The Fall and Decline of the Pharma Rep

That is the way to do this. Keep jumping to a hot product because no one cares about relationships anymore. you are not allowed to have them nor do doctors want or are allowed to even talk to us at half our accounts and offices. And Oncology is worse. They cannot get in and have to rely on institutions adding to protocols - it is ALL protocol and algorithms in ONC. No selling needed or allowed. ONCs hate reps worse than most. Good luck Medi and for those who were not "selected" - meaning all AZ reps not deemed worthy - you have been spared - for now.
So here's the AZ way to get Oncs on board. Transfer a whacko cougar who sells face cream on the side!

I represent all that is wrong with pharma. I am that guy that lasted here 30+ and just got packaged out - thank God because many of my peers in CV Spec would have jumped at the chance but could not. I was there in the good old days and then the arms race and then the fall of the Roman empire. I made a fortune and did many things I was proud of and many that embarrass me to this day. I feel bad for those who are left and wish you all the best. Remember one thing - no one can help you when your ticket gets punched and it will get punched here before 2018. There is nothing left here.

Don't think that you represent all that is wrong with Pharma but if you were here 30+ years then you have witnessed all that is wrong with Pharma. AZ does not give two shits about its employees now, if they ever did.
You are just a number and the higher your number, years + salary + pension obligations, then the more likely you are to be cut loose in the next round. If you are legacy Zeneca with a designated pension, (hard to believe there are any left) you are the first out the door this round. The last of the Mohicans as they refer to you in HQ.