is cancelled for the reason they emailed you and you did not respond. How can you respond to email when you system is down?

My Manager and several other reps have put in IT requests for help and a day later get a message that they resolved the problem but no one from IT never called to solve the issue. The IT folks simply close service requests and do nothing! Then you get a message asking you to rate the IT dept. You give them all Zeros (lowest score) and ask for a call back and never hear back. Management is not listening.

No wonder why the Sales force is not out their selling. They are sitting at home waiting for the IT dept to call back.

It's a shame that being in IT, you become grouped as a single entity. Some very fine individuals were cut in this layoff. Many had nothing to do with the GIS ITSM system, unless you count that fact that even divisional IT had to open tickets to get issues resolved. These cuts were the ones that architected and built through close interaction with the business, the solutions that solved the business daily needs. They were the innovators and problem solvers that had to work within a very rigid infrastructure.

excuses excuses sales force sells nothing because they have no talent and need a wake up call
it's coming soon sorry to say

I'm a contractor here at AbbVie the tension here is ridiculous. The back stabbing, miss-trust and throwing co-workers under the bus is not a environment in which I would recommend or one that I would want to stay. Good Bye...Thank God

Abbott and Abbvie Shared services, yeah what a great idea.... Tension, backstabbing and throwing coworkers under the bus seems to have become part of job descriptions. Bad environment, lack of transparency, hidden agendas, every man for himself.

Abbott and Abbvie Shared services, yeah what a great idea.... Tension, backstabbing and throwing coworkers under the bus seems to have become part of job descriptions. Bad environment, lack of transparency, hidden agendas, every man for himself.

Another ex-AbbVie contractor here. Ugh. That place was ridiculous. Such a sick environment. So vile. After almost 2 years I had had it but I wanted my unemployment and they just wouldn't let me go. THEY JUST WOULDN'T LET ME GO. However, the boss had been in an extra special grouchyass mood at the time (not that different than the usual nastyass sneaky two faced mood he was always in) and he had just laid off 2 other contractors in the previous 2 weeks for minor infractions. So I thought I had best seize the opportunity. I finally packed all my stuff and took it home leaving one item lest anyone become suspicious. One item I didn't care about. Then I just called in sick until I got the call of freedom. They decided to release me from my contract!!!! Amen. It was beautiful.

I'm retired after 35 years of faithful, hard working service to Abbott and enjoying every minute of my retirement for the past five years. You whack job!!!

you were fired, we all know you on here you were fired from Hospira ACCS and you answer your own thread you live on the board starting trouble
this is your confession from Hospira board ->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The problem is that we "field people" never hear the real truth; we get the scrubbed/spun version of what management wants us to hear. Anonymity does allow some evils, but it does provide safety........corporate does not want, nor can it handle the truth.

There definitely is way too much of the immature, moronic, and mean crap here, but the serious posts do provide a forum for those of us who truly want to make Pharma a better place to make a career. It allows serious commentary/discussion re: what cannot be said publically without the risk of being disciplined or fired.

I speak from personal experience as I am one of many who has seen their career hurt....or were fired due to speaking the truth.

The Confession of a Pussy and Coward Right Here
Let's keep this on top here and link it on ABT board
Hates what was done to him but won't do shit about it

Whenever there is a morale issue it pays to look at what is motivating the employees to fight with each other. This is a great example of how poorly Management works. They save $ by cheating stealing from workers who in return will get back by either lowering quality, slowing down or looking the other way when competition shows up.

Good Management will work with employees so it is a win win situation. I think Abbott Managements sees workers are resources that can be exploited and then thrown away (Slave labor).

That's exactly right and true of abbvie, Abbott, and Hospira.