• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

Stock

When buying stock one shouldn't try to time the market- you buy stock in companies that have solid financials and long term outlooks. Novartis has exactly that. We have new launches that will provide billions in new revenue as well as many new drugs in our pipeline.

The outlook is great for Novartis regardless of fears of the Coronavirus

When buying stock one shouldn't try to time the market- you buy stock in companies that have solid financials and long term outlooks. Novartis has exactly that. We have new launches that will provide billions in new revenue as well as many new drugs in our pipeline.

The outlook is great for Novartis regardless of fears of the Coronavirus

Thanks for the advice Investor Relations :p

Now, tell me why I should continue holding 100% of the NVS shares I currently own as global markets are crashing?

good. be prepared to sell again at $84. or $79.79.

did you sell ?

NVS is going sub $70. spread your buys below that level down to the $60 level.

this assumes coronavirus will not destroy the global economy. if that happens, all bets are off, but we won't know that until it's already too late.

you should be preparing for that scenario as well.

I am a NVS shareholder 10+ years, but any reasonable investor looking to preserve gains has to think about hedging strategies. The market has its cycles, though hard to predict, what goes up will go down. As certain as death and taxes.

And I never short stocks, preferring the various option strategies to bank premiums / buy insurance.

$110 may be as good as it gets for a LOOOOOOOONG time, so why not sell 1/3 of your position now to minimize the pain of a drawdown. Only the lucky few will top-tick the market with their sales, so why risk a potential 13% gain against a 29% loss. Doesn't make any sense.

Happy trading.

this guy. feb 10.

I agree sub 70; the supply chain for product is decimated and US jobs have been moved to India and South America which is overwhelmed now with the virus so getting US product out isn’t their priority, good job Vas and team especially that little wisely guy Stephan.

I agree sub 70; the supply chain for product is decimated and US jobs have been moved to India and South America which is overwhelmed now with the virus so getting US product out isn’t their priority, good job Vas and team especially that little wisely guy Stephan.

the simple fact that NVS is a less diversified company than it was pre-2008/2009 crash means it's more exposed here.

buckle up!

Now that price dipped below $70 and found some short-term support as did most other equities, we could expect a bear market rally over the next 2 weeks.

Targets: $80, $83, $86

If the pandemic blows over quickly and things get back to normal, we could even see > $90 again. Even if that happens, it doesn't mean the bear market is over. The bear market just started. The fear of the ChineseVirus and consequent economic is very real. It will take months if not years to make new market highs again. This is not good for Trump, although he is pulling out all the stops to get re-elected. Expect shit to get weird. So be careful holding too much stock or hedge your position with some cheap, long-dated out of the money put options.

Stock is going to crash, today is just the first few minutes after the titanic was ripped open by the iceberg our captain Vas still thinks there’s hope, sorry a hole the ships going down, mid 60s soon,

Now that price dipped below $70 and found some short-term support as did most other equities, we could expect a bear market rally over the next 2 weeks.

Targets: $80, $83, $86

If the pandemic blows over quickly and things get back to normal, we could even see > $90 again. Even if that happens, it doesn't mean the bear market is over. The bear market just started. The fear of the ChineseVirus and consequent economic is very real. It will take months if not years to make new market highs again. This is not good for Trump, although he is pulling out all the stops to get re-elected. Expect shit to get weird. So be careful holding too much stock or hedge your position with some cheap, long-dated out of the money put options.

Price has met and exceeded 2 out of 3 targets given. That was not bad, and the gap closed. There is another > $92, but tell me what is going to drive price up another 12% given the current situation? Steam is being lost. The stimulus is baked into the market. The situation is about to get much worse with rising COVID-19 deaths. Nice to see NVS will donate hydroxychloroquine though. Time to lighten up on your holdings if you missed the opportunity before.

New targets: $74, $69, $60

of course it will...even higher. The question is when. We will very likely be entering a recession soon and a lot depends on how long this virus continues and the November elections. Novartis is a solid stock with a solid dividend.

The stock will go > $90 again, just not sustainably for at least the next 12-18 months. We're range-bound < $100 and > $70, with a bias to the downside.

Next year, the dividend will remain flat to a lower than avg increase. There are a number of headwinds beyond what you mentioned that will impact institutional interest in the company. Those include but are not limited to 1) failing to close strategic divestments that would have optimized the balance sheet, 2) missing sales growth targets from recent and future launches and 3) a narrowing margin expansion from an exhausted productivity improvement program.

[[[[[M0R0N]]]]

dude, how many fucking times has little stevie heard that shit growing up. i mean, it's not like voices in the head are telling to end it all right now. you are not your thoughts. i am you and you are me. we are one.

The stock will go > $90 again, just not sustainably for at least the next 12-18 months. We're range-bound < $100 and > $70, with a bias to the downside.

Next year, the dividend will remain flat to a lower than avg increase. There are a number of headwinds beyond what you mentioned that will impact institutional interest in the company. Those include but are not limited to 1) failing to close strategic divestments that would have optimized the balance sheet, 2) missing sales growth targets from recent and future launches and 3) a narrowing margin expansion from an exhausted productivity improvement program.

During any downturn of the economy- some sectors are down while others boom. Healthcare and Pharmaceutical stocks are set to boom. Much safer than Auto or consumer items. Yes short term we have price controls potential after next election- but that has been priced in forever.

Institutions love stocks like Novartis.